• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nipple spike?

drummaniac28

Smash Cadet
The other day I was trying to figure out how the nipple spike worked, but I wasn't having very much success. I know the hitbox is Falcon's head, but I would keep hitting people and they would keep sending the opposite way that I was facing.

I was in training mode on FD with a level 3 Marth that I made jump repeatedly, and I could only get it to send in the direction I was facing once or twice. Does anyone know what I was doing wrong, and how to correctly perform the nipple spike? I think that being able to nipple spike consistently would bring Falcon to a new level than I'm currently at with him.

Crescent Monkey

Smash Apprentice
You're hitting him with the back of the hitbox, thats why moves give the reverse of normal knockback. Hit him with the front of falcon, not the back. In other words, don't jump through him and do the attack.

Werbenjagermanjensen

Smash Rookie
Look, I'm gonna tell you now: I'm not a Falcon expert, nor will I ever be. I mainly troll with him, and learn MUs. /disclaimer

But from everything I've seen over my nooby years, nipple spikes were too pinpoint to really be used in actual battle. It's good to know, but was mainly done by accident by other people, and never determined a MU. Unless someone stealth-buffed Falcon's nipple spike in P:M, which I haven't seen yet in my time with him.

As for actually doing it, pretty much what Crescent said.

Frame Data of DAir: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/File:Nipplehitbox.jpg

And: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Nipple_spike

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom