• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Also, PAULINE's in a MAINSTREAM MARIO GAME?!? No way! I'm really hyped up for that! Seeing Pauline make an appearance in a main game makes me wonder if we could see the likes of the Kong Family, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and the rest of the Mario cast in a mainstream game again! Wonder who at Nintendo suggested that, because that's a great idea! Pauline for Mario Kart anyone?
I'm very excited to see Pauline again, it's been a long time! As a huge fan of Wario and Waluigi (especially Wario), I hope to see them have more prominent roles in Mario games as well as other characters who don't get featured in main games (Waluigi doesn't even have a game of his own!).

Also, Pauline would make a great addition to Mario Kart, I'm not too big on the newcomers for Mario Kart 7/8.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And, if you have space, I want: "The WHOLE Smash 4 Roster."
My avatar is Yomi from Senran Kagura (the anime of the game).

And the roster would be a cool idea.

I don't really have any good ideas

Has Bubsy ever been in one of these, now that he's back
Go nuts. I doubt he was ever there before.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
My favourite Hunger Games is still when @Swampasaur used us users as the characters.

It was epic. Except that, you know, someone killed me.
There were lots of huger games that used us as characters. I remember Several of us making them, including myself. I remember winning one myself, Fal falling into frozen lakes a lot, and Space failing miserably at everything.

Buzz Lightyear coming in second in a Space Stranger Only game is one of my personal favorites though.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The Switch is only 3 months old, yet it already has a ton of amazing games announced for it.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2
Pokken DX
Fire Emblem Warriors
Core Kirby game
Core Yoshi game
Core Fire Emblem game
Core Pokémon game
Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Retros new game

And there are so many future potential games we can get. Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing are pretty safe bets. Who knows what else we'll get (hoping for a new DKC, Wario Ware and F-Zero), but the Switch is already looking very promising.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Creepy Japanese Ronald McDonald hunger games request

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
The Switch is only 3 months old, yet it already has a ton of amazing games announced for it.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2
Pokken DX
Fire Emblem Warriors
Core Kirby game
Core Yoshi game
Core Fire Emblem game
Core Pokémon game
Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Retros new game

And there are so many future potential games we can get. Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing are pretty safe bets. Who knows what else we'll get (hoping for a new DKC, Wario Ware and F-Zero), but the Switch is already looking very promising.
You know what would be god-like (at least for me anyway)? Something completely out of the blue like a Chrono Trigger sequel (yeah, I know about Chrono Cross) or Super Mario RPG...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know what would be god-like (at least for me anyway)? Something completely out of the blue like a Chrono Trigger sequel (yeah, I know about Chrono Cross) or Super Mario RPG...
There is a decent chance we'll see a Mario RPG of some kind on the Switch (not counting the Rabbids game). But if we can get a remake or sequel to Mario RPG that would be the hypest **** ever, though I really doubt they'll be able to live up to the original.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was it ever confirmed that the game Miyamoto spoke of was a 'Pikmin 4'? Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that he was talking about Hey! Pikmin? I just remember him saying 'The next Pikmin' so are people waiting on a game that may never come?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Hey guys, back from a grueling wait in line for Mario Odyssey, but it was well worth it. There was a 2 stage selection, one being New Donk City and the other being the Desert Stage. I went with New Donk City and was instantly immersed. To start, you begin, not on the street within the first trailer, but on a platform separated from the rest of the city. You'll be forced to use the new power in order to transform into a ball of electricity which will bring you to the main street. I found a scooter which I was able to ride in until I reached Pauline who is waiting at the entrance of the biggest building. According to her, there had been an accident in the city, but was able to prevent the destruction thanks to Mario's help. She asks Mario if he'll find 4 musicians for a festival. You'll find the first guy to your immediate right. Upon talking to him, he gives you a Moon, which has replaced these Stars/Shine Sprites as the collectibles for this game. I found 3/4 musicians, as the fourth was high up on a building which required the Mario Maker clothing to enter. In order to get the Mario Maker clothing, you needed to get 15 coins that were specific to New Donk City. The coins are really cool, as they have Pauline's face on one side and New Donk City on the other. I went into the Crazy Cap store and bought a black fedora and a black suit instead, making me the most Dapper Bad *** in New Donk. By the end of my demo trial I had managed to collect 7 Moons.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey guys, back from a grueling wait in line for Mario Odyssey, but it was well worth it. There was a 2 stage selection, one being New Donk City and the other being the Desert Stage. I went with New Donk City and was instantly immersed. To start, you begin, not on the street within the first trailer, but on a platform separated from the rest of the city. You'll be forced to use the new power in order to transform into a ball of electricity which will bring you to the main street. I found a scooter which I was able to ride in until I reached Pauline who is waiting at the entrance of the biggest building. According to her, there had been an accident in the city, but was able to prevent the destruction thanks to Mario's help. She asks Mario if he'll find 4 musicians for a festival. You'll find the first guy to your immediate right. Upon talking to him, he gives you a Moon, which has replaced these Stars/Shine Sprites as the collectibles for this game. I found 3/4 musicians, as the fourth was high up on a building which required the Mario Maker clothing to enter. In order to get the Mario Maker clothing, you needed to get 15 coins that were specific to New Donk City. The coins are really cool, as they have Pauline's face on one side and New Donk City on the other. I went into the Crazy Cap store and bought a black fedora and a black suit instead, making me the most Dapper Bad *** in New Donk. By the end of my demo trial I had managed to collect 7 Moons.
Interesting!
Was one of the musicians on top of a triangle shaped building?
Because the Treehouse showed a musician on a roof during their showcase.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Interesting!
Was one of the musicians on top of a triangle shaped building?
Because the Treehouse showed a musician on a roof during their showcase.
So, the three that I gathered were as followed: The drummer in front of the biggest building, the bassist on a separate platform from the city and the guitarist in the park. I didnt managed to get the fourth one, although I knew he was one a roof as some people kept on stating "I hear music from above". Maybe I was searching in the wrong area, but I didn't bother looking for him due to my time restraints.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

New donk city should have had the wrecking crew clothing

Edit:

I guess Mario maker isn't that different

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alright, blokes and sheilas. The new Hunger Games begins now.

Will the Walrus win again or will someone else claim his throne? Only one way to find out.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

New donk city should have had the wrecking crew clothing
Oh man, that would have been perfect.
Was it ever confirmed that the game Miyamoto spoke of was a 'Pikmin 4'? Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that he was talking about Hey! Pikmin? I just remember him saying 'The next Pikmin' so are people waiting on a game that may never come?
Here is all the information that was given regarding Pikmin 4. https://www.pikminwiki.com/Pikmin_4

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, the three that I gathered were as followed: The drummer in front of the biggest building, the bassist on a separate platform from the city and the guitarist in the park. I didnt managed to get the fourth one, although I knew he was one a roof as some people kept on stating "I hear music from above". Maybe I was searching in the wrong area, but I didn't bother looking for him due to my time restraints.
Ah. I see.
Yeah, the Treehouse showed off a man playing a trumpet on a roof during their showcase.
Apparently, you can get there by jumping off the tallest building, or by flinging yourself up there with the poles that you can possess with Mario.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Will the Walrus win again or will someone else claim his throne? Only one way to find out.
The Hunger Games simulator sure likes to mess those images around. Tobin looks lanky, while Eren looks like he's peeping out of some white space.

Well, here's hoping Eren wins this!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And Bubsy takes a bag with absolutely nothing in it. What could pawsibbly go wrong?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Oh! Another interesting feature that I didn't get to try was the 2D sections. The pipes will lead you into the walls and will pixelate Mario. In the desert level, to get out of the pixelation, Mario had to break a few bricks and, per say, jump out of the 2D section which smoothly transitions him back to 3D. Even his current clothing is pixelated!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Can the epitome of perfection or the icy duo pull through? Knowing my luck, no. But to be fair, seeing Perfect Cell being taken down a peg is kind of worthy it. Still. This should be good. Lol at Virginia. XD

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
This image reminds me, if the demo stays true, then there are no lives and you lose coins instead, which makes sense: you need those coins to buy clothing and other collectibles from the Crazy Cap.
Cutting lives is honestly one of the things I'm hypest about. Lives are a garbage mechanic that have plagued the series for like 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom