• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As long as my steak isn't bleeding and mooing, I'm not fussy....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
well done steaks are nothing more than grey lifeless slabs
Who cooks meat to the point its grey? At least have it looking a nice brown on the inside, but grey?
As long as my steak isn't bleeding and mooing, I'm not fussy....
Mooing steaks make good pets

And I swear I read mooing steaks as mooing snakes and I should be in bed

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*See a Shrek reference in the title*

Alright, what did I miss again?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I should mention I do like onion powder though. Things like sour cream and onion chips, for example, are great.

I enjoy Hawaiian Pizza and can only eat beef that's well done and doesn't have a spot of red. Half the Internet already thinks I'm Culinary Hitler. :p
I'm pretty sure they'd change their mind if they met me. Probably would be considered worse. Not really a fan of onions either and the most notable things I can't stand are:
-Cheese in general. Only when on pizza or a flavoring can I tolerate it.
-Peanut Butter by itself. Once again, only with a couple things, like Reese, do I tolerate it.
-Lasagna

And that's not even hitting the limit of my pickiness.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
French Onion Soup is the best soup ever made, and Root Beer is the best soda.

Pineapple is alright on pizza, and both ketchup AND mustard are acceptable on hot dogs, even at the same time.

Ranch is better than Bleu Cheese as a sauce.

Milk Chocolate is better than Dark and White.

These are the facts of life.

The rules of the universe.

The heart of matter.

The DNA of the soul.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
well done steaks are nothing more than grey lifeless slabs
For years, I used to eat all my steaks well done cause my mom refused to believe anything less was "cooked." Then I hanged out with friends, went to a restaurant and got a steak medium. I didn't even need a ton of steak sauce to keep it juicy and flavorful. It was orgasmic. My mom still insists anything less than "well done" isn't properly cooked, but I've been enlightened, I know, and I will spread the word of the real properly cooked steak.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm pretty sure they'd change their mind if they met me. Probably would be considered worse. Not really a fan of onions either and the most notable things I can't stand are:
-Cheese in general. Only when on pizza or a flavoring can I tolerate it.
-Peanut Butter by itself. Once again, only with a couple things, like Reese, do I tolerate it.
-Lasagna

And that's not even hitting the limit of my pickiness.
French Onion Soup is the best soup ever made, and Root Beer is the best soda.

Pineapple is alright on pizza, and both ketchup AND mustard are acceptable on hot dogs, even at the same time.

Ranch is better than Bleu Cheese as a sauce.

Milk Chocolate is better than Dark and White.

These are the facts of life.

The rules of the universe.

The heart of matter.

The DNA of the soul.
I prefer my food lifeless thank you very much. :p
avi_presenting_scrubs.png

Alright everyone.

Back in the bucket.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So the EVO 2017 registration numbers are out, and there's some interesting details here.
  1. Street Fighter V: 2622
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1515
  3. Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1435
  4. Tekken 7: 1278
  5. Injustice 2: 883
  6. Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2: 827
  7. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 648
  8. BlazBlue: Central Fiction: 499
  9. The King of Fighters XIV: 375
Takeaways:
- SFV's numbers dropped considerably from last year's 5100~ entries.
- However they remain the game with the most entrants.
- Both Melee and Smash 4 also have less entrants than last year, but the loss wasn't as much as SFV's
- Tekken 7 had the biggest increase in entrants from last year. Actually, they're the only returning game from 2016 that got higher entrants. Not surprising given the game is out to the general public now.
- Injustice 2 saw a significant increase in numbers compared to IJ1's last showing which was in 2014
- Xrd REV 2 is another one with less entrants, but the difference is pretty negligible. Curiously enough, this is an updated build of last year's Xrd, but it still wasn't enough to draw more people.
- UMvC drew less numbers as well, despite it winning the donation drive by a large margin. But Marvel has also been drawing less and less for years now.
- Central Fiction is a funny case. BB has been missing from the main stage since 2014 in what was one of the more intense tournaments and folks were looking forward to it's return. It managed to draw less numbers compared to 2014 but the difference is barely there.
- Unsurprisingly, KOFXIV has the lowest entries. It drew higher numbers than KOFXIII in 2014, but once again, the difference is negligible.

Overall, there's far less entries across the board. Pretty much because EVO is expensive as **** and last year was admittedly a bit of a cluster****.
Yeah, a combination of the raised admission and SFV falling flat on its face in Season 2 seem to be what led to these numbers. Though it's telling that Smash 4 has had the second highest turnout all three years it's been there so far.

2018's lineup could be interesting. Depending on how things go, we could see as many as four Nintendo games!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I was watching a friend of mine play FE Fates a few hours ago, and I think almost died cringing when I read Ophelia and Soleil's support conversations.

Seriously, I don't get how people ship this.

So the EVO 2017 registration numbers are out, and there's some interesting details here.
  1. Street Fighter V: 2622
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1515
  3. Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1435
  4. Tekken 7: 1278
  5. Injustice 2: 883
  6. Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2: 827
  7. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 648
  8. BlazBlue: Central Fiction: 499
  9. The King of Fighters XIV: 375
Takeaways:
- SFV's numbers dropped considerably from last year's 5100~ entries.
- However they remain the game with the most entrants.
- Both Melee and Smash 4 also have less entrants than last year, but the loss wasn't as much as SFV's
- Tekken 7 had the biggest increase in entrants from last year. Actually, they're the only returning game from 2016 that got higher entrants. Not surprising given the game is out to the general public now.
- Injustice 2 saw a significant increase in numbers compared to IJ1's last showing which was in 2014
- Xrd REV 2 is another one with less entrants, but the difference is pretty negligible. Curiously enough, this is an updated build of last year's Xrd, but it still wasn't enough to draw more people.
- UMvC drew less numbers as well, despite it winning the donation drive by a large margin. But Marvel has also been drawing less and less for years now.
- Central Fiction is a funny case. BB has been missing from the main stage since 2014 in what was one of the more intense tournaments and folks were looking forward to it's return. It managed to draw less numbers compared to 2014 but the difference is barely there.
- Unsurprisingly, KOFXIV has the lowest entries. It drew higher numbers than KOFXIII in 2014, but once again, the difference is negligible.

Overall, there's far less entries across the board. Pretty much because EVO is expensive as **** and last year was admittedly a bit of a cluster****.
Looking at the list of games, if EVO 2018 is going to have nine games, I can only think of three games possibly being cut in favour of others i.e:

• UMvC3 -> MvC:I
  • KOFXIV -> DBFZ
  • BBCF -> Donation Drive game (I.e Pokken, ARMS, BBCF possibly staying, etc).
Honestly, I have to wonder how the sales turn out for both MvCI and DBFZ. I really hope both sell well, since I plan on getting both.

MvCI on the PC especially, so someone can make a mod that replaces Rocket's new voice with his Marvel 3 one :^)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was watching a friend of mine play FE Fates a few hours ago, and I think almost died cringing when I read Ophelia and Soleil's support conversations.

Like fathers, like daughters? :smirk:

That being said, admittingly, I thought their support chain was good. Well, their B was rather hilarious due to Ophelia not thinking ahead and their A support was nice, simple and it did remind me of how most of Laslow/Inigo's supports start, with them starting with the opposite party focusing and dissing on his flirty nature only to open up to him and see him differently in later supports. I guess in some ways, part of the appeal is "Like father, like child."

In the shipping case? I'm pretty sure it is, "Like fathers, like daughters." Especially when you think how their personalities are just like their fathers.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Soleil becomes unlikable and downright harasses Ophelia in that support. Ophelia does not return her feelings in any way.

I don't like that support chain.

Like fathers, like daughters? :smirk:

That being said, admittingly, I thought their support chain was good. Well, their B was rather hilarious due to Ophelia not thinking ahead and their A support was nice, simple and it did remind me of how most of Laslow/Inigo's supports start, with them starting with the opposite party focusing and dissing on his flirty nature only to open up to him and see him differently in later supports. I guess in some ways, part of the appeal is "Like father, like child."

In the shipping case? I'm pretty sure it is, "Like fathers, like daughters."
Laslow/Inigo never did anything that drastic. He limited himself to just flirting and took "no" for an answer.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YESZ!

I got all the gems in Crash 2. Now to kick Cortex's butt and head on to Crash 3. After that hopefully I can work on the rest of Crash 1 gems and relics across all 3 games to get the platinum trophies. While doing that I'll play the BotW DLC between frustrating levels.

EDIT: Kicked Crotex's ass.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Soleil becomes unlikable and downright harasses Ophelia in that support. Ophelia does not return her feelings in any way.

I don't like that support chain.

Laslow/Inigo never did anything that drastic. He limited himself to just flirting and took "no" for an answer.
Except I wasn't talking about their attempts. I was talking more about how they first are looked at as nothing more than the flirts. Even the A-support mentions it,
Ophelia: I looked forward to meeting you even before I came to this world. But when at last we did meet...you were such an embarrassment... Not at all like the comrade-in-arms that I had imagined you to be.

Soleil: Oh. I'm...I'm sorry...

Ophelia: No... I blame myself. I made you out to be something you're not. You only ever saw me as I am... But when I looked at you, I compared you to the ideal I had in my mind. When I think back, you never said you wanted anything more from me than to talk. I was the one who ran from you, refusing to listen to what you were saying. So if anyone should apologize, it's me.
And then when you look at their C-support, really, Soleil never really wanted more than to talk.
Soleil: Why are you hiding? I've been looking high and low for you! Come on, let's go get some tea! I want to show you my favorite café. It's the perfect place to sit and talk for hours. Just you...and me.
Soleil: Ahaha... I'm not letting you go that easy, my cute little butterfly! Relax already! We have so much to talk about that I can't wait to get started. Heheh...ooooooh, this is gonna be good!
And when things do get out of hand, she does ultimately apologize.
Soleil: Ophelia... Um...I wanted to apologize. I'm really sorry for how I acted. I kept doing what you told me not to. I should have listened to you.

Ophelia: ...

Soleil: I really like you, Ophelia. I think you're supercool. You're confident in yourself, and you never flinch or falter in battle. That's why I wanted to sit down and talk with you. That's all I wanted, really... But I was so nervous, all my invitations came out wrong. I'm really sorry. I promise I won't do that to you again. So please...if it's all right with you, I still want to be your friend.

Ophelia: ...

Soleil: I...guess it's not all right. OK.
Sure, when they first started, Soleil was much more intent and less slowdown than her father. But I believe part of that comes from how fast Soleil grew due to "time-capsule" shenanigans(and another problem with Fates), still having a child-like mind, and not having her father around much to help her slowdown at times.
Anyway, I just think their Support chain is simple and nice and straight to the point. Sure, I wouldn't say it's as good as something like Sophie and Caeldori's support chain(but than again, I thought that one was a huge change of pace considering Cordelia's all-around serious nature and her look-a-like's similar personality.), but it was just a nice straightforward chain.

Edit: Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Actually, when I think back, Inigo was just as intent and drastic on some supports, especially his support with Lucina. Remember his attempts at trying to make her smile after a village was destroyed, even when she was asking him to stop, he didn't? When I think about it, some of Soleil and Ophelia's support does have some similarities to Inigo and Lucina's support.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
. Remember his attempts at trying to make her smile after a village was destroyed, even when she was asking him to stop, he didn't?
That's the thing though.

Inigo was trying to make Lucina feel better in his own way.

Soliel was trying to get in Ophelia's pants. I know she says she just wants to talk but she then goes and does things with Ophelia's body, much to Ophelia's objections.

Soliel isn't a bad character but that support made her one in my eyes.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Looking at the list of games, if EVO 2018 is going to have nine games, I can only think of three games possibly being cut in favour of others i.e:

• UMvC3 -> MvC:I
  • KOFXIV -> DBFZ
  • BBCF -> Donation Drive game (I.e Pokken, ARMS, BBCF possibly staying, etc).
Honestly, I have to wonder how the sales turn out for both MvCI and DBFZ. I really hope both sell well, since I plan on getting both.

MvCI on the PC especially, so someone can make a mod that replaces Rocket's new voice with his Marvel 3 one :^)
I can't see BBCF staying (even if for donation drive) if DBFZ is joining. That raises the possibility of 3 anime fighters, all of which developed by ArcSys.

Wish KOF XIV saw better numbers, but it does garbage outside of Asia and South/Latin America

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly the more I think about it, the more I dislike Fates as a whole. Pretty bad game tbh

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally, I don't think Soleil's Ophelia support was written that well. I understand the point of it was that she wanted to talk to Ophelia and was a bit pushy, but the way she goes about it is too pushy at best and kind of stalkerish at worst. She chases around Ophelia even though the latter clearly is not interested in hanging around with her (or at least realizing that she could go about it in a different way), she blatantly ignores Ophelia essentially saying 'leave me alone' at least a couple of times, which isn't considerate of the latter's feelings, in the B support when Ophelia tries the body swap plan to get Soleil to understand her point of view the latter pretty much implies she's going to go check herself out, and finally it takes driving Ophelia to tears before Soleil realizes 'you know, maybe I was going too far here'. I feel in general it just went way too far for what they were trying to go for and unfortunately it makes Soleil look either rather dense or completely inconsiderate of others and either way it's not a good look for the character. There's many ways they could've handled that support better, but ultimately it's one that killed any interest I had in developing a friendship between two different characters as by the end I actively disliked one of them in it.

To be honest though, I feel this is a problem with some of Soleil's other supports as well as it seems like a couple of the writers didn't understand what they did right with Inigo and just decided to up the flirting with little regard with how it reflected on the character. The mother support is a good example of that as she chases her around to the latter's annoyance for two ranks of it, the Ignatius support carries some negative implications itself, and there's of course the Japanese Forrest support, which nearly made me hate the character for how she treats the poor guy (no, nearly forcing someone to bathe with you against their will is not funny). Inigo could have his moments, but I can't recall any of them being nearly as pushy as Soleil at her worst, the latter just really suffers from how thrown in the child mechanic was in Fates and unfortunately damages what could've been a likeable character otherwise.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's the thing though.

Inigo was trying to make Lucina feel better in his own way.

Soliel was trying to get in Ophelia's pants. I know she says she just wants to talk but she then goes and does things with Ophelia's body, much to Ophelia's objections.

Soliel isn't a bad character but that support made her one in my eyes.
Normally I would agree..........if it wasn't for the fact that Ophelia was the one who intentionally switched bodies with her. Just because Ophelia didn't think about what Soleil would do doesn't mean she isn't at fault for what she did intentionally. She wasn't trying to make a point and if she was, "Even you would be tired of chasing your own body." is really not a good one. Not a lot of differences from "shooting the messenger." And all Soleil really tried to do was admire herself in a mirror and talk to their dads. Compare this to Henry who switched bodies with Sumia without her consent.

Anyway, if this is going to go nowhere, best stop before it gets too heated up. All in all, they are just video game characters, they don't care what we think, there isn't a problem with having different opinions over them and Fates has writing problems that need to be fixed. That's something that can be agreed on........right? :sadeyes: Or have I reached the point of absolutely no return?

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I dislike Fates as a whole. Pretty bad game tbh
It's really only Fates' story that's the big problem. Gameplay-wise, Fates is great. Hidden weapons/Daggers, improved Weapon Triangle, My Castle and it's spotpass features, Online Multiplayer, balanced Pair-Up, A+ Supports and balanced class change additions, skill buying so no character is "not good", balanced weapons with no durability, Conquest's maps and objectives, etc.

Chrono.

lol TPC can't stop stirring the pot.

The ending theme for the new Pokemon movie was recycled from the Darkrai movie.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ Don't know if you have know this already...
Besides LWA on Netflix...
Source: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/little-witch-academia
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/little-witch-academia-is-coming-to-the-west

LWA: Chamber of Time (Know as LWA: The Witch of Time and Seven Wonders in Japan) Western Released announced - Coming Early 2018 for PS4 and Steam
Yes! And it does confirm that the game will be multipltform in the west. This give me more hope on this game coming to Switch eventually despite I still consider it a long shot.
Strangely though the website said the developer is APLUS Co., Ltd. rather than Bandai Namco

Also about Re: CREATORS episode 13:
Meteora is Deadpool confirmed (JK)
If you know what I mean...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today my fridge had a water leak; that thing is a modern-not-so-modern 10 year old fridge that serves water and ice. I located the leak on the lower back part of it; a broken hose.
The thing is that the back of the fridge is metal plated and can zap you really hard if you touch it, so I unplugged it to prevent getting shocked while working. I plugged and unplugged the fridge several times to check if my fixing attempts worked by activating the water hose. In the end I found the issue, removed the damaged part of the hose, put some thread seal tape and *bam*, fixed. Then I get up to do another test just to realize I had the fridge plugged... I was laying down, working in a puddle of water, with an electrically charged plate near my face all this time.

Bullet=Dodged.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@Shishœ Don't know if you have know this already...
Besides LWA on Netflix...
Source: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/little-witch-academia
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/little-witch-academia-is-coming-to-the-west

LWA: Chamber of Time (Know as LWA: The Witch of Time and Seven Wonders in Japan) Western Released announced - Coming Early 2018 for PS4 and Steam
Yes! And it does confirm that the game will be multipltform in the west. This give me more hope on this game coming to Switch eventually despite I still consider it a long shot.
Strangely though the website said the developer is APLUS Co., Ltd. rather than Bandai Namco

Also about Re: CREATORS episode 13:
Meteora is Deadpool confirmed (JK)
If you know what I mean...
tfw my post talking about LWA's Steam release was skipped

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Erureido
@Shishœ

Apparently, the first episode of Fate/Apocrypha is up and around. Already been seeing it around youtube and whatnot.

Also, for those with Grand Order, Gilgamesh is coming up and he is limited. So for those who want him, best save up your Quartz. Cause I don't know if they come back or not. Well, hopefully they do, but I certainly don't know when.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The DBS Tournament arc keeps getting cooler.

-The ring is basically Final Destination
-No items allowed
-There's like 3 foxes
-Goku Shine Spiked a dude attempting to Kirbycide with him.

We Melee now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
tfw my post talking about LWA's Steam release was skipped
I have to admit I never seen your post about that, sorry.
I feel you... Not much people care about LWA here so.... :shades:
I will be buying Steam version since it is on PC and I can get English version more easily.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have to admit I never seen your post about that, sorry.
I feel you... Not much people care about LWA here so.... :shades:
I will be buying Steam version since it is on PC and I can get English version more easily.
I was waiting for the dub.
Then they only released 13 episodes
Only 4 of them being dubbed.
So I'm currently catching up. It's Studio Trigger, so it's bound to be good

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was waiting for the dub.
Then they only released 13 episodes
Only 4 of them being dubbed.
So I'm currently catching up. It's Studio Trigger, so it's bound to be good
I'll check them out later, I'm usually OK with dub, I had watch the first OVA dub.
I was also talking about the upcoming game, despite it's on Steam I doubt the West will have the preorder edition for the PS4 that is going to be limited released in Japan.
Man Chariot /Ursula dub sounds bad...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
N. Sane Trilogy topped the Amazon UK charts, being the best selling single SKU on the site in 2017, which is updated daily. Also, in a lot of local stores in the UK, the game is sold out.

While multiplats and games in bundles would probably still have a greater total sales on the site, this is still really impressive and bodes well for the future of Crash.

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1400259

In other words:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so 2017 has so far seen the revival of
bomberman
crash bandicoot
genesis era sonic
metroid
starfox 2