• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I swear this is something out of my dreams.
The money I would pay to get a DKC game in a style like this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So what is this "mafia" you speak of and how does it work?

Most forum games I see whenever I check them on a given website seem to have some kind of extremely complex set of rules, which is why I didn't ask until now. But with how much fun you guys had and how quick it went. . .

Most forum games I see whenever I check them on a given website seem to have some kind of extremely complex set of rules, which is why I didn't ask until now. But with how much fun you guys had and how quick it went. . .
Gonna quote swamp

I'll try to give you a condensed version.

Mafia is a forum game where there are two faction.

The peaceful and majority town and the villainous mafia. Each user will be given an alignment and a specific role/power. Town users want to erase any threats to the town and need to try and vote to lynch potential town members. Meanwhile, mafia members want to outnumber the town and kill them during the night and mislead lynchings.

It's a game of mind games and deception. You need to determine who you can trust and who you should avoid fast.

There are two phases in the game. Day phase and night phase.

During the day, users can speak publicly in the thread (and only in the thread) and discuss ideas, strategies and claims. At the end of the day, the town will lynch someone, so townies need to vote on who they lynch.

During the night, users cannot speak in the thread, but can PM each other to discuss things. During the night, the mafia decide who they want to kill that night. At the end of the night, if all goes well, the mafia kills that user leaving the town to find them dead in the morning. This is also the time when most players can use their powers. These powers can range from anything from checking alignment, preventing a kill, preventing someone else from using their power or checking bits of other people's PMs.

This continues until the mafia is eliminated giving the town the win, or until the amount of mafia members equal the town members giving the mafia the win.

To add to that, many games have third parties, who have their own separate goal to complete.

You might have heard of the game before as a party game or several online versions such as Epicmafia or Town of Salem. At times it has been called Werewolf.

You can learn more here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's got lots of specific roles and more detailed explanations.

It might seem seem like a lot, but it is super fun.

Back when we had a Smash 4 Community Hangout, we played it almost constantly. It was incredibly fun and deepened a lot of relationships I had with other users.

Plus we even managed to make themed games too. We did Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, FNAF, Godzilla, Team Fortress 2, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Dangaropa, etc. Introduced me to a couple of new series while I was at it.

It'd be great to play it again.
If you want to see how it went
https://smashboards.com/threads/swa...-actual-hunger-games-end-town-victory.452382/

Although, PMs where some action happened will stay private lol.
:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And so....

We have just completed our first game of mafia.

Everyone had a lot of fun and the town won with a close victory.

So those who played with us...

@praline A Distant Demon A Distant Demon Opossum Opossum --- --- DarkAuraful DarkAuraful Aurane Aurane Jojalole Jojalole NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Pokechu @RamOne @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ @WhiteEaglePL

How was it?

Do you want others to play?
Bad because I wasn't tagged even though I played
:p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite fun and filled with a lot of twists. It was very close but it was crazy to see the end result and what role everyone had. Would definitely play again and recommend.

It's not that hard to play and is quite fun. Usually forums and people irl will play it a lot as a party game.
https://smashboards.com/threads/swa...-actual-hunger-games-end-town-victory.452382/

The thread here will outline things and you can see how the game went down and was played if you read through. Would recommend joining us for the next one.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well I got good news.

Opossum Opossum is hosting another game. Should be up any moment now.
As a clarification, the thread will go live early tomorrow morning. My schedule got kinda knocked out of whack tonight, sadly.

D

Deleted member

And so....

We have just completed our first game of mafia.

Everyone had a lot of fun and the town won with a close victory.

So those who played with us...

@praline A Distant Demon A Distant Demon Opossum Opossum --- --- DarkAuraful DarkAuraful Aurane Aurane Jojalole Jojalole NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Pokechu @RamOne @ShinyLegendary @Shishœ @WhiteEaglePL

How was it?

Do you want others to play?
I would definitely like to play the game again, It was a lot of fun! More users would make the game a lot more longer but more random and filled with more mysterious roles. Legit perfection.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:yoshi:

How does this game work?
Here is the reader's digest version.

I'll try to give you a condensed version.

Mafia is a forum game where there are two faction.

The peaceful and majority town and the villainous mafia. Each user will be given an alignment and a specific role/power. Town users want to erase any threats to the town and need to try and vote to lynch potential town members. Meanwhile, mafia members want to outnumber the town and kill them during the night and mislead lynchings.

It's a game of mind games and deception. You need to determine who you can trust and who you should avoid fast.

There are two phases in the game. Day phase and night phase.

During the day, users can speak publicly in the thread (and only in the thread) and discuss ideas, strategies and claims. At the end of the day, the town will lynch someone, so townies need to vote on who they lynch.

During the night, users cannot speak in the thread, but can PM each other to discuss things. During the night, the mafia decide who they want to kill that night. At the end of the night, if all goes well, the mafia kills that user leaving the town to find them dead in the morning. This is also the time when most players can use their powers. These powers can range from anything from checking alignment, preventing a kill, preventing someone else from using their power or checking bits of other people's PMs.

This continues until the mafia is eliminated giving the town the win, or until the amount of mafia members equal the town members giving the mafia the win.

To add to that, many games have third parties, who have their own separate goal to complete.

You might have heard of the game before as a party game or several online versions such as Epicmafia or Town of Salem. At times it has been called Werewolf.

You can learn more here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's got lots of specific roles and more detailed explanations.

It might seem seem like a lot, but it is super fun.

Back when we had a Smash 4 Community Hangout, we played it almost constantly. It was incredibly fun and deepened a lot of relationships I had with other users.

Plus we even managed to make themed games too. We did Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, FNAF, Godzilla, Team Fortress 2, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Dangaropa, etc. Introduced me to a couple of new series while I was at it.

It'd be great to play it again.

D

Deleted member

Hey Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ..
Guess what? You are top three.
You can thank everyone in here, including me. I like your posts because they are really good for me ( not kidding )!
3123312.PNG

Thank you redfeatherraven redfeatherraven for the likes, it makes me warm inside. I got five hundred likes, but too bad I will have more posts than likes. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm just lurking here at 1 in the morning.

Why?

I don't ****ing know.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is number three.

Good night again.
Good night, may the bad dreams ward off!
I don't really care that much dude.

I mean thanks I guess but...

They don't mean much.
Your welcome ;). I respect your advice.
I can not believe this thread reached 101 posts that quickly.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like yet again FE: Heroes decided to troll me of getting my NY!Takumi by giving me another 5-star healer instead:

Doesn't help that she got some terrible IVs as well: +HP, -Atk to be exact.

Man, this is unfortunate...

But on the bright side, I finally got Heracles to max ascension in Fate/Grand Order!

I also maxed out his level ups as well (no Holy Grails were used though).

Finally, Heracles is ready to truly wreck havoc!

Now to grind up to get some more fangs in Saber Wars to promote Mordred!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can thank everyone in here, including me. I like your posts because they are really good for me ( not kidding )!
View attachment 135135
Thank you redfeatherraven redfeatherraven for the likes, it makes me warm inside. I got five hundred likes, but too bad I will have more posts than likes. :/
Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all... but I think you're moving too fast.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
How was it?

Do you want others to play
Guess I misplayed badly, yet I managed to reach to the end of the game. This was really fun, I'll definitely sign up for Opo's game.

Also, you get to know other users better, so everyone feel free to join the game! It's an absolute blast to play.

D

Deleted member

I can not believe this thread reached 101 posts that quickly.
Intriguing. You'd think it'd be a bit slower now considering forums are becoming a thing of the past. Well, maybe not so much.

You've got ResetEra... *gulp* ... and that's kind of peaking in activity...

I remember caring a bit for posts and likes, but eventually, I found it to not be worth it. Quality goes over quantity.

Also, hello everyone.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so chapter 9 and 10 of xeno2 gave me 2 legendary core crystals....haven't opend them yet tho

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've played some mafia games on another site, plus I played a vampire version at camp once. That said, I'm not sure I wanna play anymore, with how involved I have to be and everything.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 135135
Tfw you used to be third and no one cared.
And now you're in goddamn 8th after slowly being passed by and then just barely getting out of 9th.
JX0pUVN.jpg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Friendly reminder that in Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, Sakura nonchalantly says to Ryu that she wants to have kids with him in her arcade ending.
Sakura's an adult now.

She ain't having no more of that teenager crush stuff.

She's a woman. She knows what she wants. And she's ready to get it.

Unfortunately she wants a hobo with the sexuality of a half eaten shoe.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sakura's an adult now.

She ain't having no more of that teenager crush stuff.

She's a woman. She knows what she wants. And she's ready to get it.

Unfortunately she wants a hobo with the sexuality of a half eaten shoe.

It's not the teenage crush stuff, it's the stuff that comes afterward that's the amusing part. Ryu's stumped face, the background music suddenly cutting off and especially when her face when she realizes how blunt she was (which isn't how I'd imagine an adult woman reacting tbh).

I'm more surprised that she didn't straight up kiss him at that point, that'd make the Japanese explode.

D

Deleted member

Intriguing. You'd think it'd be a bit slower now considering forums are becoming a thing of the past. Well, maybe not so much.

You've got ResetEra... *gulp* ... and that's kind of peaking in activity...

I remember caring a bit for posts and likes, but eventually, I found it to not be worth it. Quality goes over quantity.

Also, hello everyone.
I'm in the minority that still vastly prefers forums to social media. Not that social media is bad per say so much as I like to have a place where if I ever feel like doing long analysis, it doesn't feel totally awkward to do so. Why there are people who feeling the need to do 10+ tweets to explain one point is beyond me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here is my first post in this thread...
Finished Chapter 5 and did a bit of the 6th
Okay, basically this is where I stop looking at the spoilers... Getting more rare Blades is now more and more hard for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom