• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t get how people can think the new She-ra design looks bad or like a boy. It’s way better than the old version, way better!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Yooka-Laylee has been revealed to be the next character for Brawlout along with a stage for them.

This is your Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, guys :upsidedown:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Happy Birthday AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

When the time comes, don't hesitate. :ultwolf:

yay I know my Star Fox lore :)
Happy birthday Alpha~
Reminder I am not taking a hiatus, but I am going to be less active.

Oh well have a happy and great birthday! I am really glad it is going out great!

Here is a Top 15 Wolf combos video if you are into that stuff.
Nice! I'll take a look at their Discord.

And I'm happy my Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter goodies arrived in the mail today. It's all pretty!

And happeh berfdai AlphaSSB AlphaSSB ! :D
Happy Birthday Alpha! Glad to see that it's been good so far.
Thank-you, all!

Star Fox lore pop quiz.

What is Falco's canon reason for leaving the team before Star Fox Adventure?

And what is Falco and Katt's relationship?
In short, Falco was getting bored with the team after the Lylat Wars. After the events on Titania, where he saved his former gang members and Fox destroyed a resurrected Andross, Falco decided to "go it alone for a while".

Old friends. Katt's been interested in him, but he never felt the same way back.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I've heard that the scrapped Pokémon from the Gold demo prototype will be implemented into Pokémon Showdown in the future.

Curious how they will turn out considering they're all a bit incomplete and being Gen II.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Have a Happy Birthday AlphaSSB AlphaSSB !

___

So curiosity finally got the best of me after hearing about whatever the hell this "Baldi's Basics" thing was all over the net.

I watched some videos about it, and.......got something really surreal. Not something scary or very horror-oriented, just something really, really weird.

I can see why the Internet's taken a liking to it for the fountain of memes it's got, at least. The whole thing seems to be a parody of bad/early educational/edutainment games, and Horror games. Nothing more to it, really. Beyond the nostalgia value and memes, I don't really get the following that it's apparently got.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Have little time but want to share this, since I'm fresh from it and I'm sure you guys want to hear about it.

I played Smash Ultimate! So funny when the Nintendo staff came asking if I knew how to play, just answered: "Yeah, played 500 hours on the WiiU". I loved her face. I even played on the big stage with a commentator! That felt really special, haven't been to a tournament, so this was the closest.

I ended up picking Ike instead of Inkling in my first match because I like him way too much, and god damn he feels much better. All his aerials feel so fast, and that up-air is godlike. I tried to master the movement and the acting out of dash, but on the first match I didn't have much time, specially with the 4 player-item nonsense. Did a running f-smash though and it feels good. I ended up winning!

Next match I did pick the Inkling, and I loved her! All her moves felt really good, they all did exactly what I wanted. That double hit up-air seemed extremely good, and her edgeguard is insane. And the ink is a big issue actually, specially on 4 player madness when reloading meant death lol. But I ended up winning too, extremely fun character.

3rd march was the most interesting since it was a 1 on 1 with my cousin, so we both had a bit of time to try the tech. I used Marth and the new running mechanics are nuts with him. Dashdancing was super easy and really strong, and running u-tilt is nuts. His aerials just seem to connect, I really liked him!

Last match of the day was onstage, and I picked Ryu. Maybe it was because I was playing against Pika and Ness, but the u-tilt didn't seem to connect at all, making it rather difficult to do running u-tilt to Shoryu. I ended up doing some running d-tilts and d-smash to catch that pesky Pika (he seems so damn strong lol). The only match I lost was on the stage, feels bad lol.

And funny, after winning the third match the Nintendo staff took me away and started asking questions about the game. They asked what I liked most, and I said that I loved how fast it felt compared to WiiU. They also told me to wait for release because they are planning to add several more characters, to what I answered that a Xenoblade newcomer would be nice, and they simply chuckled (Elma confirmed guys).

That was my first day experience with Smash. Also did way more things, but wanted to write down my first impressions with the characters to make sure I didn't forget. Tomorrow I'll try to play more, but now I have to rest, I'm extremely tired hahaha.

D

Deleted member

Have little time but want to share this, since I'm fresh from it and I'm sure you guys want to hear about it.

I played Smash Ultimate! So funny when the Nintendo staff came asking if I knew how to play, just answered: "Yeah, played 500 hours on the WiiU". I loved her face. I even played on the big stage with a commentator! That felt really special, haven't been to a tournament, so this was the closest.

I ended up picking Ike instead of Inkling in my first match because I like him way too much, and god damn he feels much better. All his aerials feel so fast, and that up-air is godlike. I tried to master the movement and the acting out of dash, but on the first match I didn't have much time, specially with the 4 player-item nonsense. Did a running f-smash though and it feels good. I ended up winning!

Next match I did pick the Inkling, and I loved her! All her moves felt really good, they all did exactly what I wanted. That double hit up-air seemed extremely good, and her edgeguard is insane. And the ink is a big issue actually, specially on 4 player madness when reloading meant death lol. But I ended up winning too, extremely fun character.

3rd march was the most interesting since it was a 1 on 1 with my cousin, so we both had a bit of time to try the tech. I used Marth and the new running mechanics are nuts with him. Dashdancing was super easy and really strong, and running u-tilt is nuts. His aerials just seem to connect, I really liked him!

Last match of the day was onstage, and I picked Ryu. Maybe it was because I was playing against Pika and Ness, but the u-tilt didn't seem to connect at all, making it rather difficult to do running u-tilt to Shoryu. I ended up doing some running d-tilts and d-smash to catch that pesky Pika (he seems so damn strong lol). The only match I lost was on the stage, feels bad lol.

And funny, after winning the third match the Nintendo staff took me away and started asking questions about the game. They asked what I liked most, and I said that I loved how fast it felt compared to WiiU. They also told me to wait for release because they are planning to add several more characters, to what I answered that a Xenoblade newcomer would be nice, and they simply chuckled (Elma confirmed guys).

That was my first day experience with Smash. Also did way more things, but wanted to write down my first impressions with the characters to make sure I didn't forget. Tomorrow I'll try to play more, but now I have to rest, I'm extremely tired hahaha.
That sounds amazing! I am glad you had fun!
I would love to be in that place, playing Ultimate.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

Don't know if posted here.

But James Gunn got fired for some old tweets that were offensive.
On one hand those tweets were disgusting and Disney have every right to get rid of him over them. This is why you should be careful with what you say on social media because even decade old stuff can come back and **** you over.

But on the other, this only came to light because Gunn was very much against Trump on Twitter so some alt-right people started digging stuff up. Funny how **** and pedophilia are a problem when it isn't one of their guys.

Disney were ****ed either way. Bow to Nazis or keep Gunn on. Only the latter would largely affect their image.

Damn, didn't even let him apologize?

What were the tweets?
"Jokes" about ****, pedophilia and AIDs among others from like 10 or so years ago.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Uhh wasn't he disgruntled about being on the team and wanting to leave?

I think there was a hinted romantic relationship between the two.
Incorrect.

And, only half right.

In short, Falco was getting bored with the team after the Lylat Wars. After the events on Titania, where he saved his former gang members and Fox destroyed a resurrected Andross, Falco decided to "go it alone for a while".

Old friends. Katt's been interested in him, but he never felt the same way back.
These are the correct answers, in full.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy ****, that's surprising. I didn't look into the whole James Gunn drama, but I had heard of it. Didn't think it'd be so bad as to cause him to exit Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
The stuff he said was really bad though so I'm not surprised he's gone.

Chrono.

Dozens of "jokes" about **** and pedophilia. Like, really shocking stuff.
On one hand those tweets were disgusting and Disney have every right to get rid of him over them. This is why you should be careful with what you say on social media because even decade old stuff can come back and **** you over.

But on the other, this only came to light because Gunn was very much against Trump on Twitter so some alt-right people started digging stuff up. Funny how **** and pedophilia are a problem when it isn't one of their guys.

Disney were ****ed either way. Bow to Nazis or keep Gunn on. Only the latter would largely affect their image.

"Jokes" about ****, pedophilia and AIDs among others from like 10 or so years ago.

Yeah I ended up looking them up and that's a big OOF from me.

Definitely see why they got rid of him so quickly, but on the other end it's a shame that it only came to light because of literal nazis.

Really ****ed situation.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Seriously, though, what's up with the Unfezant in the thread title? Is there an inside joke I'm missing here?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think it’s pretty bad James Gunn got fired over something that happened 10 years ago. Clearly he’s changed since then.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it’s pretty bad James Gunn got fired over something that happened 10 years ago. Clearly he’s changed since then.
Disney and most of modern society wouldn't see it that way though so he had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom