• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No matter of Bowser's tier

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Tier means nothing when the skill of a player out shines the aspect of a character that aren't very good or good at all.

Remind players that skill matters more then tiers when your out their owning other players with your Bowser's.

ROOOOOOAR!!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
why does everyone try to sound like a hypocrite on this topic..
tier is an anylization on aspects of the character that makes him/her "good" or "bad"
if an ike with the same skill level as you was battling you using bowser, you would probably lose.
that is all that tier means! >:(

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Everybody (should) know this already. Why do you think we're all here? In the Bowser boards?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There would be no way im letting a cheap Ike become better than Bowser. Simply pwn the higher tiers (Excluding Pit because I like him... Ok nvm, just not my Pit) with Bowser and show them the Pride of the King Koopa!

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
While I agree that tiers shouldnt decide what character you use and whatnot skill is a big factor. Tiers generally say that if 2 equally skilled players fight and one is using a top tier guy and the other low tier then the guy using the top tier thing usually wins. So pretty much you gotta work harder to get good with bowser than say snake or MK. Playing bowser is just plain pro cause if you beat someone with him then it shows that your way better than them unless you got unbearably lucky somehow.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Kirby and G&W are a pretty fair match up (imo) you should be able to beat those two character after playing against them often.

Olimar however is a pain. No matter how many times I play against him I can't find a good way to defeat him. I mean I can beat Olimar's but really good ones are the toughest.

Your have to be really aggressive when playing against a Olimar. Don't let him get away from you.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
A good GaW will **** Bowser EVERYTIME. He can just outspace you viciously.
no you mean a good G&W will **** YOUR Bowser every time.

Don't speak for the rest of us who know what we're doing against Gameandwatch players and for those who are trying to learn how to beat them.

Just because you can't beat them doesn't mean we suffer the same fail. :cool:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You're an idiot. Welcome to competitive smash where a competent top tier will **** your low-tier garbage unless they're unfamiliar with the match-up. And when they are, your characters flaws come out and you fail. Sorry guy.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
KevinM knows his ****. Trying to say that Bowser can beat a good G&W or DDD is like saying having an ashtray on a motorcycle is actually useful. Quit life dias

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
You're an idiot. Welcome to competitive smash where a competent top tier will **** your low-tier garbage unless they're unfamiliar with the match-up. And when they are, your characters flaws come out and you fail. Sorry guy.
since you believe so strongly in that the next time you brawl a character that is "higher tier" then Bowser drop the controller and let the other player **** you.

Since you keep getting ***** by G&W players.

You won't learn anything doing that but I guess giving up comes natural to players who rely on a list to win.

With that said unless your maining Snake you should be dropping your controller when faced up against any character other then Snake.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Keep that bull **** to yourself! You might as well say that Low tier characters cant do **** to high tier characters and if you believe that then your utter garabge whos skill can't increase and will try to downgrade the boards with your stupid Bull****!
KevinM knows his ****. Trying to say that Bowser can beat a good G&W or DDD is like saying having an ashtray on a motorcycle is actually useful. Quit life dias
So I'm guessing your the same garbage as above right?

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Guys, get a hold of yourselves, these are your respective opinions. No need to off cursing like a **** sailor just because you dont agree with someone.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks to the person above me I'll calm down and instead let them see for themselves what I mean.

btw Dias Meta>Snake.

And again, if a high-tier is competent enough they will **** you. It sucks buts its the truth it's what smash is about. Brawl it's even more apparent it's why I play Meta.

degypr

Smash Cadet
You make this sound like it's some kind of a generator for deciding who will win. It's like if you were a tournament and picked let's say ´(insert bad character here) (not sure about the Brawl tiers and neither do I care) and your opponent picks (insert good character here). When you see who the other person picks you might as well just walk away from the controller. You can beat everyone with anyone so quit trying to analyse a game that's just supposed to be fun to play.

By the way, the "Quit life" is just pathetic.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I don't keep up with who beats who because I just don't care. I believe I can win against any character using my main Bowser and thats what I do and will keep doing. Sure I'll lose games but you can't win them all. It doesn't mean its because of the higher tier character that I lost.

Its the fact that the player was just clearly better then me. This won't stop me from maining my main.

Unlike you I won't walk away from my controller because I'm against a character that said by a list is supposed to beat me. I'm going to kick that character and the player using that character butt because thats what I do. ;)

I'm not trying to be rude but think about it. If all competitive players believed so strongly in that tier list then the meta game of the other characters will never be explored/discovered.

Just because you main a "low tier" character doesn't make you any less competitive then the Metaknight or Snake mainer.

I'll continue answering topics like "Help with brawling Olimar's" because I know you can beat them.

It just take skill my friends and thats what we're building on. :cool:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I don't keep up with who beats who because I just don't care. I believe I can win against any character using my main Bowser and thats what I do and will keep doing. Sure I'll lose games but you can't win them all. It doesn't mean its because of the higher tier character that I lost.

Its the fact that the player was just clearly better then me. This won't stop me from maining my main.

Unlike you I won't walk away from my controller because I'm against a character that said by a list is supposed to beat me. I'm going to kick that character and the player using that character butt because thats what I do. ;)

I'm not trying to be rude but think about it. If all competitive players believed so strongly in that tier list then the meta game of the other characters will never be explored/discovered.

Just because you main a "low tier" character doesn't make you any less competitive then the Metaknight or Snake mainer.

I'll continue answering topics like "Help with brawling Olimar's" because I know you can beat them.

It just take skill my friends and thats what we're building on. :cool:
What your saying is ********.

If the best bowser(DJ Nintendo), and the best MK(M2K) played each other, the MK would always win. Why? Because the matchup is ********.

Perhaps you play complete scrubs. Thats good for you. But that doesn't count when it comes to matchups because these scrubs you play have no idea how to abuse what they have over your main. You can say that bowser is good, but he is not. Even if you are good with bowser, that still won't make him a good character.Maybe if you watch this video you'll understand more.

Its a shame the bowser boards are garbage now. I remember I would be able to go into the melee bowser boards and have intelligent conversations with people who know what the **** they're trying to say. Now that I think about it though, I am posting in the brawl section, so I can't really expect to get responses from good players.

You make this sound like it's some kind of a generator for deciding who will win. It's like if you were a tournament and picked let's say ´(insert bad character here) (not sure about the Brawl tiers and neither do I care) and your opponent picks (insert good character here). When you see who the other person picks you might as well just walk away from the controller. You can beat everyone with anyone so quit trying to analyse a game that's just supposed to be fun to play.

By the way, the "Quit life" is just pathetic.
In brawl thats pretty much what the tier list is. Compared to melee where it IS possible to do well with bowser and place consistently. Did you know that a good G&W can out prioritize and out range just about every move bowser has? Did you know that if you play a good DDD that a grab means you lose a stock? Did you know that after every aerial bowser does MK can just Up b after it, meaning you have virtually no approach on a good campy MK.

Bowser is bad. The rest of the forum need to understand that. Hopefully somebody will be able to explain that to you if I can't.

degypr

Smash Cadet
What your saying is ********.
In brawl thats pretty much what the tier list is. Compared to melee where it IS possible to do well with bowser and place consistently. Did you know that a good G&W can out prioritize and out range just about every move bowser has? Did you know that if you play a good DDD that a grab means you lose a stock? Did you know that after every aerial bowser does MK can just Up b after it, meaning you have virtually no approach on a good campy MK.

Bowser is bad. The rest of the forum need to understand that. Hopefully somebody will be able to explain that to you if I can't.
I understand perfectly what you're trying to say but you're wrong about that a Bowser player is screwed against someone like Meta Knight. In fact, I have plenty of online friends who likes going with MK and I can still beat them with Bowser. As long as you don't think of tiers I find it easier to play because people think too much about them and thus they are too scared to approach. Just play to have fun and you'll win even if this matchup thingy isn't in your favor. Oh, and Bowsercides are always there to even the odds if the player knows when to strike. :p

Pardon me if this came out offencive to you in any way because that is not my intention. :)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I understand perfectly what you're trying to say but you're wrong about that a Bowser player is screwed against someone like Meta Knight. In fact, I have plenty of online friends who likes going with MK and I can still beat them with Bowser. As long as you don't think of tiers I find it easier to play because people think too much about them and thus they are too scared to approach. Just play to have fun and you'll win even if this matchup thingy isn't in your favor. Oh, and Bowsercides are always there to even the odds if the player knows when to strike. :p

Pardon me if this came out offencive to you in any way because that is not my intention. :)
If you understand what I'm trying to say, then you wouldn't be responding saying your friends. Go back, read my post, and watch that video I posted, because clearly you didn't read everything I said. Bowsercide is bad, and doesn't work if your opponent knows how to DI.

To anybody else that mentions having fun as the reason they use bowser, feel free to. Nobody is stoping you from doing that. Just don't try and say bowser is actually good and can do well vs god tier characters. Smashboards is also a forum about discussing the competitive nature of smash.

QFT. I'll respond with this quote all the time now.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I are pointless topic.

It's ok folks nothing to see here.
We should get a mod to clean up trolls like this.

As for the subject, theorycraft is a lousy way to generate a tier list.

So the CURRENT best Bowser player would lose to the current best MK player? There was a time in Melee where the current best Marth player would've lost to the current best Shiek player, but then Ken unlocked Marth's true potential.

I don't know what untapped potential Bowser may or may not have, but there's no sense telling everyone to ditch the character.

If that's the case, why have the Bowser board at all?

degypr

Smash Cadet
If you understand what I'm trying to say, then you wouldn't be responding saying your friends. Go back, read my post, and watch that video I posted, because clearly you didn't read everything I said. Bowsercide is bad, and doesn't work if your opponent knows how to DI.
Yeah... so friends can't be good at a game, not even if they are online ones? That's a new one. That means that all gamers who have friends are worthless, right?

I did read the post and I've watched that video before you posted the link. And yes, I know that DI can put a stick in the wheels for a Bowsercide but you have to mindgame to make the most out of it. For instance, if the MK, Pit, Mario whatever is knocked out from the stage I usually jump after them, airdodge, jump a second time and then go for a Bowsercide. Just an example. Be tricky with it and even if you can't suicide with it it still has good knockback, deals 18%, and comes out fairly unoticeable.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
if a, say, snake player is at the same skill as a bowser player, the snake will win. To be good with lower tier characters such as bowser, you need to have ALOT more skill than other players.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think there are a lot of arguments in the Bowser boards because there are so many Bowsers. As we all know, Bowser is a ruthless tyrant, so it makes sense to how he would act towards others, especially evil, and Bowser doesnt like evil competition.
It makes me wish that I was Pit more, so I wouldnt have as much arguments as Bowser would, and I'd be an angel :laugh:

Ok i was off topic. For the ppl who really determines who wins by tier is wrong. Bowser can beat any character no matter how high of a tier they are in.
I lose to more Sonics than I lose to G&Ws mainly because I hate fighting speed, and that annoying hedgehog is a LOWER Tier than Bowser. You rotton hedgehog...
It pretty much depends on the Bowser player. Different Bowsers adapt better against certain chars, like me against Ikes...
In addition, Different Bowsers who had much experience against a certain character, like me against Ike... would be more familar with that char's moves and techniques, and would be more aware of what they can do, giving them an ideal on what the player might do, but of course, each player is different from others.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why so serious?
Good use of the quote.

And look I respect that you're going to try and win but you also have to come to terms with the tier list. In melee I played Bowser and I managed to establish myself as one of the best if not the best bowsers on the east coast. I beat many power ranked players had close sets with the likes of PC and Cort and did everything in my power to establish myself.

However To start placing high, I picked up secondary's and tertiaries because Bowser is just plain bad. It wasn't me as a player it was my characters limitations. Sorry to tell you that Tier's exist and that the higher tier always has the better chance of winning a ta even skill level or hell at a tournament, I'm not talking a whornado spammer, I'm talking a metaknight that can abuse its tilts and lighting fast aerials to out space everything you try to do.

Thats why I tell you that competence top tiers CAN AND WILL **** your low-tiers because they are simply better.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Good use of the quote.

And look I respect that you're going to try and win but you also have to come to terms with the tier list. In melee I played Bowser and I managed to establish myself as one of the best if not the best bowsers on the east coast. I beat many power ranked players had close sets with the likes of PC and Cort and did everything in my power to establish myself.

However To start placing high, I picked up secondary's and tertiaries because Bowser is just plain bad. It wasn't me as a player it was my characters limitations. Sorry to tell you that Tier's exist and that the higher tier always has the better chance of winning a ta even skill level or hell at a tournament, I'm not talking a whornado spammer, I'm talking a metaknight that can abuse its tilts and lighting fast aerials to out space everything you try to do.

Thats why I tell you that competence top tiers CAN AND WILL **** your low-tiers because they are simply better.
Good movie you have to see it (if you haven't already) seen it 3times and I still love it!!

Back on subject:
I understand the tier list very well and I know that Bowser is trash but it won't stop me from playing him. Besides if no one plays the low tier characters how will people ever discover the potential they may hold?

Now I'm not playing Bowser just to discover a potential in him that we may not know of yet I play him because he's the funniest character in the game (to me).

and I could go on and on but to be honest I'm tired of writing at the moment :laugh:

Long story short, Bowser has more downs and ups but the players who are competitive Bowser players will continue to find ways around his downs and seeing I'm one of those players I'm not going to give up on the other Bowser mainers just because a list says we lose to 99% of the character cast.

I've beaten tough players using Bowser's worst match up and I've lost to them but beaten them showed me that Bowser can win it'll just take a lot of practice to do so and thats what I and other competitive Bowser mainers will do.

Admiral Bowser
I can see you've grown a big time love to Pit. Maybe you should change your name to Admiral Pit. :laugh:

Top Bottom