• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No movement CG

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
This is really a CG help thread...

Whenever I do a forward throw CG, Nana continues to slide forward. I have seen (and done it accidentally) done without nana sliding forwar. How does one go about doing that?

lain

Smash Master
Nana's sliding forward?

Grab with popo, bthrow into nana, then buffer the fthrow with nana so popo doesn't move at all, then grab.

MrNaruhodou

Smash Rookie
Just tilt the control stick so nana will just be walking forward. Don't smash the stick.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Nana's sliding forward?

Grab with popo, bthrow into nana, then buffer the fthrow with nana so popo doesn't move at all, then grab.
I could never get the timing right for the back throw...same thing with the second fthrow.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
You can buffer a pivot grab from a Bthrow on some of the lighter characters because the speed of Popo's Bthrow is faster on lighter characters. Nana doesn't go anywhere if you time the grab correctly. and you can buffer an Fthrow into Popo's regrab. Rinse and repeat for a stock.

Amazing how I know all of this stuff but I suck at applying it.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
If you're just doing the alternating grab forwards without changing direction, it's easier to do Popo Dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Popo Dthrow > Nana Fthrow... than it is to just Fthrow with both of them.

I find Bthrow really hard to do though :urg:

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Rejjae, for the back throw as soon as the control stick hits it's boundary press Z. Practice on Meta Knight and Falco. I'm the complete opposite of you, I have no problems with the back throw, but the front throw is a different story.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow, if only I can post videos of how I use the chain grab. T_T Well, all I can say right now is that you have to immediately press Z after you tap the control stick...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just picked up IC's and i'm learning the chain-grab stuff, but I have to admit I suck at it badly.

Here's what I'm doing:
I don't desynch to start or anything. I'm just in training mode, and i'm standing right next to the CPU (i'm using Marth right now).
I grab with Popo.
I jam back on the D-stick to Bthrow, and immediately push Y to grab with Nana.
1 of 2 things happens here. Either I held Back long enough that Nana dash-grabbed (which works for me), or I didn't. If she dash grabbed, she is standing out in front of me a little bit. If she didn't, we are on top of each other.

If she dash grabbed, I start walking towards her with Popo, which triggers her Fthrow.
I grab again with Y.
Then I backthrow again, like I did at the beginning, and regrab with nana again.
As long as she dash grabs, I can usually time the grab with Popo again if I make her FThrow.

If she didn't dashgrab, I'm stuck. I don't know what to do from there.

I'm not buffering anything, because I suck, and I don't really get the timing of it all.

I think what I need is a video with someone showing a basic alternating chain grab and describing in detail their inputs with timing to help me understand. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

Any help? Anyone know any such videos? Or can anyone describe what to do next really well?

TKD

Smash Lord
It's actually GOOD that your partner slides forward. This thread makes no sense. Don't you want to fthrow into spike? You can't hold them there forever.

Some characters can actually be back-and-forth chainthrown, but the fact that your partner slides isn't a handicap.

TKD

Smash Lord
I just picked up IC's and i'm learning the chain-grab stuff, but I have to admit I suck at it badly.

I think what I need is a video with someone showing a basic alternating chain grab and describing in detail their inputs with timing to help me understand. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

Any help? Anyone know any such videos? Or can anyone describe what to do next really well?
Search "Fashion Climbers" on Youtube. I explained the chainthrows by posting comments. The video is outdated, but the only thing I do differently now is that I chaincatch faster (the chainthrowing in the vid's too slow, my opponents could have gotten free by rotating the control stick).

EDIT Sorry for the double post X___X

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It's actually GOOD that your partner slides forward. This thread makes no sense. Don't you want to fthrow into spike? You can't hold them there forever.

Some characters can actually be back-and-forth chainthrown, but the fact that your partner slides isn't a handicap.
his. i don't find it that distracting at all. it helps get them closer to the edge so i can do a fthrow-> nana fair-> nana edge hog.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I like that they slide, It makes them reach the edge faster. But as for going back and forth (which I don't do often), I like to Nana d-throw -> Popo pivot grab. B-throw just feels wierd to me.

Hit973

Smash Cadet
I love this chain grab. I do this one all the time now. Feels safer and I have messed up less. I don't always buffer it though, but w/e it's still brilliant :)

Top Bottom