• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly she was more of a tragic scapegoat than anything, and a victim of some really ****ed up circumstances.

IIRC she was really attractive and some guy basically chased her into the Temple of Athena and r**** (keeping the first letter for context) her, only for Athena to punish her for it, since it happened in her temple. So she curses her to become a gorgon. And the guy that did it to her? Poseidon. Then Perseus kills her.

Basically the Greek gods were all horrible people and I'm glad Kratos killed them all before going Norse. I mean I guess Hephaestus was slightly less bad, but still even he did something pretty heinous.
Last time I checked, Hades was the decent one. I mean, the only bad thing he really did was kidnap Demeter's daughter(and heck, in some cases, it was Zeus who behest him to do so). Otherwise, the only other "bad" thing he did was convince Zeus to kill one of Apollo's son who was reviving the dead continuously.
But he was pretty chill. I mean, he allowed Perseus to have his Cap of Invisibility, he was nice to Orpheus and gave him a chance to bring back his loved one, he allowed Heracles to borrow Cerberus on the condition that Cerberus was not harmed, and he even allowed Heracles to take Theseus with him even after Theseus tried to help Pirithous try to kidnap Hades' wife.

Hephaestus is a bit touchy. I mean, I wouldn't say he was slightly less bad, considering:
-He tried to **** Athena
-And he fricked over Cadmus, who in some myths was the one responsible for getting Zeus' sinews back from Typhon and was one of the more good heroes, by cursing his wife Harmonia, the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite, just because he was still ticked about Ares and Aphrodite's adultery.
Basically, in some myths, when all the gods were terrified of Typhon and Zeus lost his sinews to him, Cadmus was the one who got the sinews back to him with the help of Pan. After Zeus defeats Typhon, he is actually humble to Cadmus and confesses to kidnapping his sister who Cadmus left his home to search for. Afterwards, after Cadmus served his time to Ares for killing his dragon and Athena gave him Thebes, Zeus, Ares and Aphrodite allowed Cadmus to marry Harmonia, the daughter of the latter 2. But despite what Cadmus did for them regarding Typhon, Hephaestus made a necklace that was cursed and gave it to his wife, which in turn, gave nothing but misfortune and hell for Cadmus and his family.
I should also note that in some myths, Cadmus, after he died, was personally brought to Olympus by Ares, despite the fact that Cadmus killed his dragon earlier. One of the few times where Ares is surprisingly nice.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Venom trailer makes me physically uncomfortable.

It looks...so...bad.

Like I knew so much of what that characters does would not translate to film well but I had no idea.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Once upon a time there was a Red.

He lived in a little house in a little city and had little self-control.

One day he came upon his friends talking about sweet, delicious cinnamon rolls. That sounds wonderful, he thought, but what will I do? I have no cinnamon rolls. Perhaps I can just look around my house and see if I have other things to eat.

So he ruffled and he shuffled and he found a small cup of mashed potatoes and some instant miso soup. He ate it, and it was okay. But a few hours later he was hungry again, because a small cup of mashed potatoes and a mug of instant miso soup is not terribly filling.

And so Red went back to ruffling and shuffling. He took a look in his cabinet and found, to his surprise, a box of microwavable mug cake mixes.

"Hello there," said the mix. "Would you like to eat me?"

And then Red shut the cabinet. A little while later he'd write a story and claim it was because eating food that talked to you was unwise, but deep in his scrunched, black heart he knew it was because he was too lazy to clean another mug.

Red pondered and pondered. What was he going to do? Leave the house?

Certainly not, he was on the clock. Who knows when a ticket would come in requesting that we please, pretty please remove steamy fun times dot com dot net slash hoo boy that there's good fun times dot mp4 from the Adult category because certainly this website is harmless and in no way do you have an internet connection to verify it?

None could say. But it certainly would be any minute now. And besides, he'd have to get dressed. What a terrible thing that'd be.

And then suddenly - an idea! Red plopped down in front of his computer. If he couldn't find a suitable sweet, sugary treat, he'd have one delivered. He wandered over to place an order for Domino's.

"I don't like this plan," said Red's wallet.

"Quiet," said Red. "We just got paid."

"I don't like this plan," said the button of Red's jeans.

"Quiet," said Red. "I have another pair."

"I really don't like this plan," said Red's arteries.

"Oh stop whining, everyone, this will be great," said Red.

"DOMINO'S," grumbled Red's stomach in agreement.

And so the order was placed, and a few minutes later the Domino's man arrived with a pizza and a box of cinnamon twists.

"Nice shirt!" said the delivery man. "Four dollar tip!" said Red. "I hate you both," said Red's wallet. "Pop!" said the button of Red's jeans.

And Red lived happily for the next hour or so.

The end.
We need a movie of this :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Didn't N'Sync beat them in Celebrity Deathmatch? :confused:

IDK, it's been like forever since I watched that lol.
If they did it’s cause whoever made it was just an nsync fan and didn’t care about facts.

Nsync was basically just Justin Timberlake and 4 back up singers. BSB all 5 can sing and they are also thebest selling boy band ever.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I typed E3 instead of ESRB and the post made no sense and I still got a like. Must be more tired than I am :p

. . .Robo-girls are normally super awesome

but this girl was definitely designed by Tora's ancestor. And the ancestor is more than the 3 nopon combined. . .

Stealing the image again

:061:
NOPON'S SCIENCE IS SEKAI ICHIIIIIIIIIII.

THEY MAKE THE BEST GIRLS, WHILE ALSO MAKING THEM BROKEN AS ****.

NOPON'S SCIENCE IS THE WAY TO GO.:4iggy:

Chrono.

If they did it’s cause whoever made it was just an nsync fan and didn’t care about facts.

Nsync was basically just Justin Timberlake and 4 back up singers. BSB all 5 can sing and they are also thebest selling boy band ever.
Without breaking up too.

Only one BSB member left and he ended up coming back and still with them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Lol I was talking about Celebrity Deathmatch, the stop-motion comedy animation skits MTV used to do back in the day.

I actually Googled it and it was actually BSB VS the Beastie Boys.

For some reason SB wouldn't delete the draft from Chrono's post so i've been shown that ass like 5 times already. I GET IT SB LET ME DELETE THE DRAFT.

Talk about greek mythology on discord--->Next day it comes up on SB.

I'm going to bed so i'll just do the one thing I said then.
That's the thing I like about greek mythology.
its super ****ed up and and definitely needs to be viewed as a product of its time. . .but

it has character (and characters). the gods arent just "good and almighty." they have stories and are imperfect. Okay maybe they are too much too assholes but when you can't really have a concise narrartive when you have a ****ton of stories combinig. Not just one author.

Also Heracles > Hercules

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, the XB2 twitter released another image. But since I am not sure if the content of it is a spoiler or not. I'm just going to put in a spoiler tag to be sure.

Chapter 4 spoilers, I guess

Apparantly, grampypon lived by becoming a cyborg.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lol I was talking about Celebrity Deathmatch, the stop-motion comedy animation skits MTV used to do back in the day.

I actually Googled it and it was actually BSB VS the Beastie Boys.
Frankly I’ve never heard of that before today.

Roommate is playing Doki Doki LC with a friend through steam.

Neither has played it before, apparently. I kept my mouth shut. I wonder if ill be able to tell when something happens. Is it meam that i want to know?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Along with the entire Luis Miguel discography, this song is my guilty pleasure and the jam of 2000s me

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Along with the entire Luis Miguel discography, this song is my guilty pleasure and the jam of 2000s me
That was my jam back in the day and my jam now lol.

I remember how mysterious and cool that music video was to me as a kid. Of course back then I believed everything was real and that they were literally being chased around and pursued.

For some reason, before I had the chance to watch the music video again in recent years I always though at 2:34 the girl posing as the guy tried to kill Bryan.

Like it's one of those weird things you think you remembered as a kid but it turns out it was your mind making things up for all those years.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo, look at this!

This isn't what I expected, but it look sooooo cool in-game!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Once upon a time there was a Red.

He lived in a little house in a little city and had little self-control.

One day he came upon his friends talking about sweet, delicious cinnamon rolls. That sounds wonderful, he thought, but what will I do? I have no cinnamon rolls. Perhaps I can just look around my house and see if I have other things to eat.

So he ruffled and he shuffled and he found a small cup of mashed potatoes and some instant miso soup. He ate it, and it was okay. But a few hours later he was hungry again, because a small cup of mashed potatoes and a mug of instant miso soup is not terribly filling.

And so Red went back to ruffling and shuffling. He took a look in his cabinet and found, to his surprise, a box of microwavable mug cake mixes.

"Hello there," said the mix. "Would you like to eat me?"

And then Red shut the cabinet. A little while later he'd write a story and claim it was because eating food that talked to you was unwise, but deep in his scrunched, black heart he knew it was because he was too lazy to clean another mug.

Red pondered and pondered. What was he going to do? Leave the house?

Certainly not, he was on the clock. Who knows when a ticket would come in requesting that we please, pretty please remove steamy fun times dot com dot net slash hoo boy that there's good fun times dot mp4 from the Adult category because certainly this website is harmless and in no way do you have an internet connection to verify it?

None could say. But it certainly would be any minute now. And besides, he'd have to get dressed. What a terrible thing that'd be.

And then suddenly - an idea! Red plopped down in front of his computer. If he couldn't find a suitable sweet, sugary treat, he'd have one delivered. He wandered over to place an order for Domino's.

"I don't like this plan," said Red's wallet.

"Quiet," said Red. "We just got paid."

"I don't like this plan," said the button of Red's jeans.

"Quiet," said Red. "I have another pair."

"I really don't like this plan," said Red's arteries.

"Oh stop whining, everyone, this will be great," said Red.

"DOMINO'S," grumbled Red's stomach in agreement.

And so the order was placed, and a few minutes later the Domino's man arrived with a pizza and a box of cinnamon twists.

"Nice shirt!" said the delivery man. "Four dollar tip!" said Red. "I hate you both," said Red's wallet. "Pop!" said the button of Red's jeans.

And Red lived happily for the next hour or so.

The end.
The near perfect timing of the chanting just starting up on my Skyrim main menu just as I read "The end" added nicely to the experience.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, look at this!

This isn't what I expected, but it look sooooo cool in-game!
That's clearly the

Factory at Mor Ardain

Guess I'll wait a while to complete NG+ as that place gets filled with annoying Lv. +95 Drivers in Chapter 10

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Venom trailer makes me physically uncomfortable.

It looks...so...bad.

Like I knew so much of what that characters does would not translate to film well but I had no idea.
It's fine. It's fine. You can't pronounce "v" or "m" without lips. If somebody handed me that Venom rig and said "make him say his name," I'm sure my animation would look like a South Park Canadian, too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's clearly the

Factory at Mor Ardain

Guess I'll wait a while to complete NG+ as that place gets filled with annoying Lv. +95 Drivers in Chapter 10
Honestly, the lvl 95+ drivers aren't that much of a problem at high level. Aslong of course you don't aggro 8-10 of them at the same time

Also, quoting someone who translated their twitter account or the website (who also have been updated)

"Patch 1.4.0 will also add:

• In 2nd playthrough & beyond, you'll be able to trade for Poppi's parts with EXP at the traveling Bard
  • New sorting options
The production notes also gives tease to future updates to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. In May & beyond, those who bought the Expansion Pass will get new quests, more new blades, challenge battles, Kiwami (Extreme) difficulty mode, and more. Additionally, one of the upcoming new rare blades will have a new illustrator & Japanese voice."

You heard that right, folks, alongside the new challenge mode. A EXTREME difficulty mode will be added in the futur.

Good bye my social life.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Honestly, the lvl 95+ drivers aren't that much of a problem at high level. Aslong of course you don't aggro 8-10 of them at the same time

Also, quoting someone who translated their twitter account or the website (who also have been updated)

"Patch 1.4.0 will also add:

• In 2nd playthrough & beyond, you'll be able to trade for Poppi's parts with EXP at the traveling Bard
  • New sorting options
The production notes also gives tease to future updates to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. In May & beyond, those who bought the Expansion Pass will get new quests, more new blades, challenge battles, Kiwami (Extreme) difficulty mode, and more. Additionally, one of the upcoming new rare blades will have a new illustrator & Japanese voice."

You heard that right, folks, alongside the new challenge mode. A EXTREME difficulty mode will be added in the futur.

Good bye my social life.
They basically are just annoying flies when you are Lv. 99
But yeah, getting targeted by them is no fun + the roof, I don't like roofs :V

-"Why Masterpon is selling Poppi's arm?"
"To make beefy Urayan guy stronger"

>Extreme difficulty
Im Roc always have been, always will be hard.

Chrono.

I need to get back to XC2 NG+.

I stopped sometime in early chapter 5? Then I tried grinding for cores but got bored and went off to play other games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They basically are just annoying flies when you are Lv. 99
But yeah, getting targeted by them is no fun + the roof, I don't like roofs :V

-"Why Masterpon is selling Poppi's arm?"
"To make beefy Urayan guy stronger"

>Extreme difficulty
Im Roc always have been, always will be hard.
Speaking of Roc, god dang, I think that, with Moon Matter Chips & Core Critical Hit V, Roc as the highest critical rate possible of all blades in the game.

Even if he is more designed as a "kill the enemy early in the fight" blade due to how his skills work. It still feel good to have a blade that can critical hit almost everytime.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's fine. It's fine. You can't pronounce "v" or "m" without lips. If somebody handed me that Venom rig and said "make him say his name," I'm sure my animation would look like a South Park Canadian, too.
Not only that, but Hardy even being as talented as he is. The ''We" stuff just doesn't seem to translate well.

And the scene we see of him talking to the symbiote is so cliche and just the delivery leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe there's a good reason we've yet to seriously see this character in Spider-Man movies.

And no Topher Grace doesn't count.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Maybe there's a good reason we've yet to seriously see this character in Spider-Man movies.
This isn't even a Spider-Man movie, either. Just a rush job designed to trick the average movie goer into thinking it's a Marvel movie. The trailer even uses the same music from the Infinity War trailer.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Stats for the new heroes are out.
Believe it or not, Hinoka has almost the same stats as Brave Lyn.

37/32/35/17/29 Hinoka
35/33/35/18/28 Bow Lyn

So in other words, be ready for Firesweep Bow Hinokas.
-Shigure has nice stats that allow him to compete with Cordelia and Tana. Not to mention Shigure is now the fastest Lance user.
-Female Kana's the fastest Green Dragon.
-Male Kana is pretty balanced, not to mention he apparently has the highest BST out of all of them, including Female Kana and Shigure.
-Kaze is a Mage killer, plain and simple. He has one less stat in Speed, Defense and Resistance compared to Felicia, but he has 7 more ATK than her and comes with a Barb Shuriken+, which is a Slaying Weapon much like NY Takumi's weapon, just non-Seasonal.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay so DLC Blade 1 is Poppi Buster (yes, you understood that reference), she's tied to a sidequest and you must purchase the Expansion Pass if you wanna get her. Apparently she's usable by everyone, including Tora.

DLC Blade 2 is T-ELOS and you do not need to buy the Expansion Pass for her. Instead she's a free Blade you can unlock by having a cleared Save File. But here's the caveat, you still have to pull her from a Core Crystal. Her pull rate is "very high" according to Monolith, however.
Wait? TELOS isn't tied to the expansion pass?
Come on Monolithsoft, make our 30$ expansion pass worth something...
And no, I don't want extra cost related crystals or overdrive protocold....

Chrono.

Wait? TELOS isn't tied to the expansion pass?
Come on Monolithsoft, make our 30$ expansion pass worth something...
And no, I don't want extra cost related crystals or overdrive protocold....
T-ELOS is free, yeah.

We're still getting 2 other paid DLC Blades, which we have yet to see (T-ELOS wasn't one of the silhouettes).

Don't forget stuff like the extra chapter and new modes will be paid DLC.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

37/32/35/17/29 Hinoka
35/33/35/18/28 Bow Lyn

-Shigure has nice stats that allow him to compete with Cordelia and Tana. Not to mention Shigure is now the fastest Lance user.
-Male Kana is pretty balanced, not to mention he apparently has the highest BST out of all of them, including Female Kana and Shigure.
-Kaze is a Mage killer, plain and simple. He has one less stat in Speed, Defense and Resistance compared to Felicia, but he has 7 more ATK than her and comes with a Barb Shuriken+, which is a Slaying Weapon much like NY Takumi's weapon, just non-Seasonal.
Hinoka and kaze are looking pretty good! Both kana’s are what I expected them to be around. Shigure is better than I thought he was which isn’t bad.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

37/32/35/17/29 Hinoka
35/33/35/18/28 Bow Lyn

Yeah, Hinoka looks pretty strong. She's going to be a pain to fight in the Arena... Still, she doesn't have Sacae's blessing, so I don't think it's going to be as bad a Brave Lyn (And bows destroy Hinoka easy).

Judging by stats and skills... Who do you guys think is getting demoted, F!Kana or Shigure? Both doesn't have much going for them in the skill department to be fair, so I could see any of them going down. I'm going with F!Kana so that we can get Fierce Stance at four stars (seriously, add some stupid A skills to the four star pool IS, I'm tired of giving everyone fury). As units, Shigure seems pretty strong with that speed, but F!Kana looks like F!Corrin...

M!Kana suffers the balance stats thing, if he doesn't excel in anything then I don't think he'll be that useful, but it's nice having a free dragon. Do we know his weapon and skills?

Kaze looks great, hopefully they don't pull an Ayra and put him in a random banner. His art is fantastic, and Xander Mobus is his voice? I'm so ready, give him to me (I was expecting him to be faster because lol 85% speed growth, but I guess it's fine).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yo, that Venom actually looks pretty ****ing dope. I still think the movie could go either way, and Tom Hardy will most definitely be the reason I watch it, and I think the new trailer still leaves me wondering what the hell this movie is even about, but damn that Venom looks pretty ****in good. Just cool enough to be Venom and just enough unnatural to make him look unsettling.

Don't know if I look forward to it or not yet, most likely will wait for the reviews before I see it, but this trailer is A LOT better than the last to say the least.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"But why does Venom look like Spider-Man if in this universe Spider-Man never-"

"Shh, just go with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.