• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Ronda is just a bad choice all around even beyond her being a TERF and a sandy hook truther.

I can't believe a group of people sat down, watched her WWE promos and went "yeah this is who we should get to voice act our character."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*They hype up a transphobic ********
foolish fool, that’s where you’re wrong...they hyped up The Man’s *****
B608D05C-A65F-4CA5-9AE4-E9F8D4E80F5E.jpeg
I can't believe a group of people sat down, watched her WWE promos and went "yeah this is who we should get to voice act our character."
tbf, they couldn’t get The Man or The Queen to play Sonya for them...so they went with Ronda...obviously

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine a MK character voiced by Becky Lynch instead.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Now I’m pretty pissed.

I got xenoblade two for Christmas and hadn’t even open it yet. I’m leaving on a plane today and wanted to bring it. Only for me to find out someone has opened the case and taken the ****ing game and it’s missing now.

I shouldn’t have to go and buy another copy nor should I have to or ****ing switch games under lock and key.
Whoever did that should know better than to touch something that isn’t theres.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine a MK character voiced by Becky Lynch instead.
She’s practically a badlass murderer anyways, so The Man being in Mortal Kombat wouldn’t be hard to imagine

D

Deleted member

Wait who?
Ronda Rousey. Which I never even knew about until now, but not surprised considering how the fighting scene is on those matters.

I'm just excited to see Baraka, Scarlet, and apparently Noob.(I mean, clearly Soulnados aren't lethal to ninja wraiths.)

Geras looks cool too, I like how his moveset for the most part seems like something that could be in a classic MK game.

I just hope to see other ninjas like Noob, Rain, Reptile, Ermac, and hell even Tremor, he's pretty awesome and could be made even more badass if Scarlet is anything to go by. Erron Black would be cool to see again too.

I know it's not likely, but since Raiden's sort of a villain I hope we get at least a few character chapters from the outworld characters. Usually they job pretty hard in story mode because they never get any chapters of their own. I know Kotal Kahn's got to be back at least. But we'll see.

Ronda is just a bad choice all around even beyond her being a TERF and a sandy hook truther.

More about name recognition than talent in their minds I'd imagine. But yeah, even then she's pretty controversial anyway. I'm not much of a Sonya guy anyway, so I don't really mind too much. Though her voice does stick out like a sore thumb, that's a problem with celebrity voice acting in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Celebrities as VAs becomes an annoyance when you start to notice how out of place they are:

-They are just there for the name
-They lack the proper training/discipline of a dedicated VA
-Don't know how to modulate and work with their voice and just sound like a louder version of themselves
-They never reprise their characters outside of movies/big productions (which is good as they get replaced by a true VA in lets say: a TV adaptation)
-In dubbed movies they see a celebrity doing a voice and they decide to grab a local celebrity to keep the attractiveness of the production.
-They probably get big bucks despite doing a less than decent job.

/rant

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wait, that wasn't Noob, that was Kabal. LMAO The aura threw me off.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Celebrities as VAs becomes an annoyance when you start to notice how out of place they are:

-They are just there for the name
-They lack the proper training/discipline of a dedicated VA
-Don't know how to modulate and work with their voice and just sound like a louder version of themselves
-They never reprise their characters outside of movies/big productions (which is good as they get replaced by a true VA in lets say: a TV adaptation)
-In dubbed movies they see a celebrity doing a voice and they decide to grab a local celebrity to keep the attractiveness of the production.
-They probably get big bucks despite doing a less than decent job.

/rant
The only times these are excusable are when the celebrity voice actor is ****ing amazing in the role they’re playing (to the point where that role becomes one of their best roles)

D

Deleted member

Where was Kabal shown off?
He's the thing that ran past really fast during the talk. Everyone thought it was noob because of the aura. But if you pause it, it seems to definitely be Kabal. Which makes more sense considering the whole running thing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He's the thing that ran past really fast during the talk. Everyone thought it was noob because of the aura. But if you pause it, it seems to definitely be Kabal. Which makes more sense considering the whole running thing.
Was that when they were talking about the Kollector Edition?

D

Deleted member

Was that when they were talking about the Kollector Edition?
Yes. That's when he was revealed. So they're probably going to talk about him and some other characters on the 30th.

I'm glad to see Kabal back though. He's one of my favorite non-ninja characters for sure.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yes. That's when he was revealed. So they're probably going to talk about him and some other characters on the 30th.

I'm glad to see Kabal back though. He's one of my favorite non-ninja characters for sure.
Yeah I found that part looking back on the stream (had to play the video on slo-mo to see it). That was the most stealth confirm ever lol.

Looks like they're going all in on bringing characters who missed their chance in MKX. Hopefully Jax, Mileena, and Quan Chi still make it in somehow. And especially my man Johnny. If Sonya's in Johnny has to be in as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah I found that part looking back on the stream (had to play the video on slo-mo to see it). That was the most stealth confirm ever lol.

Looks like they're going all in on bringing characters who missed their chance in MKX. Hopefully Jax, Mileena, and Quan Chi still make it in somehow. And especially my man Johnny. If Sonya's in Johnny has to be in as well.
Ronda did talk about how she can’t wait to see Johnny, so he has to join

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ronda did talk about how she can’t wait to see Johnny, so he has to join
Yeah and his VA hinted at his return as did Boon himself. I figure we'll see him on the 30th along with Kabal.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Looks like there's going to be 25 characters in total (26 including the pre-order bonus of Shao Kahn). Was hoping for 30 but it is what it is.
So when's Mokap?

:upsidedown:
The final boss obv.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah and his VA hinted at his return as did Boon himself. I figure we'll see him on the 30th along with Kabal.
Plus, they’d be foolish to cut one of their most popular characters in the entire series

D

Deleted member

I find it funny that Noob and Smoke are so popular nowadays. Because initially Noob was just a joke character, though he did have his own really weird moveset in UMK3.(Was still kind of cool though.) And Smoke was just better Scorpion. They were pretty awesome as a pair in deception though. I remember since I started playing MK games at a friend's house I was dissapointed Reptile wasn't in Deception, but Noob-Smoke(and Ermac) made up for it. Then MK9 made them pretty awesome too.

Anyway, I'm quite curious to see what the rest of the roster is like. Kung Lao's in, so I would be very surprised if Reptile wasn't.(After all, I don't think that spanish voice actor wouldn't complain about him not voiceing Reptile if Reptile was just absent rather than that voice actor being replaced.)

I can't wait to see his variations. Because although I did like the primary and secondary costume he had in MKX. There was a lot of concept art for him that looked pretty badass that would be awesome for variations.

Speaking of which, even if they're in the game I want to make variations for Scorpion. One that's green called Reptile and one that's grey called Smoke. Just for reference sake. LMAO

D

Deleted member

I'll care about Mortal Kombat when they get good character animations and an appealing artstyle which will be never. I like the gameplay but good god it's so boring to play because everything feels so dull so I'd rather play an anime fighter I have no idea of how it works because at least it'll have style and be flashy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll care about Mortal Kombat when they get good character animations and an appealing artstyle which will be never. I like the gameplay but good god it's so boring to play because everything feels so dull so I'd rather play an anime fighter I have no idea of how it works because at least it'll have style and be flashy.

Now I want an anime styled MK game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom