• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Good...

Q-Bert4

Smash Rookie
So I'm relatively new to the competitive smash scene and have gone to a few tournaments. But I'm just bad, I'm really awful, I can't make any progress and if anything I think I've actually gotten worse. I started as a Mario main and I did fairly well but I felt I was hitting the limitations of that character and as such switched to the Cap. Is it just something I'm not getting? I feel any input would be greatly appreciated, because its something that is seriously bothering me.

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
So I'm relatively new to the competitive smash scene and have gone to a few tournaments. But I'm just bad, I'm really awful, I can't make any progress and if anything I think I've actually gotten worse. I started as a Mario main and I did fairly well but I felt I was hitting the limitations of that character and as such switched to the Cap. Is it just something I'm not getting? I feel any input would be greatly appreciated, because its something that is seriously bothering me.
I nor anyone can really give you any "input" if there are no specifics that you have given us on how you play the game, or what in particular you don't seem to understand. The only response I can give to "I'm bad" (your statement) is the equally vague "git gud", and that wouldn't help anyone, now would it?

So is there any line you can toss us here on the Falcon Boards about what limitations or problems you seem to be experiencing?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Pls get video of yourself. I just started watching videos of myself (you can post them here to have people help you if you're new/confused what to improve on) and it's helped a ton

Top Bottom