• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No More Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjakshin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
3291-6573-0624
Stop predicting characters. For your own good.

Too many people are getting there hopes up for a character that they didn't actually want in the Smash franchise until someone else did. I am 100% satisfied with just the original 65/66 characters, and almost think that there shouldn't be any newcomers. People get there hopes up way too much. I think that people should stop making predictions, or even hope for new characters, or even bother with fake leaks. I was much happier with this direct than any other because I took a break from the smash community and all of the potential leaks. I dodged a bullet with the Grinch leak because so many streamers were disappointed when they didn't get Geno, or Shadow, or any other character. I was so happy with every character that was revealed, and absolutely satisfied, and I think that the Smash community would be better off if they stopped hating on Sakurai for still not having confirmed Waluigi. I flipped out of my seat when Piranha Plant was confirmed because not only was the reveal so well set-up, but Sakurai, the genius, knew that nobody would ever predict that character. People would be glad that he was added. I just see too much disappointment from too many reaction videos and it's driving me mad. So please, for your own sake, stop predicting characters and just live in the moment.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's tough to do that during long dry spells with no info or news at all.

During those times, there's usually little else to do except say, "So who do you think is in?"

Benjakshin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
3291-6573-0624
It's tough to do that during long dry spells with no info or news at all.

During those times, there's usually little else to do except say, "So who do you think is in?"
I agree, I really do agree, but there aren't people guessing more characters, they just keep screaming for the same 5-15 characters over again. The people's standards go up as the products do too, it's nuts.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
This. You can’t blame people for blowing up fake leaks, but if they’re being invested in them to the point where it’s emotional, then there’s a problem. Feeling sad over confirmed characters should never get the better of you.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
People enjoy kvetching about the roster more than actually playing the game.
You're, sadly, not wrong.

Some people will refuse to buy the game due to a character, who has never been playable in Smash prior, isn't confirmed in. People like that confuse me.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This thread does not really serve any purpose except to troll people that like making character predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom