• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North No Friendlies 2 - Presented by Oswego County Smash

No Friendlies 2 - Presented by Oswego County Smash
Posted by ssbm_Bag
United Association of Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 73
Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ssbm_Bag

Smash Rookie
The second installment of the Oswego County Smash tournament series, No Friendlies, is here.
Bigger, and better than ever.
GET HYPE.
(Details below)

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
There are SIX events in total, and each player is limited to entering FOUR events.
We at Oswego County Smash are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused, but this is necessary for a smooth tournament experience for everybody.

Pre-Registration:
http://goo.gl/forms/Q7aVo3WDfJ

Oswego County Smash Facebook Group

tinyurl.com/OCSmash

Facebook Event Page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1697277000516251/

EVENT LIST:
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Crew Battles
Project: M Singles
Smash 4 Singles
Smash 4 Doubles

ADDRESS:
United Association of Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 73
705 East Seneca St.
Oswego, NY 13126

SCHEDULE:
Registration 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Smash 4 dubs/Melee Crews begins – 12:30 PM
Smash 4/PM Singles begins – 1:30 PM
Melee doubles begins – 2:30 PM
Melee Singles begins – 3:30 PM

ENTRY FEES:
Venue = $10 [$5 venue discount if we accept your full setup]
(setup = TV/System/Game/ALL DLC)
Singles entry for each game = $5
Doubles entry for each game = $10 [$5 per player]
Crews entry free = 15$ [$5 per player]

SETUPS:
- Setups must be brought during the first round of registration and be present for the entirety of the event.
- Only bring a setup if arriving early and staying the whole day.
- Modded Wiis with 20XX Hack Pack and 20XX Tournament Edition are not recommended, please avoid bringing them if possible.

SINGLES PAYOUTS:
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%

DOUBLES PAYOUTS:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

CREWS PAYOUTS:
1st: 65%
2nd: 35%

RULES:
* All games will be best 2/3, until top 3, which will be 3/5 time permitted

* Set Procedure: Each player will choose their character, double blind pick is available by request. Players will then strike from the starter stage list given, and play on the agreed upon stage. For each subsequent game, the winner will announce their stage ban(s), the loser of the previous game will choose the stage, the winner will chose their character, then the loser will chose their character.

* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player cannot go back to the stage he last won on in the set unless agreed

* If you are part of a crew or sub-region and do not wish to fight each other in pools (or 1st round bracket if pools do not run), please enter with a crew or region tag, such as OSW | Bag, since my region is OSW (Oswego).

*Items are set to OFF and NONE

* Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets in singles, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match. If pause is pressed by a player in singles, that player forfeits their stock. Pause is OFF in Doubles.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quits.

* If time runs out, the person with the highest number of stocks left wins. If the players have the same number of stocks when time runs out then the player with the lower % is awarded the victory. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a self-destruct move the player who initiated the move is awarded the win; otherwise the player displayed as victorious by the game is determined as the winner. The best example of this is Kirby's neutral B offstage.

* No wireless peripherals or you will face double disqualification.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii/Wii U loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise prevent the match from finishing that player will the match and may be disqualified at the Tournament Organizer's discretion.

* No excessive stalling. This is up to the judgment of the TO, but in general, stalling is considered making the game unplayable to artificially run the timer of a match (i.e. excessive infinite shino-stall, peach bomber stall, Luigi ladder, wobbling past 150%). Stalling is also banned in between games at the stage/char selection phase at discretion of TO.

* NO coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as the match finishes within the two-minute time frame between matches.

* Players are not allowed to modify the length, nor change the other rules of the set without consulting the TO, even if both players agree. Any players found to be doing this will BOTH be disqualified, and face forfeiture of prize money. This does NOT include gentleman's clause for stage selection.

* Any player entering with a misleading tag (such as a good player entering with a random tag, or a player entering using another players tag / a variation of it) without alerting the TOs will face complete disqualification, and forfeiture of prize money.

* Any players colluding or manipulating the bracket will also be disqualified and face forfeiture of prize money.

* TOs have full discretion to override or change rules as they see fit, when circumstances warrant it.

* 4 Stock, 8 Minute games

* Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64

* Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or gentleman's agreement

* Counter-pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium

*In doubles, Fountain of Dreams is replaced with Pokemon Stadium

* Each Player gets one stage ban in a 2/3 set, no bans in a 3/5 set

* 4 Stock, 8 Minute games

* Starter Stages: Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland

* Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or gentleman's agreement

* Counter-pick: All starter stages, Warioware, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Green Hill Zone

* Each Player gets two stage bans

* 4 stocks per player

* Starter Stages: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland

* Stage Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner. First strike is determined by either RPS or an agreement between both players.

* The opposing team is able to counter-pick between the starter stages and Pokemon Stadium. There are no stage bans from the other team.

* Note: Both players can skip striking and go to an agreed-upon stage.

* Crews must be three players, and if one player leaves the tournament early, the entire crew is disqualified.

* Pause is set to OFF

* Timer is set to OFF

* Coaching is legal between games (up to one minute), but during a match calls for disqualification of the entire crew.

* Both teams start with a double blind, that way the team goes in with less of a chance of a direct counterpick.

* Each player must pick a character from the beginning and continue using their character of choice. You cannot switch off between matches, or between crew battles.

*System must be updated to newest balance patch and have DLC
* 2 Stock, 6 Minute games. Doubles - 3 stock, 8 min
* Customs are set to OFF
* Players must pick a similar color to their team color in doubles
* Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield/Miiverse, Smashville, Dreamland 64, Town and City
* Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by RPS
* Counterpick Stages: Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise
* Each Player gets one stage ban in a 2/3 set, no bans in a 3/5 set

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Also, is your mom going to selling stuff again ssbm_Bag ssbm_Bag ?

Because we all know your mom is super cool and the best part of nofriendlies1

SaltySoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
SoulDialga
3DS FC
4012-5090-3224
Um, I don't see the Smash 4 ruleset anywhere. Just sayin'.

Either way, sounds hype! Maybe I'll actually attend it.

Joseph Powers

Smash Rookie
Can I bring use my Wii U Pro Controller? I don't have a Gamecube Controller or the adapter.

If so, I'll plan on seeing you guys there. This'll be my tourney debut.

ssbm_Bag

Smash Rookie
Can I bring use my Wii U Pro Controller? I don't have a Gamecube Controller or the adapter.

If so, I'll plan on seeing you guys there. This'll be my tourney debut.
Pro controller is allowed! GameCube, WiiU gamepad, and pro controllers are acceptable

SaltySoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
SoulDialga
3DS FC
4012-5090-3224
I got a little over 15 bucks, and I've improved, so I'm gonna try to make it for Smash 4 singles.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
You're getting Oswego on the map. Good job Bag! Can't wait to see your mom again!

Top Bottom