• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
**** fam, when they find out what the **** is in that truck, they will freak out
Here's the hardcore science part.

Francium is the nice dude, is not that toxic and its isotopes dissipate quickly.
Beryllium can be poisonous and screw your lungs
Caesium can be explosive.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People who don't bathe or concern themselves with personal hygiene are ****ing gross. I'm sorry to anybody who might not bathe, but at the same time... I'm really not. Go take a shower. I understand that as a teenager lots of things are changing and bodies are confusing and perhaps a source of frustration and whatnot, but still. Do others a favour, do yourself a favour, and try to stay clean. Especially if you ever want to bother attracting others.

My little cousin refuses to bathe and it's pretty disgusting. He's really greasy and I don't much care to touch him. I swear to god one day I might just have to turn the hose on him. -_-;

Anyway, rant over. I probably have a thing about this. Clearly it [triggers] me a bit. I'm not even 100% sure why, it's not like I've ever had some traumatic lack-of-bathing experience. Nor do I even keep my place in some immaculate mess-free state. It's just fairly nasty. Yeeek.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This actually reminds me of back in Middle/High School when my hygiene habits were absolutely awful.

I would pretty much hardly ever shower at all and people in my school would hate me and even bully me for that. Methinks that has something to do with how anti-social I acted back in the day and somewhat still do. It wasn't until the end of High School when I got serious flak from my parents that I started taking how I smelt seriously.

And this went beyond how I smelt. My dental habits were absolutely awful and I would hardly ever brush my teeth. That went on for like 7 years and unsurprisingly when I went to the Dentist a year and a half ago I had a cavity in almost all my teeth which led to a dozen fillings and a root canal. That was all after I had a Toothache months before mind you. Having a Toothache is like the worst pain any human being could have and I would never wish that kind of pain even on my worst enemy (if I had one lol).

All I can do now is cringe at how stupid I was with my health habits as an Adolescent.
you're lucky all those bad teeth didnt transform into heart problems my dude.

Francium is the nice dude, is not that toxic and its isotopes dissipate quickly.
Ooh Beryllim, I used that in bio lab. The smell was awful
Caesium though, I never once touched and never will

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This actually reminds me of back in Middle/High School when my hygiene habits were absolutely awful.

I would pretty much hardly ever shower at all and people in my school would hate me and even bully me for that. Methinks that has something to do with how anti-social I acted back in the day and somewhat still do. It wasn't until the end of High School when I got serious flak from my parents that I started taking how I smelt seriously.

And this went beyond how I smelt. My dental habits were absolutely awful and I would hardly ever brush my teeth. That went on for like 7 years and unsurprisingly when I went to the Dentist a year and a half ago I had a cavity in almost all my teeth which led to a dozen fillings and a root canal. That was all after I had a Toothache months before mind you. Having a Toothache is like the worst pain any human being could have and I would never wish that kind of pain even on my worst enemy (if I had one lol).

All I can do now is cringe at how stupid I was with my health habits as an Adolescent.
Better to have smelt and cleaned then never to have cleaned at all.

. . .Wanted to say that for some reason. I feel like there's something to be said about reflecting on the past and learning lessons from it and growing as a person being a sign of maturity, but I'm not sure what the properly eloquent way to put it would be.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
One small detail I noticed in the FE Gaiden remake is that all the Map sprites are based upon those found in FE1, FE2, and FE3 rather than Fates and Awakening. I find this to be a really nice detail to make the games feel more classic.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
you're lucky all those bad teeth didnt transform into heart problems my dude.
I did have something related to my breathing but i'm glad it wasn't related to my dental habits.
Better to have smelt and cleaned then never to have cleaned at all.

. . .Wanted to say that for some reason. I feel like there's something to be said about reflecting on the past and learning lessons from it and growing as a person being a sign of maturity, but I'm not sure what the properly eloquent way to put it would be.
Yeah, for sure.

I feel that making these mistakes during one's teenage years are the best time to make them. Usually these things get worse with age. That goes with my weight issue as well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Boo.:p

Also, on a slightly different topic, Considering that Eddie Brock is going to be Venom again could he playable in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite? Venom is safe from Marvel's character bans and has been used in recent Marvel games.
My main man Eddie is back. Aww yes. I liked Flash Thompson as Venom but Eddie Brock was way more interesting

You know what i find funny?

When Smash For came out i remember complaining about how terrible Marth is and how nerfed he was.

I remember thinking "the first game i try to remotely take seriously and the character ive thought was awesome since melee isnt good for the first time"

Now a Marth just won genesis.
:186:
Balance patches and character devotion will do that.

If anything that makes Lucina look way better since she's pretty much EZ mode Marth
People who don't bathe or concern themselves with personal hygiene are ****ing gross. I'm sorry to anybody who might not bathe, but at the same time... I'm really not. Go take a shower. I understand that as a teenager lots of things are changing and bodies are confusing and perhaps a source of frustration and whatnot, but still. Do others a favour, do yourself a favour, and try to stay clean. Especially if you ever want to bother attracting others.

My little cousin refuses to bathe and it's pretty disgusting. He's really greasy and I don't much care to touch him. I swear to god one day I might just have to turn the hose on him. -_-;

Anyway, rant over. I probably have a thing about this. Clearly it [triggers] me a bit. I'm not even 100% sure why, it's not like I've ever had some traumatic lack-of-bathing experience. Nor do I even keep my place in some immaculate mess-free state. It's just fairly nasty. Yeeek.
I sort of have the same thing with smoking although my family members like my aunts, uncles and cousins hate it.

Even friends too.

Like I just hate the sight of cigarettes. And it's probably the least attractive thing for any gender

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I sort of have the same thing with smoking although my family members like my aunts, uncles and cousins hate it.

Even friends too.

Like I just hate the sight of cigarettes. And it's probably the least attractive thing for any gender
Id rather someone vape and smell like mangos then smoke and smell like a dirty ash tray

I walked past a person vaping and got hit with the smell of Vanilla and I loved it. I almost would of followed the smell to the source if I didnt have class lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nerds in general just have an issue with BO. I had someone ask me if they should take a shower prior to a date.

Like, yeah you should. But, I think it's an issue of people just not knowing how to socialize with others.
Well to be fair men's deodorant products tend to suuuuuuuuuck. I just use women's deoderant along with the rest of my family as it's more effective. Women's health products in general are. Which is why they're more so expensive then men's too.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well to be fair men's deodorant products tend to suuuuuuuuuck. I just use women's deoderant along with the rest of my family as it's more effective. Women's health products in general are. Which is why they're more so expensive then men's too.
Avon deodorant is really good. Like crazy good

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I normaly use any deo I can grab. If I run out, I grab my dads. When I run out of shaving cream, I use my dads. Thank god he always has that stuff, easyier for me to steal them

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I normaly use any deo I can grab. If I run out, I grab my dads. When I run out of shaving cream, I use my dads. Thank god he always has that stuff, easyier for me to steal them
I never see the point of shaving sometimes.

I guess it's because when I go to the barbershop, I get a trim of my beard in advance every two weeks and I like facial hair

People do stupid **** for money.

Remember when people we stealing copper like crazy and it cause some damage for most people

D

Deleted member

I never see the point of shaving sometimes.

I guess it's because when I go to the barbershop, I get a trim of my beard in advance every two weeks and I like facial hair
I shave because I look much better without it.(I've been called a stoner with it, but that was when I didn't shave at all.) But luckily I hardly grow much facial and body hair at all anyway, as long as I maintain it every now and then. This was a blessing in disguise, as in middle school and early high school I hated that I couldn't grow a good beard or body hair like all of the other guys.

But that was before I found out what I wanted to be like anyway. If anything I just want to remove the little tiny hair you can hardly even see if you're up close to my face.(But that's because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my looks, the smallest of bit of imperfections bug the hell out of me.) But I'll do that once I break into my style anyway, as of now I just make sure that I'm healthy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Even friends too.

Mhmm, I feel you. I don't have the same thing about cigarettes, but I totally get it. I've smoked before, though I never made a habit out of it. My brother, parents, and most of my grandparents used to smoke as well, but they've all quit.

Not that I would ever recommend, advise, or push cigarettes on a person, but if someone already smokes, it doesn't hugely bother me. It's when people start stinking of ashtrays and cigarettes that it becomes pretty unbearable. And a mouth that reeks or tastes of cigarettes is disgusting and going nowhere near mine, I can tell you that. :x

In that way it's not dissimilar to those that don't brush their teeth. Yikes.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Its not like Nintendo had a choice. The Wii-U wasn't doing well and I believe they were losing money for evey unit sold. Of course they had to Switch over to a new system and fast. That being said, they had to create a new system and make it pleasing for 3rd party companies to jump on board. The launch isn't looking too good but by the looks of it, the Switch should be in great shape by next year. I expect E3 to throw us some great games as well.
With that said, the months between Switch launch and E3 with be crucial months for the console. If Switch can have a fairly good start, I think we might get more games, and E3 will also be crucial for the console.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
My goal for Overwatch this season was to get into Plat

After getting my ass handed to me for 5-6 games straight, I don't think that's happening.

Maybe I should start aiming drills.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With that said, the months between Switch launch and E3 with be a crucial year for the console. If Switch can have a fairly good start, I think we might get more games, and E3 will also be crucial for the console.
I think this holiday is just as crucial for the Switch as the period between launch and E3 tbh. Even the Wii U had a pretty good first couple months.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Overwatch, Year of the Rooster trailer leaked
Gonna play hours of Overwatch during Chinese New Year holidays.
I tweeted about this a while ago.

I'd just like to remind people this game was released in 2012.
A Vita port was just made

And now they are making a mobile game (not a port)
ALL OF THIS while also starting on Indivisible.

And they patch a 2012 game now
Lab Zero games is godlike.

bahahhahaha
:061:
Skullgirls is another game I hope that can come to Nintendo Switch…
I think this holiday is just as crucial for the Switch as the period between launch and E3 tbh. Even the Wii U had a pretty good first couple months.
Agreed, but we'll see about that after E3.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Even friends too.

I can relate. Despite my aunts, mom and grandfather smoking it during my entire childtime(although one of my aunts and my mom have managed to quit), I surprisingly had the brain to know that it was a horrible thing from the get-go. Actually, it was always my stance on both smoking and drinking. I just saw what happens to people who did either and my mind goes, "Nope. Never going to touch at all." Basically, smoking became an indicator to me on who was a dumbass.
But yeah, over the years, my mom was able to quit her smoking habit along with one of my aunts. My other aunt and my grandfather haven't stopped yet, but they are at least polite about other's opinions on smoking and don't do it openly.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Guys... You may want to take a look at this (and trust me, this is not like the listing/Reggie hint from before):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...icial_new_cpsia_listing_for_super_smash_bros/

Basically, what this confirms is that there is a listing for a brand new Smash Bros. amiibo (the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibos already have their own separate listings). Who or what it could be, I have no idea, but this to me is a huge sign that something related to Smash is coming sooner or later.

(if I had to take a guess, maybe its Ice Climbers?)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys... You may want to take a look at this (and trust me, this is not like the listing/Reggie hint from before):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...icial_new_cpsia_listing_for_super_smash_bros/

Basically, what this confirms is that there is a listing for a brand new Smash Bros. amiibo (the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibos already have their own separate listings). Who or what it could be, I have no idea, but this to me is a huge sign that something related to Smash is coming sooner or later.

Well I can't imagine they don't make amiibo for the characters they add. Even if they've already got amiibo in other series like Inkling.

Not surprising, but nice to see something that reconfirms what we've been suspecting and lead to believe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Only one though?

I mean **** I'll take Ice Climbers or Inkling but only one?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Ooooh boy.

Zelda, Bokoblin, and the Alm and Celica two pack were revealed relatively quickly after their codes were found. It's possible that they put codes for Amiibo that they're planning on revealing relatively soon rather than simply what they have in the pipeline as a whole, in which case. . .

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Only one though?

Honestly, I doubt this is the only amiibo we're actually getting. Sure, I'd love to see the return of the Ice Climbers, but giving us only 1 character regardless of their status/demand would be crazy. I am sure we'll receive more in the future; Nintendo knows that one character wouldn't be enough.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you don't know how to "decode" amiibo releases
Every CPSIA has an item number

http://cpsia.nintendo.com/104951/104951.pdf
http://cpsia.nintendo.com/104798/104798.pdf

NVL means the company and never changes
C means individual release AQ2A means dual pack AE3A is triple.
The next two letters is the series code: AA belongs to Smash Bros.
The next two letters is a unique code for a character. In this case CN and CK.
USZ are filler code.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is it possible that this is for :4cloud::4cloud2::4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly for all we know it could be a recolour of an existing Smash amiibo like Gold Mega Man.

This isn't going to solve anything. Going to have to just wait for actual information or a very credible leak like normal.

Is it possible that this is for :4cloud::4cloud2::4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:?
Apparently those already have known listings that aren't this one. At least

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would variants like that really need separate code? It's effectively the same character but for a different outfit. All the Mario amiibo function the same. And there's no difference between Mega Man and Gold Mega Man either.

Or were Robin's two versions given different codes.

Speaking in terms of functionality, not shipping, otherwise, then I'd understand.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Only one though?

Cloud, Corrin and Bayo's listings were all added at different times periodically, not all at once.

The new characters's listings will probably follow suit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would variants like that really need separate code? It's effectively the same character but for a different outfit. All the Mario amiibo function the same. And there's no difference between Mega Man and Gold Mega Man either.

Or were Robin's two versions given different codes.

Speaking in terms of functionality, not shipping, otherwise, then I'd understand.
It'd be shipping. Because functionally they might be the same, but they're not the same product.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hey, we're getting two new Smash amiibos and that's cool anyway.

This fills two slots in the list of Smash Amiibo Codes
codea.PNG

CK and CN will be revealed eventually, my bets are :4corrin:,:4cloud:or :4bayonetta: of course.

CJ, CL, CM, 3A and 3B remain blank; they can be future stuff (including variants) or scrapped ideas, so keep your hopes low

(the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibos already have their own separate listings).
This is unverified as the Nintendo CPSIA page lacks any info of them.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey, we're getting two new Smash amiibos and that's cool anyway.

This fills two slots in the list of Smash Amiibo Codes
View attachment 125302

CK and CN will be revealed eventually, my bets are :4corrin:,:4cloud:or :4bayonetta: of course.

CJ, CL, CM, 3A and 3B remain blank; they can be future stuff (including variants) or scrapped ideas, so keep your hopes low

This is unverified as the Nintendo CPSIA page lacks any info of them.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021
Someone said CJ was the Gold Mega Man Amiibo.

CK is apparently Cloud.

That said, nothing's really stopping them from editing in things past CN if they wanted to since CN is a new addition in the first place.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Geez this is long.

And I scrapped half of it.

B.O is so bad at touneys that they have to have Video game characters tell you to ****ing put on Deodorant
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...n-favorite-fighting-game-characters/#comments
Personally I'd like to respond by cosplaying Plague Knight and stuff the beak with potpourri as intended.

Still doesn't say if we can use SDHCs...
come on... All Iv seen was SDXC. I'm not looking forward to buying expensive SD cards
In brief, if you can use SDXC, you can use SDHC. The protocol is backwards compatible.

Quick, everyone talk about how clean and shower-friendly you are!
/s

Common sense, my brothers and sisters.
Common sense ain't common.

As for the shower debate ongoing, I happened to find this article earlier today: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...in-towel-stop-showering-helpful-microbes-skin

I mean, it's going to take more than this guy to convince me to stop showering, but it's usually worth hearing out different sides to an argument, right?
Read it, retorting.

The article can be summed up by pulling and analyzing two of its sentences: "One recent study found the Yanomami, one of the world’s most remote indigenous tribes living deep in the Venezuelan Amazon, hosts the most diverse constellation of microbes ever discovered in humans. The message is that washing less may not only be good for the environment – less water, fewer products – it might be good for us, too."

First sentence: Spot on. In the study, the indigenous population was noted as remarkably diverse in skin and fecal microbiomes (and, curiously, similar to Western civilization with regard to oral microbiome), noting explicitly that: "Despite the small population of this village and the limited sample size of our study, they had significantly higher levels of fecal and skin diversity, both bacterial and functional, than any other human population reported so far."

Second sentence: Note the "may" and "might" weasel words present. This is because the study did not produce a conclusive cause, with cohabitation, greater exposure to the environment (i.e. less clothes), and diet all proposed as possibilities for various parts of the findings. Too many variables, not enough isolation. However if a senior editor of the Atlantic would like to be a guinea pig for one of those variables I suppose he's free to do so.

For my own anecdotal evidence, if I do not shower for longer than two days, I begin to have upper respiratory issues. If I still don't take the hint, I typically find myself the proud owner of a bacterial sinus infection.

Though application of this information cannot reasonably extend beyond myself, it's reason enough to me to keep up my hygiene habits.

Really now? At this point, they should have them; I doubt that new listing is of Cloud, Corrin, or Bayonetta.
At this point, they don't.

It would be a skip (CL or CM) even if CJ is in fact the Gold Mega Man, but they've skipped before (case in point, the three packs). Or we could be getting a variant of one of the new amiibo, or of a previously released one. Or one could have been internally scrapped before being externally filed.

I know you wanna believe, man, but don't jump the gun. Odds are this is not a new fighter.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Someone said CJ was the Gold Mega Man Amiibo.

CK is apparently Cloud.

That said, nothing's really stopping them from editing in things past CN if they wanted to since CN is a new addition in the first place.
It can be, but the Gold Mega Man was released as an exclusive bundle with the Mega Man Collection game, implying different logistics compared to the standard Smash amiibo thus possibly getting a completely unrelated code to Smash. However it can get one if they do an individual release.

This is the current speculation:

CJ: :4megaman: (Gold)
CK: :4cloud:
CL: :4corrin:
CM: :4bayonetta:
CN: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom