• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

In a Mother trilogy remake, maybe they could just put money in random places throughout the games, and they could be visible like little money bills (all this along with keeping the mechanic of beating up enemies for money though of course).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
In a Mother trilogy remake, maybe they could just put money in random places throughout the games, and they could be visible like little money bills (all this along with keeping the mechanic of beating up enemies for money though of course).
Like ToeJam & Earl?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Like who?
Aw man, you don't know ToeJam & Earl?

I... I can't even begin to explain it. It's a roguelike action adventure game for the Genesis in which you play as two hip hop aliens who land on bizarro Earth. They find money (well, munny) on the ground in the form of crumpled dollar bills.

It's super weird and I love it.

D

Deleted member

Aw man, you don't know ToeJam & Earl?

I... I can't even begin to explain it. It's a roguelike action adventure game for the Genesis in which you play as two hip hop aliens who land on bizarro Earth. They find money (well, munny) on the ground in the form of crumpled dollar bills.

It's super weird and I love it.
Ah, okay. That is a funnily weird story. And what kind of a name is ToeJam!?

But, in that case, yes, like ToeJam and Earl :laugh:

D

Deleted member

(Double post, sorry)

In a Mother trilogy remake, I think a separation of key items and regular items would be very convenient. For example, in a Mother 1 remake, you would have two separate inventories - one for key items like GGF's Diary and the keys like the Basement Key and the Ghost Key - and the regular inventory for things like healing and battle items.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Exactly my thoughts.

Actually, wait, I just thought of something....

you guys know how Link in the LoZ:LA remake looks like a Mother character?

So, Ninten will be revealed for DLC....with LoZ:LA Link as his echo fighter!
I dont think that could work or would happen. Maybe he will be revealed with a mother announcement?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
(Double post, sorry)

In a Mother trilogy remake, I think a separation of key items and regular items would be very convenient. For example, in a Mother 1 remake, you would have two separate inventories - one for key items like GGF's Diary and the keys like the Basement Key and the Ghost Key - and the regular inventory for things like healing and battle items.
That would be a really great idea, and since I don't mind them casualizing the game, I would not mind having every party member's inventory with an extra one for key items. That would be really helpful.
Also, I would not mind if they made the inventories a bit bigger, cuz let's face it, the inventories in MOTHER are a bit tiny and with so many items it would be nice to have more item slots. This would specially help Lloyd.

Heck, at least increase Lloyd's inventory quiet a bit while keeping everyone else either the same or just slightly improved. Since he's the item guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dont think that could work or would happen. Maybe he will be revealed with a mother announcement?
Oh, I was joking lol

That was be a really great idea, and since I don't mind them casualizing the game, I would not mind having every party member's inventory with an extra one for key items. That would be really helpful.
Also, I would not mind if they made the inventories a bit bigger, cuz let's face it, the inventories in MOTHER are a bit tiny and with so many items it would be nice to have more item slots. This would specially help Lloyd.

Heck, at least increase Lloyd's inventory quiet a bit while keeping everyone else either the same or just slightly improved. Since he's the item guy.
I agree with this. The characters in Mother 1 (and Earthbound too I feel, I think Mother 3's inventory is perfect) should have a larger inventory, and characters like Loid and Jeff should have extra room for their bottle rockets and bombs.

On a side note, just was Endgame today, and it was awesome! It felt so good that it didn't get spoiled for me lol, but I'm sad that this part of Marvel is done :(

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
That would be a really great idea, and since I don't mind them casualizing the game, I would not mind having every party member's inventory with an extra one for key items. That would be really helpful.

The small inventory size is actually one of my favorite things about the Mother games. I'd even go so far as to say I thought Mother 3's inventories were too big (it's so easy to just stash up on absurd amounts of heals, bash through all the encounters, than blast the bosses to oblivion with PK death in the later chapters). I've never played a game where I had to do so much cost-benefit analysis, and the process of keeping only the most essential items is something I very much enjoy. I recognize it's not for everyone, but I don't think it needs to be.
I rarely found myself needing more space for Loid. His best items (outside the super bomb, for obvious reasons) are all reusable. Healing items are good early on, but once you pick up a PSI stone they are much less important. Then it becomes a game of managing all your crumb trails (speaking of the crumb trails, more rpgs need to implement that mechanic).

D

Deleted member

I have no clue why i thought you were serious lol
Nah, it's alright, it happens to everyone at least once lol.

But, along with a Mother trilogy remake potentially having more item slots and key items and regular items being split into different inventories, I think it'd also be convenient if, in Earthbound and Mother 3, any equipped items disappear from your inventory and just go straight to equips, like in Mother 1.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Ah, okay. That is a funnily weird story. And what kind of a name is ToeJam!?

But, in that case, yes, like ToeJam and Earl :laugh:
Ain't ToeJam and Earl getting a new game this year? I like seeing retro franchises like Battletoads get a new game.

Also, what's up guys? Haven't been here in a while, how are you guys doing?

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Ain't ToeJam and Earl getting a new game this year? I like seeing retro franchises like Battletoads get a new game.

Haven't been here in a while either (school sucks ass) but I've been doing fine!

D

Deleted member

Haven't been here in a while either (school sucks ***) but I've been doing fine!
I've been doing awesome, and, I saw Endgame, and it was also awesome. Glad to see you two back! :)

It did get a new game and it is awesome.
It will come to Switch and ToeJam and Earl will be revealed for Smash.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

I've been doin' great myself! Been busy myself along with everyone else with life stuff. But never truly gone from this thread! <3

D

Deleted member

Aw man it's too late to say May the 4th be with you.

So, late May the 4th be with y'all!

D

Deleted member

Thankfully, I'm also alive. I need confirmation. Is everyone else alive!???

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Then in that case, I am 89% alive because oh boy I hate school and work with a passion.
I'm trying, but living in the midwestern USA this time of year sucks. I'm currently cowering in my basement because tornadoes :')

D

Deleted member

I'm trying, but living in the midwestern USA this time of year sucks. I'm currently cowering in my basement because tornadoes :')
Well good luck friend. Summer is always here and it's the only thing getting me through the year lmao.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Well good luck friend. Summer is always here and it's the only thing getting me through the year lmao.
I think the warning is done now? We'll just have to wait and see but I think I'm in the clear for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

I think the warning is done now? We'll just have to wait and see but I think I'm in the clear for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stay safe though :)

Oh and remember when The Kraken would attack with tornadoes in Earthbound? The way to get past that is food and life noodles!

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Stay safe though :)

Oh and remember when The Kraken would attack with tornadoes in Earthbound? The way to get past that is food and life noodles!
Yep, we've got plenty of that in the basement! I'm still not entirely convinced it's over but my dad is saying that it's fine for now so who knows. I get really hecking paranoid over this kind of thing because tornadoes are spooky

D

Deleted member

Yep, we've got plenty of that in the basement! I'm still not entirely convinced it's over but my dad is saying that it's fine for now so who knows. I get really hecking paranoid over this kind of thing because tornadoes are spooky
They are. And I get paranoid over things too much as well, whether it be tornadoes or other things like realistic horror/thriller movies lol.

But I hope it stops and that everything is alright.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
They are. And I get paranoid over things too much as well, whether it be tornadoes or other things like realistic horror/thriller movies lol.

But I hope it stops and that everything is alright.
I think it's been reduced to a severe thunderstorm warning so that's good I guess. Still thundering like crazy atm though

lowkey hope they cancel school

D

Deleted member

I think it's been reduced to a severe thunderstorm warning so that's good I guess. Still thundering like crazy atm though

lowkey hope they cancel school
Alright, that's good lol.

I hope every day that school is cancelled lmao. And, if it's a condition like this, I hope twice as much that it's cancelled.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Alright, that's good lol.

I hope every day that school is cancelled lmao. And, if it's a condition like this, I hope twice as much that it's cancelled.
I know right. If you can cancel school for ice on the roads that people put salt on literally immediately after it comes, then you can cancel school for one of the most destructive forces of nature.

D

Deleted member

I know right. If you can cancel school for ice on the roads that people put salt on literally immediately after it comes, then you can cancel school for one of the most destructive forces of nature.
When you want to like a post more than once

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yikes, stay safe. I've never seen a tornado or anything of the sort, but I'm sure I'd be hella scared. So don't be like me, is what I'm trying to say.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Thankfully, I'm also alive. I need confirmation. Is everyone else alive!???
Hello yes i am alive.
I hope the best for you! Please stay safe.

By the way, this board is the best. You guys care about each other which i cant say for alot of people who just talk. Its really amazing how you guys look out for each other. The world could use a few people like you guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom