• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO SD CODES FOUND!

morgazmisback

Smash Rookie
When I try install Project M through Gecko it can never fully install and it comes up with error saying "No SD codes found" then automatically loads SSBB.
Why is this happening?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Did you redownload, did you download the wrong version, did you try the hackless method

B 2

Smash Rookie
Bump. Having this problem, anybody know fixes?

EDIT: Don't worry, got past this. But now when I open project M I just get a black screen.

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
One of two things is probably going on here.
1. Your codes are not in the right spot. Make sure on the root of your SD card you have a folder called "codes", and inside that, is "RSBE01.gct"
2. You don't have an NTSC-U (American) copy of brawl. As of right now, Project M only works with the NTSC-U version, they plan to add compatibility with the other versions with the final release.

B 2

Smash Rookie
My copy of brawl is PAL ): Anyway to get around this?
Would making my wii region free help?

B 2

Smash Rookie
Just did that last night! finally got it working :) Thanks!

Muck

Smash Cadet
1. Your codes are not in the right spot. Make sure on the root of your SD card you have a folder called "codes", and inside that, is "RSBE01.gct"
2. You don't have an NTSC-U (American) copy of brawl. As of right now, Project M only works with the NTSC-U version, they plan to add compatibility with the other versions with the final release.
um what do you mean, can you explain it a little clearer for a bum like me?
I have the right sd card and 2.6 worked on it. how do i fix pm 3.0 to stop saying sd card codes not found?

Muck

Smash Cadet
can you explain more?
Capture02.PNG

B 2

Smash Rookie
hey, whered you get the iso from and how did you put it on your usb harddrive/flashdrive?
im having the same problem and i didnt want to make a thread just for it. thanks in advance

I'm not using a USB, I got a DVD+R (Dual Layered Disc.) and Burnt an NTSC Version of Brawl onto it because my PAL copy doesn't work, and just get one from piratebay or something, Brawl is about 7 nearly 8gb in size.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i had the same damn problem before my disc died. even when you download everything correctly you get no sd codes found. all you have to do is press b when it says no sd codes found and then load it again, worked for me

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
You could also try renaming your SD card from PROJECT M to the default name, some users have said that has caused them problems.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hey, I had the same issued but i fixed it by renaming the file in the "codes" folder to "RSBP01.gci" hope it helped
that does not fix the issue, really... it means you have the PAL version of the game and there is no PAL version of PM at the moment... the game won't be playing properly, then...

skron

Smash Rookie
When I try install Project M through Gecko it can never fully install and it comes up with error saying "No SD codes found" then automatically loads SSBB.
Why is this happening?
im also having this problem i have tried almost everything

dualwieldroxas

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem. Does someone know, how to get PM working? I followed this guide but unfortunately I always get the same message in gecko which is "no SD codes found" and then it starts Brawl instead of PM...

Never mind, I just got it working. It seems like the Project M archive I downloaded was corrupted and some files were missing. To be more precise the RSBE01.gct was missing. I downloaded another version which worked perfectly fine for me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom