• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Honey I ain't scared of the truth, I've advertised mine here before.

Including when I deliberately was running with a really intensely inadvisable concept.

I guarantee you I'm the only person here to write a fic involving Inkling tackling Pit against a rack of seasonal Christmas decorations for a makeout session just because I could.
I delibaretly wrote an epic fanfic where 2 precures get married and have kids.

I've done concepts that are out there as well, Cori.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of fanfiction, I've given it a go before but I've never published anything. I'm trying to hone my writing skills to make whatever fanfic I publish in the future 1.) actually have decent writing (and I need to work on this), 2.) respect the canon (I thankfully respect the canon already, including ships), and 3.) have a good tone balance (I like writing drama but I don't want to go overboard with the edge. I'm still doing my best to find a balance there.)
Having standards is great, but don't worry too hard about them for anyone else's sake.

...It's fanfic hosting websites. Just grind the wordcount per chapter into the four digit range and at least someone will like it. I don't upload as often as I should and delete a lot of my projects because I'm a perfectionist. But regular updates + decent wordcount = audience, those three points be darned. As much as I, PERSONALLY, will be ten times more likely to read your fic if it's softer and canon-respecting.

Chrono.

Man.

Installing Legacy XP 2.0 is a pain.

EDIT: nvm I'm stupid

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really like my dentists. They are both nice to me. :)
*Swamp goes to the store to buy ARMS.*

*Swamp decided he was going to buy a game but didn't have too much money.*

*Swamp looks at used prices and they are barely less than brand new.*

*Swamp sees a game on sale that he wants.*

*It's 12 dollars cheaper and brand new, meaning he'd still have a fair chunk of change.*

*Swamp buys the game on sale.*

What was that game?

Fire Emblem Warriors? Considering I like FEH, I hope you have a blast!

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hah!

The turth has come your all just as pathetic as me!!!

All of you weebs wrote fanfics too!!

Though I might be the only one pathetic brave enough to have published them. :v
In my defense: None of mine are finished. Few of mine are started.

Can't share what I ain't got.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
fanfics?

katt always wrote some, she never god damn finished and they always end up being deleted or gone :V

i'm lazy

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Having standards is great, but don't worry too hard about them for anyone else's sake.

...It's fanfic hosting websites. Just grind the wordcount per chapter into the four digit range and at least someone will like it. I don't upload as often as I should and delete a lot of my projects because I'm a perfectionist. But regular updates + decent wordcount = audience, those three points be darned. As much as I, PERSONALLY, will be ten times more likely to read your fic if it's softer and canon-respecting.
That is valid, but I'm focused on accomplishing those points because I won't feel comfortable with it unless I'm reasonably satisfied with my work based on those points that I try to adhere to.

Also, question...how would you define the difference between "dark" and "edgy"?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That is valid, but I'm focused on accomplishing those points because I won't feel comfortable with it unless I'm reasonably satisfied with my work based on those points that I try to adhere to.

Dark is dark.
Edgy is trying too hard to be dark.

D

Deleted member

Netflix finally added The Godfather and I am really happy.
I would of loved to see DBZ Super or MHA in Netflix, but that is all good.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Really a lot of it is just how the tone works. Dark, like basically any tone like Happy or Surreal, has its advantages and disadvantages, and there are certain genres or stories that work better with it. Horror for example, loves a good dark atmosphere. Same with Film Noirs, or even action films, but likewise it's all extremely contextual. It also has to do with plot, characters, even the writer's ability to make a darker story.

When we get to the "edgelord" joke is when the dark tone fails. Whether it becomes too dissonant from the elements that came before it, or the writer in question veers too hard into it without giving it the proper tact. Batman is a very good example of this, as people have built both really good dark Batman stories, but also really **** takes on the man. Compare like The Long Halloween to All Stars Batman and Robin.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I write fanfics from time to time. Usually TES and FO stuff.
"Sanguine and Sheogorath play strip poker only instead of poker it's whether a group of people trapped in a snowed in mead hall kill each other while they're intoxicated or sober."

/s

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wrote some stuff and deleted it an hour later after looking in fear what I just created.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You have no excuse, my unfinished fanfics litter the internet. :v
Mine litters the writing challenge.

Speaking of, Coricus Coricus I feel like I owe you some kind of prize for that. Wasn't in the charter, but being the only one of us who got all eight weeks, seems wrong leaving you empty handed.

Don't have anything in mind, so if you do, get at me.

Also:

"Sanguine and Sheogorath play strip poker only instead of poker it's whether a group of people trapped in a snowed in mead hall kill each other while they're intoxicated or sober."

/s
I like how this is instead of poker.

And not the strip.

I wrote some stuff and deleted it an hour later after looking in fear what I just created.
That's like half my posts.

And you've seen the other half.

Imagine.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was honestly just waiting for another post. Tags are a fiddly thing in edits.

Aurane Aurane :

Shiny would like to see these.

I leave anything further to your discretion.
They're locked away in my computer and until I get a decent computer table, they're staying there.

For future reference, and this isn't just to you- if Shiny asks anything of me, please don't pass me his message. I blocked him for a reason. Thank you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought I could pull a schrodinger's cat and think "If I don't know my dog is dead, she is dead and alive at the same time"

But then I came home, and of course she wasn't there. So I learned that: Yes, she is dead

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They're locked away in my computer and until I get a decent computer table, they're staying there.

For future reference, and this isn't just to you- if Shiny asks anything of me, please don't pass me his message. I blocked him for a reason. Thank you.
Fair enough, and as you wish, respectively.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I use to have a very long fanfic involving Skyrim long ago. It was basically a giant book. Then my sister deleted it. I did everything to get it back, but it was lost.

Whenever I make fanfics nowadays, I save two versions of it. A "checkpoint" and a "WIP". The checkpoint gets locked into another folder that's password locked. The other is open.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized the answer to "Why would you need a bike in Pokemon Let's Go?"

Because none of the pokemon I use are rideable.

Blastoise is 5'3". Muk is a pile of goo, Nidoking is 4'07" (Really?), Sandslash is 3'03", Jolteon is 2'07", and Exeggutor is tall but I highly doubt is rideable

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Go with Alfyn if you need somebody that can give out emergency heals.

He saved my teammates a lot when I was playing the demo.

And no wonder why Therion's VA sounds familiar:
Chris Niosi is a Youtuber that I subbed 4 years ago when he made those Did You Know Voice Acting video series. And yeah I know he already dubs in many animes and games but still intersting nonetheless.

And Accel Art made another World Cup artwork that I think it looks great

I don't remember the FIFA World Cup trophy has eyes lol.

I gotta say, match wise this World Cup is pretty good. Result wise, definitely the worst in my opinion. The best for me still goes to 2014 World Cup.
The create of brawl taunts does his voice? That’s pretty cool to see.

Speaking of theorian I just beat the first boss in his story. It’s pretty good so far. I’m loving everything about the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom