• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
*anxiously anticipating Fire Emblem Heroes release*

What ever happened to Animal Crossing btw???

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm now playing Yakuza 0.

A new journey into a world I don't understand

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People on my facebook talking about how good it is to start punching Nazi's...

Not realizing all they are really doing is labelling anyone they don't like as a Nazi to justify violence against them.

It's specifically a girl my friends wanted me to date. And wondered why I wasn't interested in her

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*anxiously anticipating Fire Emblem Heroes release*

Animal Crossing has been delayed again. It's April at earliest now. It's still in the works though. They're planning on having it and one or two other mobile games out by March 2018.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've noticed that certain MGTOW do have some points that make sense. Really they seem to want men to be able to learn to live for themselves and raise their self esteem and not base their self worth on female validation.
I think that's good advice for anybo-
But then they start talking about all male utopia's and companion robots
wut

Just wut

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They delayed the app to next fiscal year I believe. Thats what I read. I just delayed it to next year
wut

Just wut
Humans are dumb. All girls think they can live in an all girl world
Boys think they can live in an all boy worlds.

I dont think anyone thinks when they talk about this "utopia" stuff

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
MGTOW was probably founded by some dude who wishes he dated more in high school.

I mean, come on guys. You're overthinking the problem.

D

Deleted member

I watch a lot of different videos on youtube, many of which have opinions I don't really agree with.

I've noticed that certain MGTOW do have some points that make sense. Really they seem to want men to be able to learn to live for themselves and raise their self esteem and not base their self worth on female validation.

But then they start talking about all male utopia's and companion robots
MGTOW is the male equivalent to Feminism. Or was it radFem?

I can't remember, but gender identity politics in general are dumb. Yeah, they raise a lot of good points, like feminism does, but like feminism, it also comes with a victim complex of dudes who have been estranged by or hurt by the opposite sex. It's not a healthy state of mind. Egalitarianism is the way to go.

Wait, it was MRA = Feminism, and MGTOW =radFem. That's what it was. MGTOW is the one that says that men don't need women, right? And it's got a hint of misogyny the same way radFem is slightly misandrous. It's like a spectrum really. The further down you go, the more you wind up disliking/resenting the opposite sex.

Anyway, I get where they're coming from, I understand how those men arrived at that point, but it's not a healthy state of mind, and it's absurd to think you don't need the opposite sex. Still, it's a counterbalance to feminism, or rather, it's BECAUSE of feminism that these groups have cropped up. The scale in the western world is indeed tipped in the favor of women, and this is a sort of pushback to it. Still, they're awfully misguided. Like I said, it comes with a victim complex, just like feminism does. And it's a means for people to try and make themselves feel better rather than a means to fix the world for others. That's why I push for egalitarianism, because I accept that there is indeed inequality in the world, for all sorts of people, and I believe that everyone should have equal rights and opportunity regardless of gender, race, religion, sexuality, etc... but that's it. Trying to skew things in favor of others is disregarding the needs of the opposite group, and trying to come up with crazy conspiracies about patriarchies or other "oppressive" groups or whatever to rationalize certain movements just makes things more troublesome and complicated overall. Equal rights and opportunities for everyone, from there on, it's a meritocracy. That's how I see it. You need to accept the difference between genders and races, and such, and embrace them, not try to make everyone homogeneous.

Anyway, me and my buddy have talked about this quite a lot, cause we see it quite often. MTGOW, MRA, and so forth, are what happens when a guy is "red pilled" about women, but is unable to change his situation with them. Not sure if I ever posted my Chad vs. Steve analogy here, but in short, there's a reason 90% of women are sleeping with the 10% of men. A guy who is good with the opposite sex, is well aware of the feminine nature, and all it encompasses, and all the things girls can and WILL do to you, but is able properly manage things, and keep his girl in check, etc... A guy who can't but becomes aware of all these things, kinda sees the truth of things, and is helpless to do anything about it, and thus, develops a victim complex, and turns to the male equivalent of feminism.

I imagine it's the same thing on the opposite side of things as well. A lot of girls that are vocal feminists are likely girls who have been hurt or damaged by the opposite sex and such, and developed a victim complex, turning to this movement to feel empowered and such. Because that's what it really is at the end of the day. Oh, and male feminists? They're just white knights who wanna get laid and think pandering to women is the answer.

This is why self development and self improvement are important, and why socializing with the opposite sex is key to development of a person. Both genders are very different from each other, and we THINK differently too. In order to understand the opposite sex and how (in this case) girls think, you need to spend a lot of time with them, get to know them, open up to them, etc... This means dating (and yes, ****ing) a lot. As a man, if you don't do this, I guarantee you'll wind up getting seriously hurt sooner or later (read: cucked).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

MGTOW was probably founded by some dude who wishes he dated more in high school.

I mean, come on guys. You're overthinking the problem.
And its members are probably the same people who use words like "cuck" and "autism" as insults

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And its members are probably the same people who use words like "cuck" and "autism" as insults
All I know is that it ain't good for man to be alone.

People need people, including the opposite sex.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Eh, could have been better.

But a mile better than the cringeworthy Fever dubs.
Draco, sounds a bit too womanly when she was far from mature in canon.

Sig is so deadpan that it's hilarious, Amitie is an improvement, and I couldn't catch the others' voices.

But I'll let Champ Gold Champ Gold and @Wario Bros. be a judge of this.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm always a very quiet person, whether on here or irl.
But it's always good to just have a nice chat with someone.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They delayed the app to next fiscal year I believe. Thats what I read. I just delayed it to next year

Humans are dumb. All girls think they can live in an all girl world
Boys think they can live in an all boy worlds.

I dont think anyone thinks when they talk about this "utopia" stuff
Humanity has two genders for a reason, and it's not for the sake of hurting each others' feelings by existing.

If men and women were in their own little worlds, they'd start having genetics issues from SOME way of messing up and they'd both crumble apart from arguing with each other regardless of whether the other gender was there or not.

I couldn't live in a dudeland of that type for countless obvious reasons, but I don't wanna live in a world of awful lipstick colors and so many rules about social conduct that I might get Ministry of Smiles'd or whatever by accident either. I'd rather live in a world full of sane people of both genders.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Draco, sounds a bit too womanly when she was far from mature in canon.

Sig is so deadpan that it's hilarious, Amitie is an improvement, and I couldn't catch the others' voices.

But I'll let Champ Gold Champ Gold and @Wario Bros. be a judge of this.
It's hard to tell which is which but it's fine.

Still wish Shezo was voiced by Johnny Young Bosch going over the top with it.

I use cuck and autism as insults all the time :p and I think MGTOW is dumb.
Cuck is stupid because it supports a terrible fetish and lifestyle.

NTR and I hate that I gotta be associated with it because I'm black.

I'm a vanilla romantic guy damn it. NTR supports fidelity which as a Christian is something that is looked down on

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm a vanilla romantic guy damn it. NTR supports fidelity which as a Christian is something that is looked down on
Note to self.

Never google NTR.

D

Deleted member

LOL, is there a feminist version of PUA's?
Is there?

Sex comes a lot easier to girls. They just have to look pretty tbh, especially with how thirsty most guys are today. Hence the ****ty lock/master key analogy. Being consistently good at getting laid with attractive girls, as a guy, comes with a lot of social intelligence. What girls ACTUALLY struggle with is retaining relationships. Because the guys they find attractive typically don't wanna stick around, and well, they don't want the white knights and betas who put them on a pedestal.

That said, my sister was reading a book the other day about "why guys love bad *******" lol.

It's funny, at the end of the day, the principles of Pick Up (self development, valuing yourself, being charismatic, having standards, etc...) all apply for both genders. **** like neediness is massively unattractive, period. It's a huge boner killer for me when a girl is being excessively nice to me. However, and I should say this after two years of following the PUA community. PUAs are also lost. Like, they "get it" but in many ways, they also don't. They become too focused on "game game game game" and going out, and all that, that they kinda lose their way.

Man, me and Che met so many crazy PUA dudes over these last two years. Like, you can count on them to be good wingmen, but... they just don't GET it. And girls do notice this.

They lose touch with women. Like, I have never felt more out of touch with the opposite sex than when I started to do PUA more seriously. I think a lot of the key principles, and the self-development are GOLDEN. But, really, just talk to lots of girls and stuff, eventually you'll just "get" it. PUA has a problem in that there's a lot of falsehood to veil insecurity.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Forget this MGTOW/MRA/Red Pill bull **** and let's talk about what we had/plan to have for dinner!
I'm gonna make a mean plate of Fettucini Alfredo w/ Chicken

It's hard to tell which is which but it's fine.

Still wish Shezo was voiced by Johnny Young Bosch going over the top with it.

I mean if everyone is consenting I don't think it's that much of an issue, but what do I know, I'm not into it.

edit: WEW LAD! I don't think this is the sort of topic we should be discussing here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that at least you're not Anthony Burch.

Note to self.

Never google NTR.
Did you just now learn about NTR man? Haha, wow.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
People on my facebook talking about how good it is to start punching Nazi's...

Not realizing all they are really doing is labelling anyone they don't like as a Nazi to justify violence against them.

It's specifically a girl my friends wanted me to date. And wondered why I wasn't interested in her
All I did was I respond to a tweet that supported punching Nazis with "I'm a Nazi. Fight me." :laugh:

----

Mod Edit: Image removed for dodging the censors.
Edit: Ah. Forgot about censor dodging. Sorry.

Attachments

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All I did was I respond to a tweet that supported punching Nazis with "I'm a Nazi. Fight me." :laugh:

----
Even as a joke.

Identifying as a Nazi is a stupid thing to do.

I'm sorry, but even most Nazi's avoid that.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Forget this MGTOW/MRA/Red Pill bull **** and let's talk about what we had/plan to have for dinner!
I'm gonna make a mean plate of Fettucini Alfredo w/ Chicken

I mean if everyone is consenting I don't think it's that much of an issue, but what do I know, I'm not into it.

edit: WEW LAD! I don't think this is the sort of topic we should be discussing here.

Probably going to make myself some popcorn for dindin.

----
Looks like you were trying to provoke a response there. Nice cuss word there by the way.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Only four weeks left until Dr. Stone is released.

This is one shonen I've been looking forward to for a long time. Eyeshield 21 was a masterpiece, so I'm hoping this sci-fi adventure series is just as good.

D

Deleted member

Oh, **** me
So, you know the Red Card trainer on Route 3? I entered the battle with him WITHOUT healing the only Pokemon I have that resists Stealth Rock(my Mankey has 9HP currently) and the RC forced Butterfree to switch in after his Rockruff put up the SR
So now, thanks to Bite flinches and SR, I have a dead Zubat, a 1HP Rattata, a Wingull with 1/4 of HP and the Butterfree with 1/2 of her HP.
It's even worse because I calculated ans the Zubat could have survived two Bites(one from the switch and the other from the fast af Ruff) and the SR damage but guess what happened on the second?
So, if Litten, who is my only Pokemon who CAN survive SR and Bite can't one-shot it with Fire Fang or Ember, I'm gonna get wiped out.
Question: can a 34HP Mankey with 9HP and 17 Def survive SR and a Bite from a Lv13 Rockruff?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D

Deleted member

Question: can a 34HP Mankey with 9HP and 17 Def survive SR and a Bite from a Lv13 Rockruff?
Answer is: likely no
Even if the Rockruff has 0 IVs and EVs on Atk
Though it could be possible if it has a hindering Atk nature and a low roll happens, and assuming no flinch happens
New question: should I face the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom