• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So the voice of Jimmy Neutron is teasing news related to it soon.

So reboot coming or movie coming?
Jimmy ended a bit abruptly, but I felt it was good for what it was. I'm not sure how to feel about a reboot of it.

On the other hand.....

Here's the Invader Zim reboot thing.
OH MY GOD YES FINALLY!

This is gonna be freaking epic. Can't wait to see what Zim and the crew behind it has in store for us now.

Also, I'm particularly glad to see the Almighty Tallest again. Those two were among my favorite characters on the show.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh Praline, I bought Splatoon 2 today. I need to build up experience quickly before I can join any lobbies, lol. Also, I am up-to-date on MHA in the anime. Doing a top ten of my favorite females, Toga is on it. :p
Nice! I probably like Toga too much lol

Man it's raining like crazy out!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's leading to the Nick Cinematic Universe. They'll have to fight Zim.
Why was Nicktoons unite never adapted to a tv movie? Sure it be costly, but make the money back.
Here's the Invader Zim reboot thing.
Looks just like the original which is great. I have no idea what the hell is going though, but if they keep the dialog and humor the same then its going to be pretty good.
Anyone want to make LEGIT bets on what's getting a salty runback next?
At this point, I have no idea what would make it back next.

Nick has done all their super big 90s shows which are rugrats, zim, hey arnold, rocco, and thats it. Catdog and angry beavers could be revived but I find it unlikely.

Disney doesn't really have anything else in terms of revivals unless it was like Darkwing duck. Doug or Recess would be the only other possibilities there imo. Actually Kim possible is certainly possible, but there's suppose to be a live action movie of that so who knows what could happen then.

CN has plenty to offer but after TTG and PPG I'm not sure they will try it again, especially with a good and original lineup coming this following year.

You never know though. At this point anything seems on the table for a reboot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Didn't expect to see Nickelodeon suddenly shaping up again today, nor did I expect this thread to be how I learned it was. :p

Although, if there's gonna be some reboots of other old shows coming soon along with that Invader Zim movie, here's hoping they're still good. It'd be nice for newer generations to experience these shows and the characters, but I also hope they stay true enough to the originals and retain a good quality. Reboots can either be fantastic.......or total garbage, lol.

Meanwhile we still don't know if Fairly Odd Parents has really kicked the bucket or not. I really hope it has, though, sad as I am to say that.

Disney doesn't really have anything else in terms of revivals unless it was like Darkwing duck. Doug or Recess would be the only other possibilities there imo. Actually Kim possible is certainly possible, but there's suppose to be a live action movie of that so who knows what could happen then.
Darkwing Duck is supposed to have some role (beyond a cameo) in the DuckTales reboot, so there's that.

I can't imagine they'd give the character a separate reboot show, of his own, any time soon, however.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Didn't expect to see Nickelodeon suddenly shaping up again today, nor did I expect this thread to be how I learned it was. :p

Although, if there's gonna be some reboots of other old shows coming soon along with that Invader Zim movie, here's hoping they're still good. It'd be nice for newer generations to experience these shows and the characters, but I also hope they stay true enough to the originals and retain a good quality. Reboots can either be fantastic.......or total garbage, lol.

Meanwhile we still don't know if Fairly Odd Parents has really kicked the bucket or not. I really hope it has, though, sad as I am to say that.
FOP is pretty much dead, and with Butch leaving Nick + his fall from grace we can say the series will not return for sure (this of course closes the door for Danny Phantom too.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
FOP is pretty much dead, and with Butch leaving Nick + his fall from grace we can say the series will not return for sure (this of course closes the door for Danny Phantom too.)
Eh, I'm not as sure about it. It wouldn't be the first show to continue on without it's original creator, long as it's run time may be by this point. Said long run time and the show's ever decreasing quality doesn't help it's case, though.

Kinda glad that Danny Phantom ended when it did, even though the finale's reception was mixed, IIRC. Hartman definitely has had a fall from grace and I don't think I'd be particularly optimistic about how he'd handle that show now.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>edgelord

*evil painting noises*
If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...

Darkwing Duck is supposed to have some role (beyond a cameo) in the DuckTales reboot, so there's that.

I can't imagine they'd give the character a separate reboot show, of his own, any time soon, however.
Darkwing Duck could work as they now have a new established aesthetic and it's prime spin-off material. Not that they should, just that they could.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So woooo carpet in my bedroom was replaced.

I think the awkward sleep from the temporarily changed environment prior to it getting done gave me a couple of real winners of dreams over the past couple of days, LOL. Not that I can remember most of what happened in them, but I remember enough of the last one for it to be interesting.

Myself and a couple of people were tasked with infiltrating a vague evil organization by whatever means we could, with my infiltration taking up most of the dream. As it turns out, there were a lot of levels of employment in this organization, although the only job I concretely remember was to. . .go to different countries and kidnap people's Golden Retrievers. And ponies. The world map I saw at one point was also decidedly NOT a map of continents and countries that actually exist. Overall the dream did bring up an interesting concept: grunts in evil organizations sitting through briefing videos telling them about the details of their jobs.

So, I'm just. I really need to write my dreams down more often, LOL.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y’know I’d cosplay as new She-ra if 1. I wasn’t super lazy 2. Had a more feminine body

So I’m never gonna cosplay as her. lol

Chrono.

I beat Encore Mode.

It was alright. Honestly I expected some more changes, especially cause the Green Hill acts felt really different from the Mania Mode ones so for the later Zones to feel rather samey was a little bit of a let down. The palette changes were mostly great, only one I wasn't a fan of was Studiopolis. Idk man, it's just ugly. Stardust Speedway is beautiful on both acts though, easily my favorite one. I did really like the overhauled Mirage Saloon Act 1, ditching the Sky Chase angle entirely and going for a more regular stage.

The new Pinball minigame is fun, enjoyed it more than Blue Sphere for sure lol. Kinda sad you can't play it on Extras whenever.

The new Special Stages are ball busting hard, but somehow they started to get easier for me around the fourth. Or maybe I was just getting better. Sadly, as soon as I got the hang of em, I stopped finding Emerald Rings, so I only finished the game with 5 Emeralds. Curious to see how Egg Reverie is handled once I get back to that.

As for the characters, they're really fun. Might be my two favorites to use other than Sonic. Mighty's armor came through for me a lot of times, and his stomp feels satisfying to do, especially when opening paths. Ray feels underwhelming at first, but the more I used his flight the more I realized that he may have been made with speedrunning in mind. I can definitely see some folks using his flight to do some crazy stuff.

All in all, it's $5 well spent.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Holy **** that DBS manga chapter.

Kale eliminated 4 universes, wtf. Kefla is in the manga too, with Gohan poised to take her on at the end of the chapter, so the Gohan hype is there.

I do have some problems with the chapter itself, like how Cabba and Caulifla comment about that every 1000 years a demon Saiyan appears that goes on a rampage and destroys themselves due to the power they possess, yet Kale doesn't end up killing any of the opponents she eliminates. The fact that she can still calculate her moves and suppress her power enough so she doesn't kill any fodder tier characters despite clearly not having any control over her self really doesn't make sense imo.

That and Gohan deflecting a SS Kefla ki blast, but since it's Gohan I'm willing to give it a pass.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Kale eliminated 4 universes, wtf. Kefla is in the manga too, with Gohan poised to take her on at the end of the chapter, so the Gohan hype is there.

I do have some problems with the chapter itself, like how Cabba and Caulifla comment about that every 1000 years a demon Saiyan appears that goes on a rampage and destroys themselves due to the power they possess, yet Kale doesn't end up killing any of the opponents she eliminates. The fact that she can still calculate her moves and suppress her power enough so she doesn't kill any fodder tier characters despite clearly not having any control over her self really doesn't make sense imo.

That and Gohan deflecting a SS Kefla ki blast, but since it's Gohan I'm willing to give it a pass.
Those first 4 words in the spoiler tag... y’all know what I think about that!

Chrono.

I'm willing to bet Gohan gets that W here, but who knows with Toyotaro.

It seems like he's really speeding through this lol. I guess it makes sense with the manga being monthly but it's been so boring at the same time.

Whatever he does for Goku v Jiren better make up for this,

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As I'm going through Octopath Traveler, I want to ask a few questions.

Can I 100% complete this game in one playthrough? Can I go through all 8 characters stories or do I have to pick like 4 and stick with them? Since Cyrus is my main character, what's a good party set for him?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Can I 100% complete this game in one playthrough? Can I go through all 8 characters stories or do I have to pick like 4 and stick with them? Since Cyrus is my main character, what's a good party set for him?
You can beat the entire game in one playthrough.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo won't give it to me despite the game being over a decade old now so I'll give it to myself. :V

But yeah I've had the game sitting there for a while but I didn't want to bother getting a real Wii Remote and Nunchuck connected. Finally decided to do that though, and while I need to buy a PC sensor bar to make it work more conveniently, I was able to keep my Wii U powered on with the sensor bar connected and work it that way.

The game looks stunning, the model quality is pretty nice considering it's a Wii game and with a HD texture pack, 4K resolution, and some SSAA amd Anisotropic Filtering, it really pops and looks super sharp yet smooth. Motion controls work perfectly though I might need a new Nunchuck as mine is kinda worn and has a funny analogue and sometimes disconnects randomly.

Also I tried the Wii version of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon and the Wii controls are so bad, they completely ruin the game for me lol. I'll stick with the PS3 version.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
July seems to be the Nintenzone Birthday month, huh?

Well, my Birthday today has been pretty great thus far. One of my gifts was the SNES Classic Edition, which was very surprising since those things are out of stock everywhere around.

Can't wait to play the classic Star Fox and Star Fox 2!
heeeeey~ happy birthday dude~ hope ya have a nice day today ^-^
So, Yellow became the Snake Tamer.

I wanted to tame a Snake though. :v

Also,, turtles, huh. Will these ones get a thrust for human blood as well, only to die in vain, like all the other blood thrusty turtles :v
meh ya two have been trying for well over a whole season trying to tame them :V we just finally succeeded. It was constant 4% about 2 chances every day for about 25ish days, so ya :V took long enough to strike, so now we have a herd of alpacas and a snake along with the 9 of us

and meh, its not owned yet :V you can still own the snake

So woooo carpet in my bedroom was replaced.

I think the awkward sleep from the temporarily changed environment prior to it getting done gave me a couple of real winners of dreams over the past couple of days, LOL. Not that I can remember most of what happened in them, but I remember enough of the last one for it to be interesting.

Myself and a couple of people were tasked with infiltrating a vague evil organization by whatever means we could, with my infiltration taking up most of the dream. As it turns out, there were a lot of levels of employment in this organization, although the only job I concretely remember was to. . .go to different countries and kidnap people's Golden Retrievers. And ponies. The world map I saw at one point was also decidedly NOT a map of continents and countries that actually exist. Overall the dream did bring up an interesting concept: grunts in evil organizations sitting through briefing videos telling them about the details of their jobs.

So, I'm just. I really need to write my dreams down more often, LOL.
....please do lol sounds like ya had honestly like some goofy cyberpunk campaign in your dream

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All the talk about Nickelodeon's reboots and movies made me think about another old show of theirs that I used to really like.

Does anyone else here remember ChalkZone?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
heeeeey~ happy birthday dude~ hope ya have a nice day today ^-^

meh ya two have been trying for well over a whole season trying to tame them :V we just finally succeeded. It was constant 4% about 2 chances every day for about 25ish days, so ya :V took long enough to strike, so now we have a herd of alpacas and a snake along with the 9 of us

and meh, its not owned yet :V you can still own the snake

....please do lol sounds like ya had honestly like some goofy cyberpunk campaign in your dream
If people had been in uniform I'd swear my brain remembered Team grunts from Pokemon but not that Pokemon itself actually existed.

From what else I remember I just walked in, made some fake alibi about how I was a higher level employee of the evil organization that got demoted due to a screw-up, and despite my nervousness as to whether anyone would buy it everyone just kind of went with it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All the talk about Nickelodeon's reboots and movies made me think about another old show of theirs that I used to really like.

Does anyone else here remember ChalkZone?
Never forget that Rudy was the first Nickelodeon character to have two dads. :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm willing to bet Gohan gets that W here, but who knows with Toyotaro.

It seems like he's really speeding through this lol. I guess it makes sense with the manga being monthly but it's been so boring at the same time.

Whatever he does for Goku v Jiren better make up for this,
I feel like Toyotaro put himself in a mostly lose-lose situation with the end of this chapter.

If Gohan takes another L, everyone is going to be pissed. If Gohan takes the W, people are going to be pissed because it screws with the power scaling (as if base Gohan deflecting a SS Kefla ki blast didn't already do that).

The only way that people are going to be mostly okay with the outcome is if Gohan and Kefla both get eliminated simultaneously.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, this is processed now.

I did a quick little side-by-side comparison of Sonic Unleashed running on a PS3 at 720p upscaled VS being emulated in RPCS3 at 4K.

I wanted to try this as practice for future video projects when I get my professional YouTube channel up and running. Videos there will be much better edited and will use scenes where I can properly sync up the two screens in the case of comparison/performance analysis videos, and will likely have commentary.

I was also able to record PS3 footage without needing a HDMI splitter or any extra equipment, so that's handy to know. Saves me some money as I don't need to buy one.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Every time I see King's avi, I think he's Swamp...
okay glad i'm not the only one, i've mistaken him like twice now :V

If people had been in uniform I'd swear my brain remembered Team grunts from Pokemon but not that Pokemon itself actually existed.

From what else I remember I just walked in, made some fake alibi about how I was a higher level employee of the evil organization that got demoted due to a screw-up, and despite my nervousness as to whether anyone would buy it everyone just kind of went with it.
lol probably because the gurnt uniforms are so familiar

so basically....ya rolled a 2 or something low and the guards rolled a one :V at least thats what i'm seeing what happened in your dream

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
RUDY'S GOT THE CHALK!!!
Never forget that Rudy was the first Nickelodeon character to have two dads. :p
Okay good, other people remember it, haha.

The show seemed to be geared a bit more towards kids than the rest of the programs that would air alongside it, but I loved it growing up nonetheless.

I wonder how well it's aged, though. Because I can't for the life of me remember most of it's episodes, except for one where Chalkzone got erased and turned into this endless white void, or something like that.

Every time I see King's avi, I think he's Swamp...
Glad I’m not the only one.
Is it really that confusing? Eh, I guess there really aren't exactly many other users here known for having Ivysaur avatars besides Swamp, lol

I simply couldn't help but use an avatar of my favorite out of PT's three Pokemon now that he/she's back in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm concerned about missable quests and rewards like Xenoblade Chronicles and I was wondering if this game had those too
there's side quests in the game but to my knowledge they're not missable, you can complete any of them at your own pace.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

They said it is possible to finish in one playthrough. You can go through all 8. My main is cyrus too and Ive been rocking him, Therion, Ophilia (who Im about to get rid of) and Olbric and I have been doing good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom