• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No future balance patches planned

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
What is wrong with Eventhubs? But RIP P A T C H B O Y Z. I was hoping for continued support lol idk what this means for the future.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Well, unplanned may not mean never happening. DLC was not planned and Mewtwo is coming soon.
True Sakurai goes back on what he says alot but he might wanna move on with life lol. This game is still pretty balanced compared to other smash games continued patch support would keep me playing longer unsure of how long now.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
No Sakurai, Marth needs a buff before you stop balancing.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
man and I was getting exited by the idea of smash getting updates as well. Well better get to work so we can figure out how to get good with the other characters so we can shove diddy out of top spot.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Better that we know now as opposed to forever waiting for something that would never happen. All things considered, this is probably the most balanced iteration of Smash anyhow.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I'm fine with this. 1.0.4. did more harm than good.
It isn't that 1.0.4 Made Diddy a monster, it was always one. It's simply that Diddy was ignored in place of other top tiers like Rosalina, ZSS Shiek, and Greninja, AKA the overused. Then Diddy is ignored due to not seemingly being good, and now people realize it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It isn't that 1.0.4 Made Diddy a monster, it was always one. It's simply that Diddy was ignored in place of other top tiers like Rosalina, ZSS Shiek, and Greninja, AKA the overused. Then Diddy is ignored due to not seemingly being good, and now people realize it.
That's not what I was referring to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
3DS patch 1.0.4 already messed up Rosalina's potential when she never really needed any nerfs outside of the Luma respawn time. Knowing that no more balance patches are being planned will at least give her some breathing room.

On an additional note, because no new balance patches are planned, any replays that we've saved after 3DS update 1.0.4 and Wii U update 1.0.1 will probably survive until further notice.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well he could be stopping updates for the 3ds

And doing wii u updates (the only patch known for the wii u is the mewtwo and miiverse stage and tourny mode for both online and offline)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

And doing wii u updates (the only patch known for the wii u is the mewtwo and miiverse stage and tourny mode for both online and offline)
I doubt that Smash 3DS will be forgotten. Any changes that Smash Wii U faces will likely apply to Smash 3DS as well.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

Stopping updates for the majority and continuing it for the minority is never a good idea, even if the minority has a more polished game.

EDIT: Godammit :4greninja:'d by seconds.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

No, it'll be for both. Both games will play the same, and the character list will clearly be the same. Any balance changes to the cast will always be intertwined with the 3DS version. He's pretty clear on this. And considering from what I saw just yesterday, the game is highly balanced as it is now and every character is actually pretty good in their own right. The tier gaps are ridiculously small, somewhere close to as it was on the first game. Which wasn't high to begin with. Nobody is honestly terrible like in Melee or Brawl. I saw a freaking amazing Zelda who outright destroyed a Link(even if he was not a good Link since he didn't bother with projectiles... and while a legitimate playstyle, it's hampering since keeping the opponent's damage increasing steadily while keeping them away is kind of needed to win in this game if you don't have extreme power like Ganondorf or Bowser(and others)), she did highly well against others like Marth as well).

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I still feel that Diddy, Shiek, and Lucario are kinda silly while Mii Swordfighter, all the zelda characters, and Wii Fit Trainer leave a bit to be desired. At least they aren't Brawl Meta Knight silly or Melee Kirby bad so I guess I can wait and not be disappointed if balance tuning doesn't happen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That sucks and sorta diminish my interest in playing the game for years. :/

I wish they would release patches in a regular basis, kind of like Valve does to Dota 2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
D Throw U Air combo's will keep excisting baby!

genesis_SOC

Smash Cadet
NNID
genesis_SOC

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
If we take this translation as correct: "If we were to do something like tweak characters' customized special moves, then there'd be no end to it."

I wonder if he means that as in "we could probably tweak the statistics for ever and ever and I don't want to open up that wormhole" or "there'd be no end to the fan reactions" or something of that nature? I'm presuming the former.

In my dream world, Nintendo of America opened up some sort of communication between a selected few in the community and the dev team, to present some purposed balance changes to characters. Oh well...

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
It feels kind of obvious that they have to check Mewtwo up when he's released so I'm not quite sure about this statement from Sakurai (if it now really is what he said.)

genesis_SOC

Smash Cadet
NNID
genesis_SOC
Just release a balance patch once every 8 months for the entire game's lifecycle. It would eventually reach a point where only minor changes would be necessary.

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
As much as i wanted WFT buffs this is sad. Her range is bad and that was the only buff i wanted. She could keep the lag on smashes but i dont want to whiff when i get a good read. Im hoping Mewtwo comes with something to adjust him with the rest of the cast

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai has gone on record saying he doesn't like to constantly update games. The Wii U version is the normal final version. I understand his point here, and agree. Waiting to see if any truly broken stuff comes up again and then fix it is fine. The game is not very unbalanced at all. The characters are all so far pretty viable, which is nice. We have a lot to go, but now that we have a more or less "final build", we can keep working the metagame and figure out if any truly broken stuff occurs. Or semi-broken depending who you ask.

Top Bottom