• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

no 2 player online option - so lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

the real silvers

Smash Rookie
yeah you and you're friend can play "friends" over the net, with 2 of you on wii.

but me and my mate can't go online together and play 2 other randoms! what's with that? isn't nintendo trying to make playing games more sociable? ****ing gay if you ask me. mariokart has the option, strikers has the option, but perhaps one of the most anticipated nintendo wii games has failed so miserably online.

lagfest
no choice of stock/time
no one on one options
no 2 players on one wii playing online at same time

very very poor. nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for that.

Sweeps

Smash Rookie
Agreed 100%

Not only the most anticipated, but possibly the best suited for online play.

What an enormous waste of potential... sad really.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It's what I've been saying. Nintendo hates hardcore audience and gives us nothing. Check this post I made not just ten or so minutes ago:

With Nintendo in control of that decision? Whether or not the online is made better?

Not a chance in hell. Nintendo's done ONE good thing, and that's the Wiispeak with the next Animal Crossing. Beyond that, they haven't done jack right. Don't get your hopes up, because all Nintendo cares about is fooling idiots into believing the Wii is actual worth something. IOW, the older people and the children who think something like Cooking Mama or Wii Sports resort is something amazing.

Sorry, but a good game, something like a newer, better version of Melee (which is not Brawl) or perhaps something amazing like a real good, online shooter will never come. Don't expect anything from Nintendo. They can't deliver. They won't deliver.

PS: I hate Nintendo with a passion. They brought me a broken Smash and AC, that's it (Smash will always be good, but face it, it was a hurried scrap).

As you can tell, I do not like Nintendo. And as the post said, online will not be fixed (yes, I actually said 'fixed').

Jetdahawk

Smash Rookie
It would have been better if they had made it more like Halo 3 is the sense that anything you can do offline, you can do online+more.

bentleet

Smash Rookie
Online Brawl = Epic Fail which is why I'm thinking about quitting online play entirely. I mean I've had my kicks on it but for the most part it's complete and utter garbage.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
Nintendo should fix the online of Brawl. Lots of lag, no customization options, and WTF is up with the Friend Code? I don't know, but Nintendo screwed up in that. The other consoles have WAY better online play, and it doesn't lag! Why can't Nintendo do that? Why do I need to type a freakin 12 digit code just to play with Friends?

As far as I'm aware of, Brawl is the only game suffering from this horrendous lag. Other games such as Mario Kart Wii play perfectly, and the Friend Codes aren't as annoying as in Brawl.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
As much as I would like it, having more options besides two minutes, it wouldn't work well really IMO. It takes long enough to find other opponents, but imagine how long it would take if you had to find people with the same options as you. But I would like to play with my friends and random people at the same time.
What they could have done is a generalized stock match option at least. Just a basic 4 stock match choice alongside the timed match. Also a 1 on 1 section, because IMO free for alls don't demonstrate any skill. Just keep using smash attacks and eventually you will hit something. Why do you think so many people play as Ike?

Brawl's lag problems come from the fact that the controls are so specific. All fighting games suffer from this problem. The reason Mario Kart Wii has such little lag is because the controls are essentially hold gas, steer, powerslide, use item. That's only four imputes at the most at the same time. Brawl on the other hand has so much complexity to what is going on frame by frame that it is slow.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
the fact that the game metroid prime hunters for the ds had a rival option makes me question why this game could not
and yes random 2 player online not being available sucks

ActionTurtle

Smash Rookie
I'm racking up damage about to smash then someone steals MY kill.

It does suck, I wish there was a 2 player option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom