• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
or just making a brand new fighting game altogether (preferably a VS of sorts). Instead of that get ready for the thousand release of SF2
Still waiting for Capcom All-stars, with only Capcom characters and including Capcom characters that aren't just from fighting games.

Sega vs Capcom would be good too.

Chrono.

I still have hope. Mileena was seen by the leaker so maybe in a future KP or something. Kitana only has like 2-3 moves from her anyways
Nah we already know the leaker was full of ****. They saw the leaked build and put in his own speculation of unlockable characters, the extra slots seen in the aren't in the actual game and are likely either placeholders from a beta build or DLC future proofing.

I think Mileena will be DLC anyways though.
Fixing Marvel Infinite would be dope, but I don't think we're getting another MVC for a few years, would like to be wrong though. Adding Nero, the rest of the MVC3 crew, X-Men, Green Goblin and Carnage would be sick.

Speaking of Fighting game news, we STILL haven't seen gameplay of Dragon Ball FighterZ GT Goku as far as I know. I want to see if him having SS4 as an install is true, it seems like it would be. On top of the power pole that could make him really cool, another Goku be damned.
They've been hyping up that extra level 3, so if it is SSJ4, I hope it's not just a cutscene transformation like SSJ3. If it's just Dragon Fist, then that's a weird thing to hype up cause that's not even Kid Goku's most iconic move. If it's Penetrate then I could understand why they would hype it up, but that feels more like a Dramatic Finish to me (which wouldn't be possible since this is GT Goku and King Piccolo ain't even in the game), not to mention the Reverse Kamehameha is already a move for him.

On the other hand, doing a whole install sounds like a lot of extra busywork. His whole moveset would have to be entirely different and probably be heavily based off a current Goku, that's not counting how his supers would have to be different. Unless there's a way to select him outside of the Kid Goku, feels like a bit of a waste to do basically two entire characters in one. But if there IS a way to select him outside of Kid Goku, there's no reason for him be an install outside of it being a neat novelty of sorts.

So I'm just gonna go with the other level 3 being the Dragon Fist he used on Super 17 or the SSJ4 being a cutscene super.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So this is sorta neat, I was watching Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission videos and noticed that they started referring to Kid Goku and Krillin as “Teen” which is more accurate.

During the 21st Budokai Goku and Krillin were 12 and 13 respectively and during the 22nd and King Piccolo Arcs they were 15 and 16 respectively.

Now if they can just stop calling 9/physically 10 Year Old Gohan “Teen”. Oh who am I kidding.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So this is sorta neat, I was watching Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission videos and noticed that they started referring to Kid Goku and Krillin as “Teen” which is more accurate.

During the 21st Budokai Goku and Krillin were 12 and 13 respectively and during the 22nd and King Piccolo Arcs they were 15 and 16 respectively.

Now if they can just stop calling 9/physically 10 Year Old Gohan “Teen”. Oh who am I kidding.
I think it's cause in Japanese all of them (including the Cell era Gohan) use the same prefix (Shounen-ki) and that can directly translate to Childhood or Boyhood, which is pretty accurate. But for whatever reason they translated it as Teen for Gohan all the way back in Budokai and it sort of stuck until the later games. It only became weirder when the 12yo Goku started popping up in games and got the same prefix translated as Kid, which isn't very accurate. Meanwhile the Saiyan/Namek era Gohan has always had the most consistent translation (Younen-ki, which can mean infancy, so Kid is fine for him.) With the Buu Saga Gohan getting either Adult or Teen or nothing, depending on the game. SDBH went with Adult (I think in Japanese he's just called Seinen-ki, at least in the games where they decide to distinguish him.)

In Dokkan Battle all of those who got the Shounen suffix got translated as Youth, which I think works a lot better in English than Teen or Childhood would. Even if technically accurate for some of them. Meanwhile the Buu Saga Gohan just gets called (Teen), unless it's Ultimate Gohan.

Poor Trunks is the real victim of shoddy translations though. Some of the games can't decide whether his DBS self is a Teen or not, even though he's like 30 years old. Dragon Ball Legends had to even change his name in an update from Teen to Adult LMAO.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Superstar ShakeUp time...oh god don’t ****ing send AJ Styles to Raw please

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Capcom has something to announce tomorrow.

Could be another Arcade collection.
Around the 13 or 14 second mark, we get a glimpse of the Alien vs. Predator game, which is weird, because it's a licensed game and it wasn't in their beat-em-up collection, presumably for that reason.

Hopefully whatever this announcement is includes a re-release of that game (I like both franchises, but I've never gotten a chance to play that game), but we'll find out tomorrow around 11 am Eastern.

Chrono.

Around the 13 or 14 second mark, we get a glimpse of the Alien vs. Predator game, which is weird, because it's a licensed game and it wasn't in their beat-em-up collection, presumably for that reason.

Hopefully whatever this announcement is includes a re-release of that game (I like both franchises, but I've never gotten a chance to play that game), but we'll find out tomorrow around 11 am Eastern.
It 100% will be there, the copyright info for it is there so they had to get the rights.

Sadly, given how expensive it is, this was likely the only way to get this game re-released. Hopefully this means we see some other hidden gems like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is a pretty damn cool Switch update.
  • New user icons from Splatoon 2 & Yoshi's Crafted World
  • You can organize your titles in All Software
  • You can actually zoom in and out on the screen (I really like this one the most)
But still no Wario or Waluigi user icons and still only a 140 character limit for Twitter sharing :glare:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do wish MK would put energy back into their music.

MK3 in particular had real cool tracks.

Chrono.

I do wish MK would put energy back into their music.

MK3 in particular had real cool tracks.
For real, reboot MK has the most forgettable score and it's really noticeable when every fighting game out there right now has a banging soundtrack.

You know it's bad when trailers just use either licenced music or stock music.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For real, reboot MK has the most forgettable score and it's really noticeable when every fighting game out there right now has a banging soundtrack.

You know it's bad when trailers just use either licenced music or stock music.
Yeah Man, the Subway, the Street(Aww....YEAH!) and the Bank from MK3 were really cool sounding. Not to mention the Dead Woods or even Deception tracks like the Slaughterhouse were memorable.

EDIT: AND the character select themes from Deception and MK1.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is a pretty damn cool Switch update.
  • New user icons from Splatoon 2 & Yoshi's Crafted World
  • You can organize your titles in All Software
  • You can actually zoom in and out on the screen (I really like this one the most)
But still no Wario or Waluigi user icons and still only a 140 character limit for Twitter sharing :glare:
No Daisy either! :urg:

Chrono.

Holy **** lol all of Endgame leaked online.

Super spoilery clips of it are going around on Twitter, Reddit and YouTube. The full movie is out there too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if they did.
Usos...Miz...Naomi...Andrade and Zelina...Viking Experience...AJ ****ING STYLES...AND NOT CHARLOTTE ****ING FLAIR...both SmackDown Live and UpUpDownDown has taken massive hits tonight

but we gotta hit Raw harder and faster than them Avengers Endgame leaks (whoever leaked the movie deserves death and beating galore by our savior Thanos)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Holy **** lol all of Endgame leaked online.

Super spoilery clips of it are going around on Twitter, Reddit and YouTube. The full movie is out there too.

Checking the stuff in 4chan; good **** I say.

One clip is ~0:44, other is ~4:31, so is time to be careful if you stumble with a video with that length.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Checking the stuff in 4chan; good **** I say.

One clip is ~0:44, other is ~4:31, so is time to be careful if you stumble with a video with that length.
Better yet...focus on the sad side of life...aka AJ Styles on Raw

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So, it begins

Happy that it will still be a physical console (unlike Stadia), and being compatible with PS4 games is great. And the SSD looks pretty interesting, it will probably make games run smoother with less time on loading screens. Either way we'll have to wait to see if it's better than a PC or not (probably not).

This probably means that many of the games without date for PS4 (mainly TLoU2 and Death Stranding) will be held back until this next gen console gets announced so they can appear on it, and since it won't be releasing this year... Jeez, it's gonna be a while huh. I also wonder about the price, this type of hardware won't be cheap, that's for sure.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

Dunno if you've been pulling from those recent rate-ups as the Fate/Extra CCC event in Fate/GO draws near, but today was Normal Tamamo's day...

...didn't get her with 8 Summoning Tickets and 70 Saint Quartz (not many SQz because I am still recovering from the Okita summoning sessions).

Actually, the only notable thing that happened was that I got my second Francis Drake off my very first Summoning Ticket used to get Tamamo.

Well, that happened...

Nothing against Drake because she's a good farmer and all, but man, for a golden Rider card, I was hoping maybe it could've been Ozy since I still want him (or Tamamo of course), but looks like that getting another Drake that way was just the extent of my luck with my summoning attempts to get Tamamo (I also pulled my first Gawain from my first SQz summoning round, but he's meh).

Third time I pulled a 5-star off of a Ticket (also the second time I pulled Drake from a Ticket too), and now Drake is my first NP2 5-star.

This is... *sigh*.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Etika ****ed up again and is back in a hospital (same situation now as it was in October)
PlayStation 5 news with 8K (I cant achieve that **** yet)
AJ Styles on Raw...and Roman Reigns hopefully on SmackDown Live
Nintendo and Marvel reveal MUA3 release date and additional info (GHOST-****ING-SPIDER-GWEN!!!!!!!!!!])

...where’s my XBox info at?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-verse trio in MUA3, Nightcrawler too.

F4 still dead lmaooooo rip.
They still have a fighting chance...but idgaf cause I can have an all Spider Crew (Peter, Gwen, Miles, Eddie)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
With the Spider Universe trio, Venom, Black Panther, Nightcrawler, Storm, the GotG, and Deadpool all in the roster is almost perfect for me. All I need is a better look at the gameplay and I'm set.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

Dunno if you've been pulling from those recent rate-ups as the Fate/Extra CCC event in Fate/GO draws near, but today was Normal Tamamo's day...

...didn't get her with 8 Summoning Tickets and 70 Saint Quartz (not many SQz because I am still recovering from the Okita summoning sessions).

Actually, the only notable thing that happened was that I got my second Francis Drake off my very first Summoning Ticket used to get Tamamo.

Well, that happened...

Nothing against Drake because she's a good farmer and all, but man, for a golden Rider card, I was hoping maybe it could've been Ozy since I still want him (or Tamamo of course), but looks like that getting another Drake that way was just the extent of my luck with my summoning attempts to get Tamamo (I also pulled my first Gawain from my first SQz summoning round, but he's meh).

Third time I pulled a 5-star off of a Ticket (also the second time I pulled Drake from a Ticket too), and now Drake is my first NP2 5-star.

This is... *sigh*.
Well, it's not as bad as how I got it with some of my pulls. At the least, I got an NP2 Gawain from getting 2 Gawains from one pull. On the other hand, the other pulls have me asking why a "Guaranteed" 4-star on a 10 roll has to include Craft Essences. *looks at Code Cast*

But then again, I think most of my luck dropped when I got Quetzalcoatl and Waver on my accounts that didn't have them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the Spider Universe trio, Venom, Black Panther, Nightcrawler, Storm, the GotG, and Deadpool all in the roster is almost perfect for me. All I need is a better look at the gameplay and I'm set.
I was hooked the moment the game was called “Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3”...all I needed to be won over

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh boy

Mom is asking me what I want for my birthday and wants to avoid straight up cash.

And like Christmas, I don't know what as I simply buy what I want myself normally.

Hmm

Chrono.

Oh boy, the Capcom Home Arcade is... something.

16 games, with some pretty obscure choices, but the hardware itself is just... The Capcom logo. Literally just the Capcom logo, it's as tacky as it sounds. Aside from that the hardware is apparently good quality.

The games are gonna be running on the FB Alpha emulator... which Capcom apparently took without permission, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom