• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Custom Stages in Balanced Brawl??

Cableguy707

Smash Rookie
I just got done changing balanced brawl so I can access it through the homebrew channel and be able to make custom stages. however, when i made my fist stage, i could not access it through the stage select menu. I wondered if that was just a problem with balanced brawl or all hacked brawls, so i played a little bit of Brawl +, and i was amazed that i was able to use custom stages on that! is there some file that i need to play custom stages in balanced brawl? and if there is, where do i put it? Or is it not possible, because Balanced Brawl was intended to be loaded up from the stage creator?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's a problem I wish they could've fixed.

I can't see any reason they couldn't have just taken out Tournament mode or that hilarious "ROTATION" mode instead. :V

Cableguy707

Smash Rookie
I solved the problem. I combined files and folders of brawl + and Balanced Brawl until i had Balanced Brawl with custom stages (and handicap that comes with brawl +, and the unessessary choices of just being squirtle, charizard, and ivysaur, but i do like being able to start out as shiek and zero suit samus).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i do like being able to start out as shiek and zero suit samus).
You can do that in Brawl Classic. For Zamus, hold down L/R after selecting Samus, for Sheik, just click her picture on her character select portrait, the same way you choose which pokemon you want to start as.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm not sure combining Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl files are a good idea... considering you're basically playing Brawl+ (with hitstun and other stuff) but with the Balanced Brawl fixes.

The reason why Balanced Brawl has custom stages disabled is that usually the way to load it up is going to "Stage Builder" where a homebrew application (Gecko OS) appears and lets you launch Balanced Brawl. It has a side-effect, which is that unless custom stages are disabled, it'll make a BZZZZZZT type of freeze at the Stage Select Screen.

To actually fix it, I recommend going over to the Balanced Brawl thread and asking them for a way to play on custom stages while playing Balanced Brawl. :p

kookie_mayhem

Smash Rookie
It's not in the regular files or folders to fix the custom stage its in the .gct code file. It dissables the custom stage select, I'm still trying to figure out which part of the code that is. I open it in text but it just gives me unknown codes: with alot of codes to look at.

Top Bottom