• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No way man!!! Sheik is back?? TOTALLY didn't see that coming...

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I half expected it, thought it could go either way. Great to see she is a stand-alone character now.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Seemed like a logical move to me. I just wish that since they excised Shiek from Zelda, they would have gotten rid of the ponytail and made the character look more like the OoT version. Also, I wonder if she will still have her chain.

Malion

Smash Ace
Sheik has changed a bit actually. Though sheik still has the ponytail their physique is more masculine this go around. Both in body shape as well as facial features.
I'm a little disapointed but i guess it's in making sheik more like their oot counterpart.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm overjoyed that Sheik is back. Sheik was one of my mains in Brawl, alongside Marth, so...yeah. Loving the design!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guess Impa could still get in as a semi-clone of Sheik, now she is a separate character. Think it would work out very nicely with all these new moves Sheik has. Am a tad dissapointed that she has no Deku Nuts though! Instead, she has a... bomb? Okaaayyyy..?

If Impa were to get in, I doubt she'd be very ninja-like as Greninja already quite does that. She could be more magic based or something. Or with some kung-fu like moves or ****.

*sigh* Guess I should just get used to Sheik being a lock. Same as Toad being forever Peach's Neutral B. And of course, Ridley never being a playable character. I'll even give her a try again, played her a lot in Melee and Brawl after all...

yani

Smash Lord
Guess Impa could still get in as a semi-clone of Sheik, now she is a separate character. Think it would work out very nicely with all these new moves Sheik has. Am a tad dissapointed that she has no Deku Nuts though! Instead, she has a... bomb? Okaaayyyy..?

If Impa were to get in, I doubt she'd be very ninja-like as Greninja already quite does that. She could be more magic based or something. Or with some kung-fu like moves or ****.

*sigh* Guess I should just get used to Sheik being a lock. Same as Toad being forever Peach's Neutral B. And of course, Ridley never being a playable character. I'll even give her a try again, played her a lot in Melee and Brawl after all...
it's going to be okay..... *hugs*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Barrier as Down B would've been so much better than a lame ZSS-like Down B...

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
A Barrier as Down B would've been so much better than a lame ZSS-like Down B...
Actually, her down b is making me consider her one of my new most hyped characters, that and her grenades (even if they make no sense). I always liked playing as zelda, and now that her specials seem useful I really want to use her (though admittedly I do like playing ZSS and at this point she is my most hyped character 'cause of those kicks).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You never see Sheik fight in her source material so of course they had to come up with all of her moves. I just roll with it.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Personally I love the new Side-B. her chain was kinda useless unless you seriously wanted to screw with a Ganondorf and take the time to play it out perfectly so they went up to 999% damage. Sooooo looking forward to Kick-Flipping my foes off-screen in Casual Online/ For Fun mode. I don't main Sheik, but I might start to play her even more often than I do (which is a lot by the way).

and I'll admit, Sakurai had me a little worried after the mention of no transformations. Then ZSS appeared on screen and my hope was renewed just like that. and then we get a more ninja-like Nintendo Ninja. (and then a more stereotypical Ninja in Greninja! I is happy char :))

Honestly I don't know what Impa's chances are, but after Skyward Sword I certainly hope she ends up an Assist Trophy at least.

and I'm pretty sure ZSS' down B is changed so......hopefully it doesn't end up being something better suited for Sheik than Bouncing Fish (I myself wonder the name, but then again, Martial Arts techniques tend to have wierd names).

Top Bottom