• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Uh. . .Nintendo of America just retweeted this.

Wha. . .?

There's something really soulless in those eyes. Stare too long and you may lose yourself there.

Can't believe Marvel made it to EVO instead of the game I'm sure everyone on this forum wanted:

nIDHOGG
I'm sure people were CLAMORING for the return of MK X on the EVO big stage...

mk x best k x.png

Oh wait. Never mind then.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
WE DID IT!
upload_2017-2-10_17-24-29.png

I never thought my life could be
Anything but catastrophe
But suddenly I begin to see
A bit of good luck for me
'Cause I've got a golden weapon
I've got a golden twinkle in my eye
I never had a chance to shine
Never a happy song to sing
But suddenly half the world is mine
What an amazing thing
'Cause I've got a golden weapon​

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've seen the gameplay on Polygon already. The areas feel too thight because of how short and fat the chibi models are and the gameplay is too freaking slow.

Sounds like another Federation Force to me.
Wow, that IS slow.

At least there's no sign of home ports or localization.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's something really soulless in those eyes. Stare too long and you may lose yourself there.
Considering it's a mascot costume, they're actually lucky they managed to get as much soul into it as they did.

I've seen worse, TBH.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can you get him through summons cos I'm not high enough level to even have a chance lmao.
Nope, sorry. Only through the special map. I think the whole point of these special boss maps is to offer characters you can't get through summoning (not the ones that have been going so far with Felicia and Lissa and such, you can get them through summons).

Thanks, I'll actually try this...whenever my Level 10+ team that has Nino trains up enough.
I should maybe point out that in that screenshot, I had used Corrin to lure the boss out first. Though if Nino's Res is high enough, you can just park her in that spot on your turn, and on the enemy phase the boss will come and commit suicide off of her anyway.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nope, sorry. Only through the special map. I think the whole point of these special boss maps is to offer characters you can't get through summoning (not the ones that have been going so far with Felicia and Lissa and such, you can get them through summons).

I should maybe point out that in that screenshot, I had used Corrin to lure the boss out first. Though if Nino's Res is high enough, you can just park her in that spot on your turn, and on the enemy phase the boss will come and commit suicide off of her anyway.
*erases memory of that character existing*

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bomberman Act Zero is Metroid Other M and Bomber Girl is Metroid Prime Federation Force.

You can't deny the similarities.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Bomberman Act Zero is Metroid Other M and Bomber Girl is Metroid Prime Federation Force.

sure i can other m wasnt a reboot it was a retcon of the metroid series making the prime series non cannon, and federation force was the first metroid game in years as opposed to bombergirl which was announced after a new main title had already been given a release at the launch of a new system

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So Bombergirl will be pretty good?

These are terrible comparisons for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It could be, it's just going to be an exploitation game.

There are good exploitation movies

Edit: I guess it would be SEXploitation

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I figured you would say this.

Both have slow paced gameplay compared to their predescors, a drastic change in style compared to the others (Chibi is still not a good fit for Metroid one way or just like anime doesn't fit Bomberman), and the reactions are just the same (R.I.P. Bomberman/Metroid).

Still, Federation Force is still less slow and pandering as Bomber Girl.

As for Act Zero and Other M, they are widely considered the worst games in both franchises. I give credit on Other M having some redeeming qualities (Remember me?), while Act Zero has none at all.

D

Deleted member

You CAN get Narcian in Heroes through summoning
I remember seeing a screenshot on Tumblr some days after the game was released

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Both have slow paced gameplay compared to their predescors, a drastic change in style compared to the others (Chibi is still not a good fit for Metroid one way or just like anime doesn't fit Bomberman), and the reactions are just the same (R.I.P. Bomberman/Metroid).

As for Act Zero and Other M, they are widely considered the worst games in both franchises. I give credit on Other M having some redeeming qualities (Remember me?), while Act Zero has none at all.
again you ignore the fact Super Bomberman R exists also "anime dosent fit bomberman? tell that to the bomberman anime

that was from the direct

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
again you ignore the fact Super Bomberman R exists also "anime dosent fit bomberman? tell that to the bomberman anime
So doesn't boobs and here we are with this game.

If a similar game happened for Metroid, I bet no one other than otaku would touch it with a 25 foot pole.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, at least Super Bomber Man R is coming out to soften people's reactions. If a brand new, full on metroid game were to come out people wouldn't be nearly as pissed about Federation Force and just see it as a small spin off.

that was from the direct
I think he means the Moe style. I mean, Bomberman is cartoon-like and all anime is just Japanese animation, so naturally a bomberman anime would be fine.

Why is it called Moe anyway? That sounds pretty ugly. It reminds me of the Simpsons Moe and The Three Stooges Moe. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So a preview of Kolin's theme was released.

What do you think?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The current temperature in my city is 86ºF/30ºC... on winter. :denzel:
83 F over where I'm at. Winter is a foreign concept around these parts.
Luckily this winter it was raining and such, and it's been foggy as of recently. I love it. Last winter was just like how the temperature usually is, over 80 degrees sometimes reaching 100.
avi_peeking_post.png
My local forecast is calling for 57 F with a 25% chance of **** the lot of you toasty people.

Chrono.

There are two huge takeaways with Bomber Girl:
- It's arcade exclusive (again, at the moment, but it's doubtful it leaves the arcades any time soon)
- Super R is gonna be a thing

All in all, it's a pretty inoffensive spinoff in my eyes (even if I don't like how extreme the battle damage is).

So a preview of Kolin's theme was released.

What do you think?
Definitely doesn't feel like fighting music.

Then again they can't all be Ice Place.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
can you repeat that in english?
Sex appeal doesn't fit Bomberman at all.

Sure the characters can be cute, but they were never meant to be sexy. Even the Bombers have so little R34 compared to the countless franchises out there because they can be sexy enough to a large audience.

If a hypersexual Metroid spinofff that is published by Nintendo exists, only otaku would supprt it while the hardcore audience speaks with their wallet like with Federation Force (which bombed despite being good in some folks eyes). I'm not afraid to admit that Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were commercial failures too.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
He's not listed anywhere in the game's list of summonable characters, though, which is what I was looking at. Are you sure that screenshot wasn't of an enemy Narcian, or some promotional image or something?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

bit too slow paced for my liking
I was going to jokingly say "just speed it up to 1.5 speed" but it actually does sound better that way. :p Well, if it didn't loop so fast anyway and was made to be that pace is what I mean.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was going to jokingly say "just speed it up to 1.5 speed" but it actually does sound better that way. :p Well, if it didn't loop so fast anyway and was made to be that pace is what I mean.
To be fair, its just a preview.

The actual loop will be much longer as we only hear a fraction of the song.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If a hypersexual Metroid spinofff that is published by Nintendo exists, only otaku would supprt it while the hardcore audience speaks with their wallet like with Federation Force (which bombed despite being good in some folks eyes). I'm not afraid to admit that Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were commercial failures too.
Same fate will happen with Ever Oasis because Nintendo choses to heavily market Arms more than it.

Sad, but it's the hard truth unless they market it more this year.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Sex appeal doesn't fit Bomberman at all.

Sure the characters can be cute, but they were never meant to be sexy. Even the Bombers have so little R34 compared to the countless franchises out there because they can be sexy enough to a large audience.

if nintendo made a hypersexual metroid people would buy it on the sheer fact it was a hyper sexual game made by nintendo

Chrono.

SFV themes are kinda hit and miss.

I generally like the stage themes more than the character themes, which was the complete opposite of how I felt with SF4. lol

Chrono.

if nintendo made a hypersexual metroid people would buy it on the sheer fact it was a hyper sexual game made by nintendo
Honestly, with the amount of people whining about censorship and asking for boobs, it's hard to argue this.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Except that ignores quite a bit about the backgrounds of those four games and just equates both groups on one similarity.

With Other M, it wasn't meant to be a loose reboot to cash in on a fleeting crowd, at that point in time Metroid was in a fine position and there was very little worry about its future, so the game was made to continue that success. With that in mind, they went with a more story driven game that would bring the backstory of Samus and those around her to light, and thus had every intention of properly expanding on the game series in a way they felt would help it grow rather then take a couple cues and sell it as a knockoff. Additionally, the reason why it failed was because the game lacked a professional writer and Sakamoto didn't bounce his ideas (story or gameplay-wise) off of anyone to iron out any issues or problems that would arise with it, so the game ended up being good ideas hobbled by lackluster execution rather then terrible ideas coupled with terrible execution like with Act Zero. If anything, Other M bares more similarities with something like Star Fox Zero as both are games that had good ideas and intentions that were hobbled by how they were used.

With Federation Force, the biggest issue it had was timing, not exploitation. The idea of it, which is a game that expands on the mythos of a major organization within the Metroid Universe, is fine and actually had a lot of potential, but since it came off after a long hiatus for the franchise, it just added to the bitterness of most fans since it wasn't the game that was wanted after having the franchise spend so long in the shadows beforehand. If you were to release it around a game like Prime 3, most would just shrug it off as a cute spinoff at worst, but since it came out after Other M, it came off much more poorly as a result. With Bombergirl, while both do come off of a hiatus (unless you count Bomberman R), the intent doe not seem to be one meant to add anything to Bomberman as a series, it's pandering as a way to cash in on the name only. So it's not really an apt comparison once you break down both games, one did have good intentions, one seems to just be a cash-in, and the only similarity is that the fanbase is thinking the worst of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom