• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Also Mythra Mythra @Blue Hunter Z or anyone who finished XC2 and XC1 just curious...
XC2 and XC1, story wise, which is better? I recently watch OJ's livestream, and after Wolfenstein 2 is a crappy game gameplay wise he said XC2 is all better than XC1, which I agreed with him minus the story, and how he explained was not too good.
Damn, I didn't know OJ Simpson now is a Vlogger

Keeping it Spoilerless:
Anyway, imo XC1 has the better story; don't get me wrong, both are great, but XC1 handled better stuff like twists and "0 to 100" moments while keeping the momentum.
Funnily enough I still prefer XC2 because it managed to press my sentimental ***** buttons.
But in an objective point of view I say XC1 without a doubt.

Now with Spoilers:
What XC1 did great is making the player feel strong with moments like these:
-Giving you a huge feeling of revenge and desire to kick butt after Fiora's apparent death
-Every time Shulk learned a new Monado Art
-Releasing the Shackles and slice Metal Face's arm with Monado 2
-Overpower Egil at Mechonis Core just to try to make peace like a wise warrior
-Shulk's return to fight the Telethia
-Make Giant Dickson your *****
-Kill Zanza with Monado 3

And then there's moments were one feels weak as hell (the first Yaldabaoth battles, Zanza's debut, etc.) to balance stuff out.
However XC2 pushed the underdog moments, resulting in less "Im strong" ones.

We only have the awakenings of Pyra, Mythra and Pneuma (with Mythra's debut being the best because she's a Goddess, no bias) and the rest of the stuff is getting your *** kicked by Jin and other Tornans in cutscenes just after beating them.

XC2 basically replaces the epicness of XC1 with a more intimate story, with clichés and common anime tropes I admit, but still well executed.

However both still manage to have great stories covering the geopolitical conflicts and the bigger picture; that is Klaus' experiment.

D

Deleted member

Isn't it funny that Blue got replaced by "Friendly Rival"? Oak didn't just forget his name, he forgot his existence, retconned it, and then put in some other kid he found in a park or something.
They didn't replace him, Let's Go is supposedly "based on" Yellow rather than a straight up remake. They even have new player characters.
I heard somewhere that Red and Blue have a different role in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They didn't replace him, Let's Go is supposedly "based on" Yellow rather than a straight up remake. They even have new player characters.
They DID replace him when every other NPC in the entire game, from Oak, to Gym Leaders and likely the E4, are app the same. I don't even get why they cut Blue when this is supposed to be a clear nostalgia cash grab.

Chrono.

If I had to guess.

Red will be the champion and Blue will be the Viridian Leader.

D

Deleted member

They DID replace him when every other NPC in the entire game, from Oak, to Gym Leaders and likely the E4, are app the same. I don't even get why they cut Blue when this is supposed to be a clear nostalgia cash grab.
If you read my entire post, you will see exactly why they "cut" Blue and that they also didn't actually cut him, but gave him a different role.
20ish years old Blue being your rival would be awkward as hell.
If I had to guess.

Red will be the champion and Blue will be the Viridian Leader.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Though I still fully expect Red to be silent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So for Steven universe fans, there is a new thing being put out at comic con in regardless to a certain diamond. Fans who attended the booth are sent a gif with White Diamonds eyes coming to life in it.

So get hype!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If you read my entire post, you will see exactly why they "cut" Blue and that they also didn't actually cut him, but gave him a different role.
20ish years old Blue being your rival would be awkward as hell.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Though I still fully expect Red to be silent.
Why is Green Blue 20 if Misty still looks 13

D

Deleted member

Why is Green Blue 20 if Misty still looks 13
I'm assuming those games take place around the same time as Sun and Moon, which would mean Red and Blue look like this:
They're clearly adults at this point.
As for why Misty still looks like she did in the original games... don't ask for consistency in Pokemon games, just don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm assuming those games take place around the same time as Sun and Moon, which would mean Red and Blue look like this:
They're clearly adults at this point.
As for why Misty still looks like she did in the original games... don't ask for consistency in Pokemon games, just don't.
I'm not asking for consistency, I'm asking for a Misty that can be bae again with getting me investigated by the FBI

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got some more cool 3DS games up and running.

The Ace Attorney games are barely recognisable as 3DS games when run in a higher native resolution like this. They could pass for like, an early PS3 JRPG game or something. I also love games with those stroke borders on the 3DS in this emulator, the borders just looks so clean.

Also have a happy Lukas.

D

Deleted member

I'm not asking for consistency, I'm asking for a Misty that can be bae again with getting me investigated by the FBI
That's fair lol.
I have to say though, I prefer the design used in the Johto games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But why would you go for Misty when Sabrina is right there?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But why would you go for Misty when Sabrina is right there?
The question is: does she has her tight bodysuit and long hair back?

Probably yes, but I dunno how that look would work with the chibi-like style of this game.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
don't worry, you never need to justify taking a break! tbh I'm only here because I'm addicted to the slowly diminishing endorphin rush from successfully fishing for likes which probably isn't healthy now that I think about it
looking at the like notifications for this post and feeling satisfied is a bit surreal

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So for Steven universe fans, there is a new thing being put out at comic con in regardless to a certain diamond. Fans who attended the booth are sent a gif with White Diamonds eyes coming to life in it.

So get hype!
Oh my God, yes!

Given all of the latest revelations in the show, I still have little idea of what to expect from White.

Though my guess is that she may have had some involvement with the corruption. If it wasn't instead a total accident on part of all three of the Diamonds, then I suspect White used her power with the full intention of turning surviving Gems into monsters rather than wipe them out, whatever her motive may be.

I always suspected that she was either a Token Good Teammate among the Diamonds, or the show's Greater-Scope Villain. The former spot seems to firmly belong to Pink, and given how Homeworld is, I don't think the former possibility is exactly likely anymore.

So some regions of the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy's official website have leaked a PC and Switch release.

It's safe to say they'll announce them at the Spyro Comic-Con panel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spyro-reignited-website-lists-pc-and-switch.56489/

Awesome! I think I know what console I'll be getting it for now. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I hope the (formerly) unfinished episodes they adapted into novels are still gonna be finished.
Pretty please Disney?
I think it's only twelve episodes so I'm not holding my breath but the Siege of Mandalore technically counts as that was in the Ahsoka novel.
I'd kill for a Dark Disciples adaptation too.

D

Deleted member

I think it's only twelve episodes so I'm not holding my breath but the Siege of Mandalore technically counts as that was in the Ahsoka novel.
I'd kill for a Dark Disciples adaptation too.

Only 12 episodes? Considering they presumably had a lot of episodes planned, that's a bit disappointing, I must say.
Still, the fact that it's coming back at all is amazing in and of itself. I'm so excited.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like SEGA took note of how popular female Wolf OCs in Sonic Forces were, because a new female wolf character is being introduced in Issue #8 of the IDW Sonic comics.

Say hello to Whisper the Wolf.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

New Spidey trailer.

Silver Sable's in here too. Miles gets involved a fair bit it seems and good ol' Norman.
Also lol Peter and Mary Jane here is basically "Go **** yourself" because that's Laura Bailey as Mary Jane and she and Yuri Lowenthal voiced the two P3 protags.

Classic Suit is looking slick.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looks like SEGA took note of how popular female Wolf OCs in Sonic Forces were, because a new female wolf character is being introduced in Issue #8 of the IDW Sonic comics.

Say hello to Whisper the Wolf.

***** that don't look like a wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom