• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Someone gave me a Vulpix! Great, I can evolve it and yay. (edit: ffs they called it "tracey". I dont want nicknames...)
Also deposited a oranguru for a pessimian. Wonder how long that will take...

And someone gave a Level 53 FLETCHLING.
Idk how they got it to 53...but I'ma qucikly evolve it twice.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Which is weird because A vet tech wouldn't even need math, yet they are making me take it
Oh, I know.

My first year at college had a lot of stuff irrelevant to mechanical engineering - like C++ programming, Chemistry and English.

At least C++ was useful for getting a non-mechanical job. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only pokemon I don't nickname is legendaries

For some reason, nicknaming legendaries feels wrong to me

Edit: Although pokemon have to EARN a nickname on my team

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
IIRC, teaching math, even for careers that don't use it much, isn't because they expect you to use it, but because it helps develop problem solving skills and allows you to see things better.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only pokemon I don't nickname is legendaries

For some reason, nicknaming legendaries feels wrong to me

Edit: Although pokemon have to EARN a nickname on my team
I nicknamed all my pokemon random **** thats would be in my mind the time I catch them.

Everyone and their mother names the lgendaries Nebby But I just name mine Dot for some reason

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Got a Dhelmise wow! (didnt see level so might just use the one I already have. Saving one of them for a friend)
.....and now someone invited me to link trade exciting. edit: failed to connect with other trainer after I accepted XD

No it evolves.
its level 54 tho.....ok ill try again. Just realised that its high level so 1500+xp wont level it up haha...

.....soz y'all im talking too much about it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Just passing to say that it's the new year here in Switzerland, so, happy new year!

D

Deleted member

Fate/Grand Order is more than a hour long so I'll just watch episode 21 of Akame ga Kill while it downloads and...
ZA WARUDO!
What the hell, Esdeath just pulled a Dio.
Well, I guess it does make sense that the Imperial Relic that can freeze anything would be able to freeze TIME ITSELF
That's a good New Year's Revolution.
I'll join
We're doing a revolution? Alright, I'll go get the weapons, everyone get ready by the wall to tear it down

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year 2017, everyone.

lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 63
lv. 62

I finally beat the game!

First, I caught Nebby (in a Moon Ball), evolved Crabrawler, and beat Gladion and Hau one last time.

Then to the Elite Four. Hala was very easy, none of my Pokemon took any damage during the battle.

Olivia was little tougher, but I managed to beat her as well.

I was surprised to see Acerola there instead of Nanu. Her Froslass almost managed to beat Salazzle due to confusion, but she pulled through.

After seeing Nanu excluded, I expected to see that painter girl I saw at Vast Poni Canyon as the final member. However, I was surprised when it was some new trainer instead! Her battle was very though, but Crabominable really managed to impress me during the battle: I was sure he would faint after being hit by Toucannon's Z-Move, but he survived, and managed to knock it out despite being confused.

After sitting on the Champion's chair, for a second I though there would be no final battle after that. I was wrong.

Kukui's battle was tough as well, especially Incineroar, who almost knocked Mudsdale out with his Z-Move. I have to say I'm glad I kept Magnezone in my team: it was easily the most useful team member during the League.

After beating Kukui, I still had to catch Tapu Koko. It was quite frustrating: despite being in low health, it didn't stay in a ball and I didn't really have many Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls left. Luckily, I eventually succeeded.

Somewhat ironic that Lillie moved to the region the player character came from.

This really is the best Pokemon game I've played so far.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Happy New Year 2017, everyone.

lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 64
lv. 63
lv. 62

I finally beat the game!

First, I caught Nebby (in a Moon Ball), evolved Crabrawler, and beat Gladion and Hau one last time.

Then to the Elite Four. Hala was very easy, none of my Pokemon took any damage during the battle.

Olivia was little tougher, but I managed to beat her as well.

I was surprised to see Acerola there instead of Nanu. Her Froslass almost managed to beat Salazzle due to confusion, but she pulled through.

After seeing Nanu excluded, I expected to see that painter girl I saw at Vast Poni Canyon as the final member. However, I was surprised when it was some new trainer instead! Her battle was very though, but Crabominable really managed to impress me during the battle: I was sure he would faint after being hit by Toucannon's Z-Move, but he survived, and managed to knock it out despite being confused.

After sitting on the Champion's chair, for a second I though there would be no final battle after that. I was wrong.

Kukui's battle was tough as well, especially Incineroar, who almost knocked Mudsdale out with his Z-Move. I have to say I'm glad I kept Magnezone in my team: it was easily the most useful team member during the League.

After beating Kukui, I still had to catch Tapu Koko. It was quite frustrating: despite being in low health, it didn't stay in a ball and I didn't really have many Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls left. Luckily, I eventually succeeded.

Somewhat ironic that Lillie moved to the region the player character came from.

This really is the best Pokemon game I've played so far.
Wohoo congratss!!!! I'm not bothered atm to grind my team/teams to a good enough level for the league...

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Run Run Rottytops is the one part of Pirate's Curse I never look forward to playing.

Combined with the one-hit death thing, it just overstays its welcome.
Oh yeah the length is definitely an issue. It's like four screens too long.

Overwatch? More like "World of Tanks Feat. Ana and Soldier 76"

The standard team composition is typically 2/2/2 meaning 2 DPS, 2 Tanks, 2 Healers. But after the balance changes throughout the the last two competitive seasons, a lot of people are running 1/3/2 (1DPS, 3 Tanks, 2 Healers) or even 0/4/2 (0DPS, 4 Tanks, 2 Healers). The tanks can generally pump out enough damage to make up for the lack of dedicated DPS, and Ana is one of, if not, the best healer in the game. Sure she has to aim her shots, but tanks are ****ing huge, you're not going to miss. She has great utility with her grenade and sleep dart, and her ulti makes tanks, that are already tanky, even tankier, and let's them pump out even more damage. Soldier 76 is just a good, consistent DPS character. Then you just have another healer to just heal anyone Ana isn't, typically a Lucio because he's probably the second best support. From what I understand, the best way to counter the Tank meta, is to run your own Tank meta, but do it better.

Symmetra's redesign seems to be giving people a ton of trouble too. But I feel it's more because it's new. People used to hate Bastion and claim it was OP, and now it's just considered a meme character.
Symm 2.0 just has so many goofy changes. Why was her lazer even buffed??

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ahh yes, my New Year Resolutions...

1. Get down to 200 pounds to obtain a healthy weight (I'm 265 currently).
2. Finish up my final semester of College and hopefully do well.
3. Find a job that I don't hate and also to stop my Dad from complaing all the time that I don't have a job.
4. Use said money to rent an apartment/basement so I can finally be away and be on my own.
5. To not be broke and still have enough money to buy a PS4 or a Switch.

Those are the resolutions that I can share with you guys at least.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
And just like that, Happy New Year's to all the UK folks here! Make it a good one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My New years resolution is too dark to say here so I'll say I'll be gone probably
. . .If your New Year's Resolution is what I think that implies, I think you'd be better off not making it.

I care about you, Pumpkaboo. I don't want to lose you like that. Please don't. :/

If there's anything I can do, PMs, whatever, just let me know. But don't go through with anything like that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cyn Cyn
By hazard, are you at your house right now?
Sorry to bother you with that, I just want to know that, if yes, then we could do this trade and be done with it. But if you can't I perfectly understand, and again, sorry to bother you with that on the first day of 2017.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cyn Cyn
By hazard, are you at your house right now?
Sorry to bother you with that, I just want to know that, if yes, then we could do this trade and be done with it. But if you can't I perfectly understand, and again, sorry to bother you with that on the first day of 2017.
Yes. I'll add you now assuming that your fc listed is accurate.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I added your FC to my 3DS, so it should be good.
As for the Pokemon I will trade, it can be anything right?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
. . .If your New Year's Resolution is what I think that implies, I think you'd be better off not making it.

I care about you, Pumpkaboo. I don't want to lose you like that. Please don't. :/

If there's anything I can do, PMs, whatever, just let me know. But don't go through with anything like that.
But like,Fam, Im so tired. :138:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know it's asking a lot, but do you know if it's possible to trade a surfing Pikachu through internet right now? I kind of want one for my next game but have no way of doing that.

If it's possible, and you're willing to, I could even create the PKHeX page so you wouldn't have to generate it yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom