• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No alternate costumes..

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
So far, Pikachu seems to be the only extent that "true" altnerate costumes are included (by "true," I mean costumes that actually use a different model or addon, instead of a simple color change). The videos have shown Pikachu to be wearing the red Pokemon Trainer-style hat and Pichu's blue goggles. That's about as far as I see alternate costumes going, everything else will most-likely be a simple color change such as Fire Mario, "Daisy," and Dark Link.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Those are the sort of changes that are pretty cool. I think a lot of people were hoping to see Link in the magic or Zora armour as alt. costumes. Not to make them alt. characters, just different versions of themselves, rather than having more clones. But I suppose you can find a support thread for just about anyone now so have to tread lightly. I don't think that two similar characters sharing a slot is sloppy at all. For instance, having Fox and the grey Fox (presumably Wolf) would be excellent if they gave wolf his voice. The character is still the same in pretty much everyway, and there are still plenty of spaces. the only people left unhappy would be the Wolf for Brawl group, who were hoping for him to be his own. It's really up and down the argument. they were always going to have the colour changes, they are required for team, at least red blue and green are.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE the idea of unlockable outfits. So cool. That would give you more enocuragement to play heaps as every character! It would be a nice litle thing to add in. And for all those who don't like it, they don't have to search for them. Though I guess most people who dont want something in brawl are the ones who are eager to unlock everything. Ah well, fickle little thing. There is no way that everyone will enjoy everything in the game...

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
When i saw that Mario kept fludd out i was very suspicious but then i saw that after a little bit it vanishes and i thought that they could make a Fludd Mario alt costume where mario keeps fludd on his back but DOES NOT use him only when he does that attack. Then i thought that sonic could have a super sonic alt costume where his spikes go up and he is gold but he would have the same moves.

So i think alt costumes would be a great edition and maybe you could collect them like trophies how a bout 2 alts per character?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
For those who seem worried that the green Mario outfit might mean danger for Luigi: it doesn't. Mario just needs a "green team" costume....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
al bino DK! and a blue goggled pikachu!
yes, dark link ownz.
also, there are still the many color variations of yoshi.
(green, pink, light blue, yellow...)

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
it is just a demo though, so it's possible there will be alt costumes and they just chose not to show that. Link does supposedly have a dark Link costume in the demo.
It is just a demo so things are subject to change. Notice Pit grabbed a smash ball twice, but wait sakurai said it can only be used once per match....Change in gameplay or just something demo only?
Sakurai never said that... it was only interpreted like that. Check the Japanese website, it's a lot clearer there.

Zek

Smash Ace
There are some cool new colors for a handful of characters, but with a handful of exceptions they're not much different than what Melee had. I was a little disappointed to find out there are no real alt. costumes, like Dr. Mario. Maybe it was a little too much to expect them to make a whole set of new models for each character, but it would have been nice to have stuff like Falco as a Fox skin or Ness as a Lucas skin. I guess they could be unlockables or not in the demo, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, Pikachu got the goggles as his blue color, but he lost the wizard hat :mad:

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
I thought there were alt. costumes, I think there is to an extent. Samus has her fusion suit and Link has his dark Link costume, aren't those considered alt. costumes?

Duality

Smash Journeyman
It's still a demo, I still believe they will have alt costumes on most if not all characters.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
This.

Plus, there's still 4 months 'till launch..they can still add alt costumes.

Remember, what they have right now is a DEMO (i.e. not by any means a final version of the game/characters).

My guess is that they're trying to polish important parts of gameplay before they give it the final touches (icing in the cake if you may) with alt costumes, colors, etc.
I agree!!!

For those who seem worried that the green Mario outfit might mean danger for Luigi: it doesn't. Mario just needs a "green team" costume....
Yes and Mario had Luigis costume in Super Smash Bros 64.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
For one thing, Mario has Wario colours, as well.

For another... Peach has Daisy colours, but doesn't look like Daisy... so I guess we won't see a Daisy alt, and considering that's the most obvious alt for Peach, hopes for alt costumes don't look too good.

Still... nothing disconfirmed as of yet.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think Alt. costumes should be unlockables

Link:
Zorro armor
Magic armor

Samus:
Phazon suit
Fusion suit
Power suit

the stuff like that i think should be unlockable

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Instead of starting a whole new thread, I'll post here.

I went through all the videos on the first page of "OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY VID TOPIC! **New E-4-All Videos**", and tried to find all the color swaps in screen cap them and show you guys what's out there in terms of videos, and what I was able to grab from the YouTube videos. The quality blows hardcore on most of them, but it should give you a good idea of what's out there.

Mario: In one of the first videos, someone cycled through all his costumes.

Yoshi: Same goes for Yoshi, we have all his costumes.

Meta Knight: I'm certain everyone has 6 costumes, but once everyone hits the blue mask, they stop cycling.

Sonic: It's impossible to tell in these screen caps, better to see in the video, but his bracelets change color.

Ike:

Pikachu: Nothing too clear, but we can see the Trainer's Cap, Green Bandana, and Blue Goggles. The goggles are difficult to see, but they're there.

Link: Dark Link, the red and white tunic. I did see a blue tunic in the videos, but it was impossible to capture.

Pit: There are rumored other colors, but this was all I could find.

Peach
: Her red dress and her Daisy color swap.

DK: Albino DK.

Bowser: Golden Bowser, or is it black/white? I couldn't really tell, but that's the only different Bowser I could find.

Samus: The Zamus that turned into the Fusion Suit recolor. It's unknown if Zamus changes along with recolors, but I'm sure she does. Again, horrible quality.

Fox: The Wolf-a-like from the video which states that it is indeed Wolf. I'll leave it up to you. There may be video of the green alt, it's hard to tell the difference.

No sight of Dixie Diddy, or any Diddy for that matter, or the other colors stated by Japanese Monk in post 21 of Official E for All Firsthand Impressions Thread. If you can find them in the videos, take a screen cap and post them!

Everyone must have six costumes, regular (which represents a color), along with red, green, blue, for sure. I think it's safe to say everyone now has a yellow/gold recolor, along with a dark/black color. I get thrown off in the 6th color category. Is it pink or white? Yoshi has a pink and Diddy has Dixie Pink. But other characters have white instead of pink, like Mario's Fire Flower outfit. Maybe white and pink are in the same category? Yoshi's turquoise/light blue throws me off, too.

We'll find out February 10th, I guess!

EDIT: Yoshi's "blue" must be his turquoise color, and his "dark" must be the dark blue with red bumps.

So each character has red, green, blue, yellow, dark, and white/pink?.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Nice job on finding those pics. I think a lot more stuff will be included prior to launch like....
*fingers crossed* Fierce Deity outfit. (Zorro would be kick *** too)

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Nice find with the pics, it's really hard to tell some of the colors in the videos (especially Sonic since it only appears to change his shoe colors, which seems like it would make things pretty confusing).

I really like the new Green Pikachu coloration with the Male Emerald Trainer's headband, that's a pretty nice touch. I'm also happy to see Fox got a Wolf recolor, I'd rather see Wolf be a recolor for Fox than an actual fighter.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
special alternate costumes like Dr. Mario costume will most certainly be unlockable, and awesome

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
so far they have had some alts at least in a sence there\'s fire mario, dark link, dasiy, dake meta-knight (he has red eyes appearntly) so there are some differences though i would like to see actual alt costumes as unlockables.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Me too i want some unlockable costumes like

the link costumes i said

same with the samus costumes i said

Top Bottom