• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just rewatched Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins. Enjoyable, but it felt weird that they didn't use the voice actors of the actual game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo Life did an interview with the Xenoblade devs.

Some interesting points:
-The best way to experience the XC2 story is by playing the main game, finish Chapter 7 and then do Torna before starting the 8th.
-The Golden Country marks the end of planned DLC
-When designing Blades, they only sent the element and combat traits they wanted to the artists; the creative liberty given to them resulted in many female Blades.
-The anime style was decided as a way to appear to a more worldwide audience as it "would do justice"
-Takahashi dislikes the term "JRPG"

-The original ending just had the Aegis core crystal starting to glow, but they decided to take a more happy ending route by having both Pyra and Mythra returning.

-Pneuma has no official name, but it can be referred as that.

-"We have no firm plans on continuing the series"
Damn, I was going to share this...maybe.

Really interesting fact about the blades design and when you should play Torna, but it's sad to see that XB2 is definitly DUN now. Once I be good with the game, I honestly don't know what will fill it's place beside maybe Ultimate.

Also, I'm sure they aren't "completely done" with the series and are more like "we are done with it for now", that be just weird to stop it here for good after XB2 success as the most sell Xeno games of them all and, if I remember correctly, the director wanting to continue the ideas that started in Xenogear.

D

Deleted member

If they don't have some soft ones I'll eat my own spines.
To be fair, they did just get off of working on a huge expansion for a game that normally wouldn't get one. Hell, I'm surprised Xenoblade 2 got THIS much support after release. It's kinda like Sakurai and the Smash Bros. series - with every game that comes out, there aren't any firm plans, but there are ideas.

It is important to remember, though, that Monolith Soft did say that they would be down for making Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and X-2 before. This came from when they released XBC2's physical OST with a booklet.

(I/We) want to continue the Xenoblade numbering. So, before that about "XenobladeX", (I/we) think it is also important. So (I/we) want to release a 3rd Xenoblade, and a 2nd X. But if we continue with only numbering, spoilers might become a problem, so (I/we) really want to produce a perfect new original work together at the same time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So today is the day that I’m meeting with the current president of the organization I’ve been volunteering for the last year and half with to “discuss” things.

Part of me feel they’re going to boot me from bylaws chair for silly reasons (I found out the reason beforehand). Whether it’s a trap or a sign, this meeting will determine the fate of this organization because I’m working with a national level about this situation as I’m seeing and hearing things over the last two months to say this is enough.

So I’m asking for some positive vibes and thoughts because I need them. Doesn’t help that I felt a bit of my anxiety kicked in last night so I’m trying to stay as calm as I can now until the meet

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just saw a Luigi's Mansion 2 review and man, I've never played the games but I'm starting to think 2 is a bad sequel
It was a great game though, except for the penultimate mission being absurdly hard for no reason.

D

Deleted member

I just saw a Luigi's Mansion 2 review and man, I've never played the games but I'm starting to think 2 is a bad sequel
I feel like Luigi's Mansion 2 gets dumped on too much nowadays. As someone who has the original Luigi's Mansion as one of their most favorite games ever, I thought Dark Moon was a fine sequel. Yes, the mission gameplay was an odd choice, but truth be told I never felt like the original was necessarily as open as some say. There are some optional things you can revisit in older segments of the mansion, but most of the game is pretty linear A to B.

To each their own, but I still feel like Dark Moon is a great game. Besides, Luigi's Mansion 3 will probably return back to the original format anyway. Them re-releasing Luigi's Mansion 1 on the 3DS is (hopefully) a good sign for that. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I feel like Luigi's Mansion 2 gets dumped on too much nowadays. As someone who has the original Luigi's Mansion as one of their most favorite games ever, I thought Dark Moon was a fine sequel. Yes, the mission gameplay was an odd choice, but truth be told I never felt like the original was necessarily as open as some say. There are some optional things you can revisit in older segments of the mansion, but most of the game is pretty linear A to B.

To each their own, but I still feel like Dark Moon is a great game. Besides, Luigi's Mansion 3 will probably return back to the original format anyway. Them re-releasing Luigi's Mansion 1 on the 3DS is (hopefully) a good sign for that. :)
Dark moon was amazing, I dont see why it gets all the hate it does
If they don't have some soft ones I'll eat my own spines.
when did you get more then one spine?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just rewatched Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins. Enjoyable, but it felt weird that they didn't use the voice actors of the actual game.
xD I just LOVE Falco's rage quit and also him insulting Slippy...It is just priceless!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

lol I'm just on the segment on the review in question he's being more positive (NitroRad for those curious, he does good reviews). It's just that seeing all that negativity, some friends who played both games show some dislike and a "5 reasons I was disappointed in Luigi's Mansion 2" video, I start to wonder about the quality

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion 2 but I felt the first one had better charm, gameplay, and characters.

Funny that 2 did get an arcade release (and even weirder that Capcom made said game).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be fair, they did just get off of working on a huge expansion for a game that normally wouldn't get one. Hell, I'm surprised Xenoblade 2 got THIS much support after release. It's kinda like Sakurai and the Smash Bros. series - with every game that comes out, there aren't any firm plans, but there are ideas.

It is important to remember, though, that Monolith Soft did say that they would be down for making Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and X-2 before. This came from when they released XBC2's physical OST with a booklet.
I feel like they would do a port of XCX1 to the switch while working on their new franchise before doing a sequel to either XCX or XB2, but that's just a gut feeling at this point.

In any case however, I hope they have their full team for the next Xeno game, 'cuz if I remember right, the dev who did the UI for the previous game wasn't here for XB2, and I think you can see that cleary in some part of the game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Damn, I was going to share this...maybe.

Really interesting fact about the blades design and when you should play Torna, but it's sad to see that XB2 is definitly DUN now. Once I be good with the game, I honestly don't know what will fill it's place beside maybe Ultimate.

Also, I'm sure they aren't "completely done" with the series and are more like "we are done with it for now", that be just weird to stop it here for good after XB2 success as the most sell Xeno games of them all and, if I remember correctly, the director wanting to continue the ideas that started in Xenogear.
It feels they wanna take a (well deserved) break. The development of the game probably was something that took a toll on them, you know: losing a major bulk of its workers to Breath of the Wild, having only ~40 devs working on all the game, spending pretty much the full year addressing bugs, implementing QOL updates, conceptualizing the fanservice content like Shulk & Elma and working on Torna.
At least know they want to do X2 and 3, but the planning table lacks them atm and probably will stay like that for a while as they focus on other potential projects.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
D

Deleted member

I feel like they would do a port of XCX1 to the switch while working on their new franchise before doing a sequel to either XCX or XB2, but that's just a gut feeling at this point.

In any case however, I hope they have their full team for the next Xeno game, 'cuz if I remember right, the dev who did the UI for the previous game wasn't here for XB2, and I think you can see that cleary in some part of the game.
Right, it really does depend on how and where the team is at on Nintendo's schedule. Monolith Soft had to work on Super Smash Bros. Brawl during Xenoblade 1's development, and then Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Xenoblade 2. The next game, I cannot see another dimension, however. If there'd be a Xenoblade Chronicles 3, it
HAS to be before Shulk and Rex's dimensions existed after big spoilerinos. Pretty much everything has been explained in one way or another, but a full-on backstory to Klaus and Galea would be a good end to the trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It feels they wanna take a (well deserved) break. The development of the game probably was something that took a toll on them, you know: losing a major bulk of its workers to Breath of the Wild, having only ~40 devs working on all the game, spending pretty much the full year addressing bugs, implementing QOL updates, conceptualizing the fanservice content like Shulk & Elma and working on Torna.
At least know they want to do X2 and 3, but the planning table lacks them atm and probably will stay like that for a while as they focus on other potential projects.
Yeah, you nail it all the points, I think they deserve a break from this franchise and try something new to try out new ideas, while keeping notes here and there when they decide to come back for a sequel to either X or 2.

In any case, I hope they have fun for whatever they new project is.
Right, it really does depend on how and where the team is at on Nintendo's schedule. Monolith Soft had to work on Super Smash Bros. Brawl during Xenoblade 1's development, and then Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Xenoblade 2. The next game, I
cannot see another dimension, however. If there'd be a Xenoblade Chronicles 3, it HAS to be before Shulk and Rex's dimensions existed after big spoilerinos. Pretty much everything has been explained in one way or another, but a full-on backstory to Klaus and Galea would be a good end to the trilogy.
First of all:

Spoilers my friend.:p

Second off:

Heh, I feel like that

if Alvis isn't the third aegis, then maybe we could focus on the universe it fallen into, but your idea is interesting, if very hard to me to see how it would work in motion.

Last edited:

Chrono.

On the topic of Mega Man TGS dropped a trailer with Tundra Man and Acid Man. We get a small glimpse of their weapons too. It does go by quickly though. Acid Man's seems to be a shield type, while you also fire a new projectile while it's up, Tundra Man's looks similar to the charged version of Storm Tornado. So a big vertical hitbox.

And if you didn't see Impact Man's weapon, it's a Dash attack, one that can be done in mid-air too, I bet you can take some good short cuts with it.

A preview manga thing gives us another look at the Younger Dr. Wily and Dr. Light. Mega Man's hair is drawn kind of cool too, usually looks better in Black than in Brown.

That piano version of Fuse Man's theme tho.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
what in the gods green earth is Okage: Shadow King??
Glad you asked

You're on a quest to save the world from fake "Evil Kings" while helping the Evil King who lives in your shadow regain his human form. Game's about 30 hours, but VERY good RPG if you find the time to do the main story. One of my all-time favorite RPGs since I was a kid

D

Deleted member

■ Award for Excellence
・Xenoblade Chronicles 2 damn straight
・Super Mario Odyssey
・Call of Duty: WWII
・Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
・Splatoon 2
・Fate/Grand Order
・UNDERTALE
・Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
・PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
・Fortnite what
That is such an interesting mixture.
Call of Duty WWII and Fortnite are in here only because of popularity for sure. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Am I as edgy as @Shishœ says I am? Or do you guys agree that he thinks everything black or dark is edgy.
You are an echo-fighter of Shishoe, so you are both edgy. :)

Also, I am getting the PS4 Spiderman soon. Any other games that I should consider getting? ( Nintendo Switch or PS4 Pro is good. )

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After a few tries, I beat Garon on infernal.

I used my plus 4 reinhardt, Axzura, Bride Cordelia, and Brave roy.

First turn:

I started with rein in top left corner, roy next to him, bridelia under roy, and axzura under rein.

delia moves up and repositions Roy up on space. He kills the Axe user and pulls off galeforce, then kills the cleric.

Rein ORKOs the lance knight, is sung and moves under the wall to kill the sword unit. With distant def, he lives a hit from the green horse unit and Roy lives Garon.

Turn Two:
Roy goes and kills the horse green mage horse unit, then kills garon after gale force.

Rein goes and kills the red mage horse unit.

Delia gets danced towards the bow horse unit and kill the bow unit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For anyone who hasn't seen it, the Mega Buster trailer for Devil May Cry 5 is out too.

smh I wish they'd just give Mega Man his own game rather than all of these cam-

Oh wait.

How the times have changed. How the turns have tabled.

D

Deleted member

There is one unit I absolutely hate in Garon Intense Mode:

THAT GREEN CAVALIER RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And now I've finished reading two Star Fox comics (again): The 1993 Nintendo Power comic and the "Farewell, Beloved Falco" manga. :ultfox: :ultfalco:

Pretty gewd stuff

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I was excited for the Dark Souls internet test but I don’t have the online ****.

How does the family sharing thing work?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And now I've finished reading two Star Fox comics (again): The 1993 Nintendo Power comic and the "Farewell, Beloved Falco" manga. :ultfox::ultfalco:

Pretty gewd stuff
:O Oh I remember that one! I like the style. xD And it made me feel apreciation for the original pink Katt design...as I used to prefer the Command one better (since I was not a fan of the pink color) but they I realized I was SO wrong. The original design and coloration fits with Katt's personality a lot. And even if that manga implied that Falco "didn't" had feelings for Katt like she does for him, I didn't give a crap and still shipped them anyway. I prefer their relationship over Fox and Krystal's. And like them both as individual characters more as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom