• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
. . .Which site or sites are you uploading this to?

I may need the information for, umh, scientific purposes.

Actually, send a link to your writer's page if you have already released works out in the wild anywhere, if you're willing.
I upload on Fanfiction.Net and Archive Of Our Own, though the latter only has that one story I was talking about... that being said that really doesn't matter since I've stopped uploading most of my other ones, planning on either rebooting them or just ending them where they are. I would link to the story, but eh, it may or may not be a little... too mature for this site. Basically, if you find something that stars Wario and Waluigi, involves a certain meme character, is a reboot, and references Sun and Moon a lot, you've probably found it.

:094:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I upload on Fanfiction.Net and Archive Of Our Own, though the latter only has that one story I was talking about... that being said that really doesn't matter since I've stopped uploading most of my other ones, planning on either rebooting them or just ending them where they are. I would link to the story, but eh, it may or may not be a little... too mature for this site. Basically, if you find something that stars Wario and Waluigi, involves a certain meme character, is a reboot, and references Sun and Moon a lot, you've probably found it.

. . .I read something earlier today out of curiosity that matches half of those things and has a Gengar avatar.

It's not it, but if I look up Waluigi. . .OH, found what seems to be it.

. . .

. . .Isn't that the same author name?

*checks author*

. . .GUESS WHO'S FIC I READ TODAY.

It's even funnier because I have a hard time picking fics to read usually, but I decided to try that one today for the heck of it. It was the only fic I managed to get myself to click on so far today.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Shiny Ribombee and that redish pink Scarf though :shades:

Also has anyone here played Dishonored 1 or 2? That's one of the games I got lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
. . .I read something earlier today out of curiosity that matches half of those things and has a Gengar avatar.

It's not it, but if I look up Waluigi. . .OH, found what seems to be it.

. . .

. . .Isn't that the same author name?

*checks author*

. . .GUESS WHO'S FIC I READ TODAY.

It's even funnier because I have a hard time picking fics to read usually, but I decided to try that one today for the heck of it. It was the only fic I managed to get myself to click on so far today.
... So out of all the fanfics you bothered with, it was mine the whole time? Well, I guess that's one accomplishing feat. Please tell me it was Buzzwole Takes A Stand or Morshu's New Super Ice Cream Stand and not any of the older ones.

Ok, now THIS is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten.

And I love Captain Underpants.
Watch as this gets canceled in favor of something like the Emoji Movie. :troll:
Real talk though, I never really got into Captain Underpants, but I might just watch this. Mostly because it actually utilizes a 3D version of the old artstyle, meaning it at least has to have a decent amount of effort into it.
... Come to think of it, this is kind of a trend now, isn't it? Basically throwing the 2D artstyle into a movie and turning it into a decent 3D version. Peanuts, the cancelled Popeye, this... I like this trend.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If there's one thing that sort of concerns me, it's that Kevin Hart is playing George. Nothing against him, but his voice coming out of an elementary school kid will be very odd, to put it lightly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Real talk though, I never really got into Captain Underpants, but I might just watch this. Mostly because it actually utilizes a 3D version of the old artstyle, meaning it at least has to have a decent amount of effort into it.
... Come to think of it, this is kind of a trend now, isn't it? Basically throwing the 2D artstyle into a movie and turning it into a decent 3D version. Peanuts, the cancelled Popeye, this... I like this trend.

I for one would love to see a CG readapting of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Don't judge, I'd see some potential in it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Captain Underpants was the ****s back in Elementary School. Especially the Flip-o-Rama thingy.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I for one would love to see a CG readapting of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Don't judge, I'd see some potential in it.
How would that work and the whole story of the book is just the titular caterpillar eating a bunch of fruit and becoming a butterfly?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How would that work and the whole story of the book is just the titular caterpillar eating a bunch of fruit and becoming a butterfly?
Give the caterpillar some predators, give him a real motive for wanting to be a butterfly, and have him interact with other insects during his journey to feed.

Creative liberties can be taken to make it last longer than the DVD special.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I forget which Captain Underpants book it was, but I remember my favorite moment was when they were all about to get into this huge climactic battle, and the narrator was really stressing that it was perilous. The chapter ended on "What will happen to them?"

The next chapter was a simple one-page chapter that simply said "They got away."

Younger me laughed really hard.

D

Deleted member

I forget which Captain Underpants book it was, but I remember my favorite moment was when they were all about to get into this huge climactic battle, and the narrator was really stressing that it was perilous. The chapter ended on "What will happen to them?"

The next chapter was a simple one-page chapter that simply said "They got away."

Younger me laughed really hard.
IIRC every book in the series (at least the ones I read) had a "To Make a Long Story Short" chapter with one brief sentence.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
... So out of all the fanfics you bothered with, it was mine the whole time? Well, I guess that's one accomplishing feat. Please tell me it was Buzzwole Takes A Stand or Morshu's New Super Ice Cream Stand and not any of the older ones.

The former out of those two, so you are free to lay your concerns to rest.

Undermemes and Waluigi's reasoning alone being justification for what he got detected.

The usage of a UB as a main character caught my attention.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Captain Underpants movie, huh? I remember hearing something about that, but I had totally forgotten about it until now. Read a lot of those books in Elementary school, but haven't had much to do with them since. Hopefully it turns out good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ok, now THIS is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten.

And I love Captain Underpants.
I woud say " Im excited" but Id be lying because I cant find Books like those funny anymore

Even if I did read them a lot as a kid Probably because I read more Harry Potter as a kid then that

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Got a Chik-Fi-La gift card, new headphones, getting a new laptop soon, got DBZ Mau Bluray and the Texans are in the playoffs

Great Christmas

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I assume most of us are like 20-25 here meaning most of us would know the Captain Underpants books from Elementary School.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I assume most of us are like 20-25 here meaning most of us would know the Captain Underpants books from Elementary School.
Grew up with them.

Pretty much my favorite

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Grew up with them.

Pretty much my favorite
I still have my CU collection lying somewhere. I remember when everyone brought that when we had to read in Elementary School. Made reading time much more tolerable.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I did some Wondertrades in hopes to get some X-Mas giveaway.
The first thing I get is Yungoos named Donald Trump in a Beast Ball.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I defriend any of my friends that nicknamed their yungoos that. Because, really? Not because its named Trump, but because its stupid

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

they obviously didn't do their homework. Otherwise they would have known that Gumshoos is Donald Trump :dazwa:
Though I did get one of those before as well.. along with piles of **** Pokemon that I've been releasing.. including one that was nicknamed something rude but incomplete so it wouldn't be censor blocked. I generally release everything I don't want so they don't get traded to other players..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom