• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No projectiles a big deal?

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
Do you think Meta Knight's lack of projectiles is really that much of a weakness? I've been completely owning projectile spammers using air dodges and dimensional cape and I've come to realise you don't need to fight projectiles with projectiles. On a side note, how over powered of a character would Meta Knight be if his drill rush was replaced by his tornado projectile as seen in the Kirby games? He would be insane.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Meta Knight's lack of projectiles is really that much of a weakness? I've been completely owning projectile spammers using air dodges and dimensional cape and I've come to realise you don't need to fight projectiles with projectiles. On a side note, how over powered of a character would Meta Knight be if his drill rush was replaced by his tornado projectile as seen in the Kirby games? He would be insane.
I was wondering what happened to that myself, but a replacement to the drill rush? Try an alternate final smash.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
true lol. I never used projectiles much in any smash bros game. ever (exept the starrods stars were helpful sometimes)

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
tornado and drill have key differences

drill rush is fast and can go higher of ground also better in air but you'd use shutle loop in that situation

tornadohas more damage and cant go as high of ground

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
^^^ way to double post bluebolt ^^^

On topic, I originally disliked Meta Knights play style partly because of his lack of projectiles, I mained shiek in melee so it wasnt that big a deal but its always nice to have the option. Anyway, I started getting good as Pit which frustrated me because I always wanted to main Meta Knight, ever since he was first announced in the E3 trailer because hes my favorite character. Well, a week after brawl came out I was going to this big tournament (momocon) and the thunder outside woke me up at around 6 am. I couldnt go back to sleep, so I just played brawl and practiced with Meta Knight for a few hours before heading out. I didnt place especailly well in the tournament but I learned a lot about Meta Knight's moves and while his lack of projectiles is a main weakness of his, it can certainly be overcome. Thank god Pit isnt my best character anymore...I mean, no offense but I didnt even play his original games.

ioc2much

Smash Rookie
To most projectile spammers I usually just neutral b through the projectile and hit them.
That makes them stop spamming projectiles real fast and works particularly well against Pits

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
I never thought of using mach tornado as a barrier for projectiles.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Considering his neutral B and side B which can pretty much go across the stage in an offensive manner, he doesn't really need them.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
i like meta knight (he is my secondary) but being a pit main when i play meta knight after playing pit i feel handicaped lol. plus projectiles can change the game a lot

JVMetaknight

Smash Rookie
i like meta knight (he is my secondary) but being a pit main when i play meta knight after playing pit i feel handicaped lol. plus projectiles can change the game a lot
As can the ability to properly negate them. Whenever I draw a character with projectiles, I use them sparingly as surprise bits of damage here and there. This doesn't apply if my opponent is stuck in a helpless situation; then I'll blast them for whatever it's worth.

Metaknight's lack of projectiles has never really bothered me. Does this topic come up in DK, Marth, and Ike forums too?

mzink*

Smash Ace
careful using neutral b against projectiles, there are some it doesnt block, like wolfs blaster will stop you in your tracks

Endgam3

Smash Rookie
careful using neutral b against projectiles, there are some it doesnt block, like wolfs blaster will stop you in your tracks
True, but for the most part, it still blocks a good deal of projectiles. Really useful for getting close to the spammers.

Top Bottom