• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Smash 4 ruleset on site?

Crow!

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

I was pretty active on this forum (and in my local smash scene) back in the Brawl days, and I check back here from time to time to see how Smash 4 is doing.

I was involved in a lot of the polishing and/or removal of unclear / inconsistent rules during one of the major updates to the Brawl ruleset (BBR Rule Set 3). So today I thought, "Hey, I wonder how well written up Smash 4's rules are?". I looked and... uh, I can't even FIND anything that looks like an official ruleset. Instead, I need to find a Smash 4 tournament, and each tournament has its own, comically short, sometimes unclear, list of bullet points.

Get your stuff together, guys. Even if there's some points of contention in the rules, not having ANY information for the game under the site's "Rulesets" tab, and no sitckied or "list of rulesets" thread in the Competitive, is just embarrassing.

Good luck,
- Crow!

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
The Smash 4 community has been extremely divided when it comes to rules. Also, it was pretty recent that a Smash 4 backroom was formed and they have been working on a tier list instead, so it's not surprising that they have not made a ruleset. I really don't know how this situation will turn out in the future... It doesn't really feel like Sm4sh will have a united ruleset very soon, although it does feel like more and more regions make rulesets with very few stages allowed and no custom moves allowed.

Top Bottom