• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My personal opinion is go for Eirika's as it has the better characterization and story of the two routes. Some say Ephraim's route is better in terms of gameplay but I don't find it so.

It was a joke.
noted, I’m sure Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei would love if I took the Eiricka route to :p Do you still get to go through emprhaim’s route or do I have to create another save for that?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wow this is awesome.
And again, I still think Pearl look better in live concert than in the game.

Also... @Zeb~ Mythra Mythra @Malos @Apollo Justice @Final Smash Gamer @Yellowlord .....

I have finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ... Yet even the entire game itself.... I haven't even enter New Game +.... I am not going to... For now.

With that out of the way here is my non spoiler end game thoughts:
  • Let me just mention the elephant in the room, Xenoblade Chroncicles 2 end game... and even the end game boss was a bit disappointing for those who had played the original Xenoblade... the final boss and sequence was very good in that game. This however... as long as you surpass the boss' level a huge margin... then you technically won't have any problem. And then there's the ending... had it not for Rex's bad English VA I would have cried... he did have some good voice eventually but at the end.. still... bad...
  • As such... compare to XC... the ending wasn't as good the first... even the story in general I have to say XC1 still has the best story overall. But hold your horses, XC2 wasn't bad either, I just think that it could have been better. Also if you know XC2 was being made with only 40 developers in house, you still have to give props for the game despite not being totally better than XC1.
  • Even if the story isn't as well flesh out as XC1, I still have to say XC2 gameplay and battle system is totally better than XC1.
  • I am definitely not regret of playing this game for so long and only to complete the story until now...

So my in brief XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 FINAL THOUGHTS (non spoiler):
  • Love it, love it, love it.
  • Story: XC>XC2>XCX
  • World building: XC<XC2
  • Music: XC=XC2<XCX
  • Gameplay: XC<XC2
  • Characters: XCX<XC= XC2
  • Artstyle: XCX<XC<XC2
  • In general: XC= XC2= XCX
  • Map systems sucks... even after 1.3.1
  • Menu is mixed, E3 build was way better
  • Characters with good English VA: Malos, Jin, Morag, Poppi, Pyra (Not including her role as Mythra), Pandoria, Finch, Perceval, Dagas, KOS MOS, Newt and Tora
  • Characters with bad English VA: Rex, Nia, and Nim....
  • Character with bad Japanese VA: Azurda....
  • Tiger! Tiger! Is ok, but not ok if its the only way to upgrade Poppi... just saying.
  • Not only that, you have to get manuals to get more better parts is also absurd
  • No armor customization... which sucks...
  • Accessories the replace for that... but the fact that you can only store up to 900 accessories was also not good. And the fact that the game won't tell you your accessories is full whenever you get a new accessories is also a flaw... so you may found out the items you get from the quests might not even appear...
  • Quests are well designed, you can chose which quest to navigate is great, compare to Xenoblade... XC2 quests are more less, most are easier to obtain, and not harder than the Xenoblade's quests...
  • Most cutscenes were great but so long... glad that you have events theater...
  • Unlike XC... you can still go to any where even in some cutscenes... unless some place have been affected after some cutscenes
  • Heart to Hearts are great in XC2, not only because of cutscenes, but also the rare Blades have HtH makes it worth looking... and also change driver to see if there's any dialogue tweaks lol.
  • Blade quest are also cool inclusion... except Blade obtain quests....
This is why my final rating for this game... is a "Boy meets girl" out of 10.
XC2 is a game that is just like that... you may get everything that you want... and the girl may not be always perfect... like how Rex does you will still go all out on it.

And with Xenoblade 2's having the best sales compare to past Xenoblade titles, it is only a matter of time for the series to be the level of Fire Emblem.
View attachment 141538
470+ hours into XC2 in one go is definitely a worth while.
As such... I am going take a short hiatus on XC2 and not even entering New Game+, just think about it, I have already devote so much into this game, got most of the items, and all rare Blades... completed all of the quests and merc missions... affinity charts... Heart to Hearts.... There's absolutely no reason for me to go back and do it all over again.

I may go back once the new rare Blades are revealed... but even that isn't enough in my opinion. Perhaps until the new story and difficulty reveals...

So, what's next for me when it comes to Xenoblade 2? Share my thoughts to others who might be interested in playing this game I guess.
Here's my XC2 final thoughts... The spoilers edition:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has the same origin as 1.... mindblown
  • Man... I feel Lora and Haze are heavily undershadowed characters... with them being one of the few Blade and Driver that has been said to share very similar looks... I thought it could have mean something... besides of just made Jin sort of had a trauma when killing Haze...
  • Amalthus... um... I aware he's a villain... but how we get to beat him was a bit mindblowing.
  • Nia despite sure... she's a Blade, that was mindbowning if I didn't get spoiled already... I really want to know more about her backstory... if she's a Blade then that means her sister isn't actually her "sister"? Why and how she became a flesh eater?
  • Again, why Akhos and Patroka don't have a unique Blade look like how Nia and Jin does?
  • I am still bumped on Blade obtain quests... but Praxis' and Theory's quests is the most impressive one... that and another quest confirms that Blades can kill their own driver... which is pretty a neat twist (Even though it may be expectedfor some people...)
  • Nia... being Melia-ed... I mean hey... at least her Blade form looks nice. She's probably the most fan favorite Blade besides Pyra and Mythra.
  • This part I aware should be a drama but its hilarious... (Chapter 10... where Rex met the ego Nia... she complains Rex only cares about Pyra and... "Get your head out of your ****!)

... ok...
pre-patch Ardainian soldiers

I guess this is what happens when you post an essay during the afternoon in GMT/UTC+8 areas...

And thus, I can watch Gamexplain's video about Xenoblade 2... and yes.... this is spoilers... duh...
My commentary (Non spoiler)...
11:53 WHY ARE YOU GUYS THINKING THAT NIA'S A GUY? There's a rare blade that is a trap though...
23:19 Azami is cool, but a very bad Blade to use Rogersbase...
27:19 It's not in Fonsa Mya Derrick! It's in Tantal! Tantal!
32:00 Dahlia's quest wasn't too bad...

Here we go.

Spoilerless:
-The Final Boss indeed felt pretty underwhelming, I think I was Lv. 76-77 on that fight and only managed to put 4 orbs on the boss as Mythra was wiping her butt with it (S+ Trust is freaking OP, yo)
-As someone who likes to **** on Rex, I think he did a nice job on the final lines tho; don't let a performance ruin that much the emotional experience of this game.
-The XC1 vs XC2 debate gonna get good as time passes; because while the games have the same base, both are pretty different in some aspects.

Characters with good English VA: Malos, Jin, Morag, Poppi, Pyra
Glad to see you noticed Skye's performance is actually pretty go-

(Not including her role as Mythra)
Hakai

-I didn't miss the armor customization until I played XCX and saw the potential of a full bikini run in XC2
-Tiger! Tiger! lowkey becomes kinda obsolete in NG+, however the Master Mods and Light Core are still only available on Stage 5
-900 accessories seems a reasonable limit, specially when the game encourages to sell your excess inventory

Thus boy met spoiler:
-Post yfw "we're locked out by Professor Klaus"
-Maybe the Fall DLC will give us more about Lora and Haze... I want Ontos tho.
- G U I L T Y R O A D
-Nia probably was the Blade of the sickly girl whose cells got transferred to her, that's why she sees the girl as her sister, in a similar way Akhos sees Patroka
-Im sure Nia will overtake the first place over Pythra in terms of popularity

D

Deleted member

Ah, he's Story Locked? A shame as I was kinda interested in grtting him but I don't think I'll be actually pulling outside of some single rolls until King Hassan comes out.

Speaking of which, does King Hassan come out before or after Merlin? I hear the latter is predicted to come around Christmas.
Ism't she a 5* though?
Maybe it does a great job for Eirika as a character, but it turns Lyon into another, I was able to be corrupted cause I'm jealous of your relationship with your sister. I find Ephriam's path is better for Lyon's character, cause we get I'm sorry I turned evil dude, I just couldn't contain it anymore.
Eirika!Lyon is still good, much better than many other villains and it's the main source of how tragic his situation really is
noted, I’m sure Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei would love if I took the Eiricka route to :p Do you still get to go through emprhaim’s route or do I have to create another save for that?
It's one per file.
Creating an extra save at the diverging point is a good idea, as there's some content only unlocked through beating both routes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ah, he's Story Locked? A shame as I was kinda interested in grtting him but I don't think I'll be actually pulling outside of some single rolls until King Hassan comes out.

Speaking of which, does King Hassan come out before or after Merlin? I hear the latter is predicted to come around Christmas.

Ism't she a 5* though?
Nero Bride and Swimsuit Nero are 5-Stars. Regular Nero is 4-star and that was mostly because at the beginning when the game first came out, the team wanted to make it easy for people to get their favourites at the time, hence why characters like Cu, Medea, Medusa, Heracles, etc, are lower than 5-stars.

King Hassan came out after Merlin and Musashi, but before Shinjuku came out in Japan. Since the Stories have been releasing earlier, it's possible he might come around when Shinjuku comes out, but still after Merlin and Musashi.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Eirika!Lyon is still good, much better than many other villains and it's the main source of how tragic his situation really is
But Ephiram!Lyon let's you ship him with Ephiram. Also, I prefer none cliche villians

D

Deleted member

@praline
I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing I am the joke character..
Also if I am in your fighting game, make the the best character in the game please.

What would my move-set be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ism't she a 5* though?

It's one per file.
Creating an extra save at the diverging point is a good idea, as there's some content only unlocked through beating both routes.
Ah I see. Then damn I’m at the choice now and don’t think I can save. I’ll just beat the first few chapters on a new file

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...decided to start up Xenoblade again...

Seeing the nature of the Xenobalde games I've played thus far and how they're basically a marathon run of a game, I feel like I haven't really gone that far into the game since I was still on Gormott so I just went ahead and started a new file again...

I think one of the reasons why I stopped playing was because I got terribly ill at the time and just stopped playing games in general for like two whole weeks, and when I got around to it again I wasn't feeling like playing any RPGs at the time...but now I'll start chipping away at the game again...

D

Deleted member

after Musashi
****ing rip me
But Ephiram!Lyon let's you ship him with Ephiram. Also, I prefer none cliche villians
Neither of Lyon's portrayals are cliche though.
Ah I see. Then damn I’m at the choice now and don’t think I can save. I’ll just beat the first few chapters on a new file
Just save on the second or third file the next time you're asked to save the game then.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing I am the joke character..
Also if I am in your fighting game, make the the best character in the game please.
You can't be both the joke character and the best character. These two things are opposites by definition.

Unless you're a lethal joke character, but even then...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I thought this was a cool video. Kind of sick to get a bit of insight from the writers as well. I gotta admit, I did like the Spider-Man Unlimited costume a bit too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can play FEH without paying a single cent, right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized I don't even need a shiny Charmander

I can just breed a regular charmander with egg moves with a female tyranitar then breed their offspring with a shiny ditto. As long as that offspring is male it'll spread the egg moves.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean... I only spent money on the game once. And that for the Fallen Heroes so I could get Grima.
You don't want to know how much I've spent.

Both Grimas, several Ikes, Hector, and Ninjabbit got cash money. Dropped a good chunk on the dragon banner too, but I've yet to get a spare M!Grima out of it.

Dumped a bit into a war chest for the Thracia banner too, but as soon as I got Sword! Reinhardt the leftovers went back to dragons.

Think I'm done spending for a while though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You don't want to know how much I've spent.

Both Grimas, several Ikes, Hector, and Ninjabbit got cash money. Dropped a good chunk on the dragon banner too, but I've yet to get a spare M!Grima out of it.

Dumped a bit into a war chest for the Thracia banner too, but as soon as I got Sword! Reinhardt the leftovers went back to dragons.

Think I'm done spending for a while though.
You sold your soul to the Pay-and-Pray Gods...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I dedicated more time to this artwork than I initially expected. How does it look? It was a lot of fun playing with the texture settings in particular~!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here we go.
More like
Adene: HERE- WE - GO!!!!

-The XC1 vs XC2 debate gonna get good as time passes; because while the games have the same base, both are pretty different in some aspects.
I hope so, many people were being too bias when it comes to comparing XC1 and XC2...
Even so, I still think both games are equally good.

Not including her doesn't mean Mythra's English VA is bad...
Those who weren't mentioned just mmeans that their VA are just...meh...
-I didn't miss the armor customization until I played XCX and saw the potential of a full bikini run in XC2
I'm not sure if bikinis exist in Xenoblade 2... I know there's accessories that is a swimsuit... but still...

-900 accessories seems a reasonable limit, specially when the game encourages to sell your excess inventory
Then again, selling them was also a bit of a hassle...

I remember I accidentally bought 200 Gear Vest... and OH BOY... it took me half an hour to sell all of them...I have to keep smashing that A and right button...

-Post yfw "we're locked out by Professor Klaus"
I checked... so Klaus' right side is his Zanza part... and just as we finish the game Shulk has already beat Zanza...

-Maybe the Fall DLC will give us more about Lora and Haze... I want Ontos tho.
It just might be if they said DLC story won't be needed to finish the game.
I can see myself play the story mode DLC even if haven't finish the game (Still I think it would be better to play the main story up to chapter 7 or even chapter 8...)

-Nia probably was the Blade of the sickly girl whose cells got transferred to her, that's why she sees the girl as her sister, in a similar way Akhos sees Patroka
It has to be since you saw a flashback of Nia that we get to see her Blade form a bit...
But still I wish they could have made it transparent eventually, like Nia later said she didn't actually have a sister etc...
And still her introduction saying that she was born in Gromott as such doesn't make any sense if she's a Blade...

Im sure Nia will overtake the first place over Pythra in terms of popularity
I just think pretty much like Mech Fiora... Blade Nia will be so popular that nobody will even care that if this is a spoiler or not...
I think it is nuff said she will have a trophy in Smash, but as a playable character, hopefully not...

EXTRA:
Reyn: No matter how many times I see this... I will never get used to it...

And check out:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/XenobladeChronicles2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom