• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that was an interesting video, to say the least. Maybe it's just me, but ultimately it feels kinda of moot to pirate Nintendo's library. For me, there's no major political statement to come from deciding to illegally download games from a company. No matter what they do, my life will keep on going and my world will keep on turning. To be fair, I'm just a silly American who has not been personally slighted by Nintendo in any way. So I have no real stake on the matter.

If you're down for pirating Nintendo's library, I'm not going to stop anyone, especially if you're from a region where the games are hard to access.

I'm never been one to have extreme opinions about video game companies anyway, negative or otherwise. So take my two cents on the matter however you will.
I agree, honestly I had pirated or play Nintendo games on a bootleg cartridges. I also remember back then GBA stimulators on the Windows were pretty popular. I remember I used to see my brother or sister play Pokemon Emerald on our PC, you can fast skip, rewind, save anywhere etc. I also remember I play on a PSP like-gadget made from a Chinese company, and I play Mario Super Star Saga, Sonic Battle on it. Unfortunately it end up broken. And let's not forget how many games I have downloaded and put in to my R4 cards. Man I have so many terrible track record...
But it's only recent that stop playing pirated Nintendo games intentionally. I may still play unofficial GBA cartridges, but I won't play them just because Nintendo's bad decisions they made when it comes to games.
But really, region lock is damn crap...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I agree, honestly I had pirated or play Nintendo games on a bootleg cartridges. I also remember back then GBA stimulators on the Windows were pretty popular. I remember I used to see my brother or sister play Pokemon Emerald on our PC, you can fast skip, rewind, save anywhere etc. I also remember I play on a PSP like-gadget made from a Chinese company, and I play Mario Super Star Saga, Sonic Battle on it. Unfortunately it end up broken. And let's not forget how many games I have downloaded and put in to my R4 cards. Man I have so many terrible track record...
But it's only recent that stop playing pirated Nintendo games intentionally. I may still play unofficial GBA cartridges, but I won't play them just because Nintendo's bad decisions they made when it comes to games.
But really, region lock is damn crap...

As legally iffy as emulation/piracy can be, it was benefits to gaming as a whole. For one, it always certain regions access to games they would not have access to anyway. Secondly, it helps to preserve and archive games in general, especially if gaming companies neglect to preserve their own works for historical purposes. Certain games become so rare and absurdly pricey that I would not discourage any sort of emulation of those titles.

Current games that are easily accessible are off limits, in my mind. If you really want it, just want a bit so you support the makes of the game (if you so choose). Again I can't really stop anyone from pirating/emulating anything. But those are my thoughts on the matter.

In other news: great news for PC owners waiting for Nier Automata!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's more of "You pretended yo were going to give my dog a treat, so I gave yours 3 chocolate bars"

The biggest issue is again, how the gaming industry has no ****ing clue how to combat piracy. They did **** like DRM to prevent it, and what happened? People could pirate it just fine, but peoplewho bought legitimate copies got screwed over. Look at Netflix. For 8 bucks a month you can watch all the shows and movies available. And Itunes, buy a song for what? 1 buck each? Those 2 are very successful because they combated piracy with convenience. If Nintendo doesn't want people pirating Gamecube games for example, what should they do? Make them easy for customers to get so that the people who want to play it go out of their way to buy it
Online game service like Steam might one of the solution.
Piracy is bad, but to some extent it's really up to people. I'm pretty sure almost everyone have at least download music on the Internet once and play a piracy game once.
Nintendo is terrible at PR. The way they approach fan created content basically gives the vibe that they do not trust their fans at all, which paints the company in a unsympathetic light.

I don't mean their current console when it comes to convenient, it already mostly is. I mean things like Virtual Console and eShop. I'm pretty sure NES games and SNES games can be priced much lower than what they are asking for. Because they can competing with sites which offer them for free. You adapt, or you lose.

Speaking for myself, I only really started to dislike them as a company when I was at the receiving end of region locking multiple times.
Pokémon Generations? Nope.
Fire Emblem Heroes? Nope.
3DS eshop? Nope.

I said screw it and suddenly I have hundreds of games available to play now.

Simply put, if Nintendo is making it harder for you to buy a game, it does not have the right to say that it is losing sales due to you pirating the game.
Heh, I already admit Nintendo is doing dumb actions. But they still haven't screw me over anything yet, so I won't dislike them or what. And giving that how awful Nintendo try to market in Taiwan, they seem to getting more and more relevant in Taiwan gaming community, only Nintendo game IP most Taiwanese known are only Mario and Pokemon. It was only lat year that Pokemon really start to boom in our mainstream community with Pokemon GO.

I just hope they can start focusing in the Chinese market, and seems that they are trying. Just not good enough.
As legally iffy as emulation/piracy can be, it was benefits to gaming as a whole. For one, it always certain regions access to games they would not have access to anyway. Secondly, it helps to preserve and archive games in general, especially if gaming companies neglect to preserve their own works for historical purposes. Certain games become so rare and absurdly pricey that I would not discourage any sort of emulation of those titles.

Current games that are easily accessible are off limits, in my mind. If you really want it, just want a bit so you support the makes of the game (if you so choose). Again I can't really stop anyone from pirating/emulating anything. But those are my thoughts on the matter.

In other news: great news for PC owners waiting for Nier Automata!

To some extent, you are right, but on the other hand downloading those game files on some websites might get trojan or virus. That's also a thing I was afraid when try to download some of those games. Some Chinese websites, can be a bit dangerous...

And I am gonna go and make a Steam account ASAP.
I am still hoping for this game to come to Switch though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

It's Kalos time! Vote for either Delphox, Chestnaught, Yveltal, or Mucha Hawlucha.

This one's going to be good.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To no one's surprise, @Chandeelure won. But I love that crazy ghost chandelier.

It's Kalos time! Vote for either Delphox, Chestnaught, Yveltal, or Mucha Hawlucha.

This one's going to be good.
My mind says "Chestnaught", but my body is telling me "Hawlucha".

This will have to go to a Pokémon deserved to be in Pokken since Day 1.

D

Deleted member

I keep forgetting to ask and now the avi is gone but AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 from where did your last avatar come from?
Also, asking the same to Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan because I'm curious about his current one too
It's subtle enough to get past the radar though, wouldn't you say?
I mean, Getting Crap Past the Radar and being sublt about it aren't exactpy the same thing
10 minutes
10 ****ing minutes left till I can say they are late
So, was it late?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I keep forgetting to ask and now the avi is gone but AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 from where did your last avatar come from?
Also, asking the same to Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan because I'm curious about his current one too.
My old avatar was Pixiv fanart from a manga called Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitibe Dance Club.

It's a 93 chapter long series that was cancelled from Shonen Jump last week. It's a cute, funny feel good manga.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@Shishœ My avatar is Yomi from the Senran Kagura series.

She's a rather entertaining and strong character. Easily one of the most popular characters in the series despite some denial from those hating the bean sprout queen (ironically, she's poor and hates anyone richer than her).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm learning how to play Bravely Default. So far so good.

First impressions.
  • The music is incredible.
  • Having all characters join the party near the start was a good idea imo. Prevents imbalance later on, especially for players who like to grind.
  • Having to buy scrolls to learn spells did catch me off guard.
  • The "Brave" ability is easy to get carried away with. :laugh:
I'm having fun so far. The opening cutscene was enough to blow my mind tbh.

D

Deleted member

Friend: "Perfect speedruns don't exi--"
Me:
Screenshot_2017-02-21-13-05-04-1.png

Friend: "Holy ****!"
I dont think you can be subtle and slip past the radar at the same time
Well, you can
But it's gonna be less noticeable
Getting Crap Past the Radar is putting stuff in that, if used straight, would never go past the moral guardians but it's done in a way that the main target audience won't even realise it's there.
It can be subtle, but that'd be more of YMMV due to the nature of the trope

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Me:
View attachment 126361

Well, you can
Getting Crap Past the Radar is putting stuff in that, if used straight, would never go past the moral guardians but it's done in a way that the main target audience won't even realise it's there.
Yeah, Like Niles got tons of **** past the radar but he sure wasnt subtle

First impressions.
  • Having all characters join the party near the start was a good idea imo. Prevents imbalance later on, especially for players who like to grind.
YES YES YES Fal you are playing all my favorite games. You will love Ringabel. if not in the begining of the game then you will like him toword the end. god I love him

Also the Music is made by the AoTs op creator

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was watching stuff about Berserk and out of nowhere, Jim Sterling release a video about the new Berserk game.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Like Niles got tons of **** past the radar but he sure wasnt subtle

YES YES YES Fal you are playing all my favorite games. You will love Ringabel. if not in the begining of the game then you will like him toword the end. god I love him

Also the Music us made by the AoT music creator
That didn't get past the radar at all
What it's supposed to mean is very clear
So let me get this straight,
You just failed step one

D

Deleted member

Me:
View attachment 126361

Well, you can
Speaking of speed runs.
When you beat a game that takes several hours normally in less time then it takes the credits to finish. :^ )

D

Deleted member

So let me get this straight, Marco Diaz is trans?

Though I haven't watched past the first season.
Nope, or at least nothing that I've heard of officially. He just cross dresses. But to a lot of people, adrogynous/crossdressing equates to trans for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

First impressions.
I have already bought the game like a year ago, still haven't finish it because of other stuff, and mostly because of me playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
The music when you use SP is probably one of the best, I haven't play the game too much, so I might change my opinion once I finish the game.
I mostly go all out when dealing with normal monsters, it may be a bit of time consuming when setting it up but glad that you can fast wind the battle animation, you can also change the text and voice language which is a feature you don't usually see on the 3DS.

Also the Music us made by the AoT music creator
I personally like Edea more, her "Mrrrgrrr..." is so cute.
Only the anime's OP soundtrack "Jiyū e no Shingeki" , most of the AoT soundtracks were composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, who composed the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtracks as well. He is my current most favorite anime music composer.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I personally like Edea more, her "Mrrrgrrr..." is so cute.
Only the anime's OP soundtrack "Jiyū e no Shingeki" , most of the soundtracks were composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, who composed the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtracks as well. He is my current most favorite anime music composer.
But what about Edea and Ringabels "Fasionablahhhh"?
Actually, the composer is Revo who did the openings for AoT Thats what I meant pfff

Im not reading right today, sorry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope, or at least nothing that I've heard of officially. He just cross dresses. But to a lot of people, adrogynous/crossdressing equates to trans for some reason.
How to know if someone isn't watching S2 101
No, seriously, watch it, it's basically in your face

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But what about Edea and Ringabels "Fasionablahhhh"?
Actually, the composer is Revo
That's right, Revo is the leader of Sound Horizon, the musical group that is lead by Revo and has many vocals. Now it's often called Linked Horizon, or simply just Revo.

Edit: I should have wait for your comment to be completed... sorry.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's right, Revo is the leader of Sound Horizon, the musical group that is lead by Revo and has many vocals. Now it's often called Linked Horizon, or simply just Revo.
I must be reading wrong PFF I thought you said the Composer for BD was Hiroyuki Sawano and I didnt know you were talking about AoT :079:

But yeah, Revo did a good job on BD:FF and Ryo did just as good in BS:EL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom