• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South No Contest I @ Get Some Game [Melee & Project M Monthly]

No Contest I @ Get Some Game [Melee & Project M Monthly]
Posted by SoulOfSmash
Get Some Game
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Sunday, May 1, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
Frame Zero Gaming is back with our first event at Get Some Game! This is the start of a new monthly Smash series featuring Melee and Project M. We are incredibly excited and hope to see you there, more information can be found below!

Schedule:
2:00-Doors Open
3:00-Melee Singles Bracket Starts
4:30-Project M Singles Bracket Starts
6:00-Side Event Bracket Starts
12:00-Event Ends & Store Closes

Get Some Game
Get Some Game is Charlotte's premier source for all your card game needs from Magic the Gathering to Cardfight Vanguard and everything in between. They also have an excellent selection of board games, Gundams, anime imports, and much more. They host events nearly every day of the week for card,tabletop and board games, even LARPing which you can find on their calendar. Click the image above to go to their website to check out more from them!

Frame Zero Gaming:
FZG is here to bring you quality content at our events and others across the region. Melee and Project M will be streamed, recorded, and uploaded for your viewing pleasure along with certain side events. Click the Hitbox logo to go to our channel there where you can drop us a follow and be notified whenever we start streaming. Click the FZG logo to be taken to our YouTube channel where you can find all our VODs from past events. Then click the NCPM logo to be linked to the NC Project M Facebook page where you can find more events around the state, check out the Power Rankings, discuss Project M with others, ect.

Money Stuff:
Venue Fee: $5
-All proceeds go directly to Get Some Game and Frame Zero Gaming to help improve our gaming experience and the store.

Event Fee: $5 per tournament entry
-$5 will go into the pot for each event you enter.

Side Event: $3 per tournament entry
-Almost all side events will be $3 from now on so more people can have access to these fun tournaments. Payouts will be winner take all for <10 entrants, top 2 payout for >10, and normal payouts for >20.

Payouts: Depending on the entrants for the event, percentages of the pot will be broken up accordingly.

<40
-1st-55%
-2nd-30%
-3rd-15%

>40
-1st-50%
-2nd-30%
-3rd-15%
-4th-5%

Project M Ruleset:

For everything except the stage selection we use the Apex 2014 ruleset, including character selection and stage striking. Since the Apex site no longer has the rules up here's a link if you are unfamiliar: PROJECT M RULESET

Project M Stage List:
At No Contest we are going to be experimenting with a new 8 stage list. The best aspects of this is it removes basically every controversial stage from the list and provides a solid balance of small medium and large stages, blast zones and stage sizes included. Subject to change!

Green-Starter/Neutral Stages: 1-2-1 Starter Striking
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1.
-Green Hill Zone
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Smashville
-Battlefield
-Dreamland 64

Yellow-Counter Pick Stages: 2 Counter-Pick Bans
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete.
-Fountain of Dreams
-Final Destination
-Warioland (Singles only)
-Delfino Secret (Doubles only)

Red-Banned Stages
This should be self explanatory.
-Everything on Page 2
However, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you loose on Rainbow Cruise and you agreed to it.

Melee Ruleset:
Melee functions off the Apex ruleset. I have no problem with this and never will consider any changes. Here's a link to the rules if you are unfamiliar: MELEE RULESET

Melee Stage List
There is no changes and I don't foresee there ever being any.

Starters/Neutrals:
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Yoshi’s Story
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land
-Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
-Pokemon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counterpick:
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete
-Pokemon Stadium (Singles only)

Banned Stages
This should be self explanatory.
-Don't feel like typing them all so let's just say everything else
However, again, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you loose on Poke Floats and you agreed to it.

Final Words:
If you are in the Charlotte area, or even the Carolinas in general, come on out, have some fun, and enjoy playing some smash. If anyone was there and wants to give me any constructive criticism please let me know. I am all ears and I want to make these tournaments the best possible experience for you guys.

If you have any questions or need any information feel free to messages me on Smashboards or Frame Zero Gaming's Facebook page. Thanks everybody!

Top Bottom