• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They probably want to avoid console exclusive characters.
True, although I could see Nintendo be ok with licensing him out to all platforms. They don't seem to care about the console wars. It be cool to see.
Marvel vs Capcom 4 amiibo?

That would be cool.
That would be so surreal, but really cool.

Imagine being able to say that there's a freaking Spider Man amiibo.

It be nuts, and they could probably sell the who roster like Smash to.

Any Marvel Fanatic would be the amiibo, and Capcom fans would love to swipe special collectibles of their favorite characters. That would be so smart if it was on switch.
A question about Cosmog.
Not Nebby, the secret Cosmog. Can it evolve into the other box legendary (Lunala) if it is evolved in the opposite version (Moon)? Is that the only way to get Dex details on the opposite box legendary besides trading?
Yes that is the only way to get them.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Huh. Mom actually decides to keep trying to get a new battery and even though she usually gets somewhat enraged when a company screws up like this, she actually kept her cool. Now that's pretty good. Now hopefully the second time's the charm.

:094:

D

Deleted member

How would you feel if the Capcom side of MvC4's roster followed TvC's apparent "one character per game" rule?

In case you aren't aware or don't remember, that game's roster consisted of these characters:

• Ryu (Street Fighter)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter II)
  • Alex (Street Fighter III)
  • MegaMan Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
  • Roll (Mega Man)
  • Zero (Mega Man X)
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Kaijin no Soki (Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams)
  • Saki (Quiz Nanairo Dreams)
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • PTX-40A (Lost Planet)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The worst part is you either have to have limited villains or limited Avengers members as well.
Go full on Avengers and well, where's Thanos? Dormammu? Loki?
And in villains and some Avengers or upcoming characters won't make it.

Capcom's roster then basically guts plenty of franchises and cuts a bunch.

There's little room for newcomers as well if the roster is gutted like that.
Please be fake.

Seriously. When the twelve per company thing surfaced, my first thought was who would get snubbed for Groot. :laugh: Like, if it was 24 per company instead of all together, then yeah.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You ain't gonna let it get to ya, you just gotta creep
Down in Pumpkin Hill you gots to find ya lost piece
You know that it's here, you can sense it in ya feet
The great Emerald's power allows you to feel.
Let's take a dive in the Aquatic Mine
Once was a cold pit, now its a water ride
Bet you wanna sit back and enjoy the life
And do the things you like do to get to shine

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A question about Cosmog.
Not Nebby, the secret Cosmog. Can it evolve into the other box legendary (Lunala) if it is evolved in the opposite version (Moon)? Is that the only way to get Dex details on the opposite box legendary besides trading?
Yes that is exactly it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In terms of franchises represented:
-UMvC3 has 13 Capcom franchises out of 24 Capcom characters
-MvC3 had 10 franchises represented, as UvC3 added Strider, Frank West(Dead Rising) and Phoenix Wright. So 10 franchises out of 18 Capcom characters.
-Believe it or not, this is more than MvC2's representation, which only had 8 franchises represented and 9 if you count SonSon(the granddaughter of the protagonist of Sonson) as part of the Capcom game SonSon, as Ruby Heart and Amingo are original at the time. So 8/9 Capcom franchises out of 28 Capcom characters.
-For Tatsunoko vs Capcom, out of 13 Capcom characters, 9 Capcom franchises were represented in terms of playable characters and 10 if you count the final boss Yami of Okami.

So believe it or not, ever since Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Capcom has been getting better at spreading out and giving some other series some love.

Edit: For those asking about the first Marvel vs Capcom, out of 9 Capcom characters, 6 Capcom franchises were represented.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In terms of franchises represented:
-UMvC3 has 13 Capcom franchises out of 24 Capcom characters
-MvC3 had 10 franchises represented, as UvC3 added Strider, Frank West(Dead Rising) and Phoenix Wright. So 10 franchises out of 18 Capcom characters.
-Believe it or not, this is more than MvC2's representation, which only had 8 franchises represented and 9 if you count SonSon(the granddaughter of the protagonist of Sonson) as part of the Capcom game SonSon, as Ruby Heart and Amingo are original at the time. So 8/9 Capcom franchises out of 28 Capcom characters.
-For Tatsunoko vs Capcom, out of 13 Capcom characters, 9 Capcom franchises were represented in terms of playable characters and 10 if you count the final boss Yami of Okami.

So believe it or not, ever since Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Capcom has been getting better at spreading out and giving some other series some love.
It'll never be as bad as Capcom vs SNK games because man it was literally SNK vs Street Fighter featuring Morrigan from the Darkstalkers series in her 1997 sprite

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm only a couple minutes in and this Shantae early access is AMAAAAAAAZING!

I'm getting goosebumps, adrenaline, and can't stop smiling with this gem. And the game's art/graphics:

Best Kickstater I've even been involved with!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True, although I could see Nintendo be ok with licensing him out to all platforms. They don't seem to care about the console wars. It be cool to see.
...Are we looking at the same company here?

This is the same company that takes down harmless fan games and even blocks the creators from receiving a bit of acknowledgement for their work, on the grounds they are "protecting their IPs".

Like hell they are gonna license their characters out to a multiplat game and let those characters work on platforms owned by competitors. Even if they did let Nintendo characters into LEGO Dimensions, they definitely would make sure they are only usable on the Nintendo version of the game and would likely even have it be a special Starter Pack for the Nintendo characters. Skylanders is evidence of this.

"Nintendo doesn't care about console wars"

Console wars are a fan concept, but at the end of the day, Nintendo is a business and Sony/Microsoft are their competitors. This is the same company that pulled out of showing their new console at E3 this year, with the reasoning being they were afraid of the competition stealing ideas from them. Nintendo does like to do their own thing and occasionally outright say they don't care, but it's PR bull. They consistently show that they care about the competition through their actions.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cyn Cyn you mentioned being able to clone mons. Can you gen mons aswell? A friend of mine has a 6IV Ditto waiting for the Bank update, so is it possible for you to clone it in the future?
I cannot get mons (yet), but yes I can clone anything you want (Pokemon/Items) in the future or now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...Are we looking at the same company here?

This is the same company that takes down harmless fan games and even blocks the creators from receiving a bit of acknowledgement for their work, on the grounds they are "protecting their IPs".

Like hell they are gonna license their characters out to a multiplat game and let those characters work on platforms owned by competitors. Even if they did let Nintendo characters into LEGO Dimensions, they definitely would make sure they are only usable on the Nintendo version of the game and would likely even have it be a special Starter Pack for the Nintendo characters. Skylanders is evidence of this.

"Nintendo doesn't care about console wars"

Console wars are a fan concept, but at the end of the day, Nintendo is a business and Sony/Microsoft are their competitors. This is the same company that pulled out of showing their new console at E3 this year, with the reasoning being they were afraid of the competition stealing ideas from them. Nintendo does like to do their own thing and occasionally outright say they don't care, but it's PR bull. They consistently show that they care about the competition through their actions.
I don't think fan games really matter at all for this. That's a separate thing.

Your points are fair, but for a Lego Game, I don't think they'll really believe Ideas would be stolen from contributing to something like this. And yeah it be likely they are exclusive if they were to do it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. I know the console wars was a fan concept, hence the mentioning that it doesn't matter.

Of course, we can make guesses on what they would and wouldn't do, but until they happen, it doesn't matter as we won't know indefinitely.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I just noticed it's beginning of December right now. Man, time does really fly. I'm not gonna lie, this has been a rough year for both the world and my family personally. But I got to move on ahead after all. There is a whole future ahead to live.

People saying saying the Game Awards are today? While I can't say I'm going to watch it, I'm definitely going to watch some of the hype trailers afterwards. Capcom Cup and PSX is this weekend, so it will be time to see if dreams do come true with this whole MvC 4 business.

Lastly, what games/whatever are you people looking forward to for 2017? My list includes LoZ:BotW, Nier Automata, Persona 5, and Tekken 7. This month has The Last Guardian as well, something I've been waiting on for a long time too. If anyone else is a big dumb fighting game nerd like me, the 15th Cooperation Cup (Japan's premier 3rd Strike tournament) is happening in January. It will be a guaranteed good watch for anyone who cares.

Edit: Forgot about Red Dead Redemption 2 in there. Include that.
There's quite a number of games I'm looking forward to in 2017:
1: Breath of the Wild
2: Persona 5
3: Ni-oh
4: For (the Alliance!) Honor
5: Insomniac's Spider-Man
6: Red Dead Redemption 2
7: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and the 4.0 Collection
8: Scalebound
9: What the new Mario game will be for Switch
10: If there is a new Smash Bros/ Smash Bros Port
11: Injustice 2
12: Hopefully some more details on Final Fantasy VII Remake

And regarding these Marvel v Capcom rumours, it's really hard to say what direction the game might take. I hope it doesn't deviate too much from what made the series so popular in the first place, and a roster of 24 or so doesn't really capture a larger scope of either universes, unless there was a 'one character' from a series rule. But where's the fun in a small roster? At the moment, my 'wishlist' of characters for an MvC4 roster stands at around 30 characters from both Marvel and Capcom, amounting to 60 characters at present. With all these rumours going around, I think that this might become a 'wishful thinking' list.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think fan games really matter at all for this. That's a separate thing.

Your points are fair, but for a Lego Game, I don't think they'll really believe Ideas would be stolen from contributing to something like this. And yeah it be likely they are exclusive if they were to do it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. I know the console wars was a fan concept, hence the mentioning that it doesn't matter.

Of course, we can make guesses on what they would and wouldn't do, but until they happen, it doesn't matter as we won't know indefinitely.
Fan games do actually matter in this.

Nintendo's paranoia over their IPs is so strong that they will take down fan content (not just fan games, but fan art too. Not to mention all of the trouble YouTubers have had with Nintendo), that is harmless and non-profit most of the time.

What makes you think they would let rival companies potentially benefit off their characters? If you put Nintendo characters in LEGO Dimensions and didn't restrict them, people would just buy the PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360 version and then buy the packs of the Nintendo characters, benefiting Sony more than it does Nintendo (I know I totally would if I didn't already have the game). The Wii U version of Dimensions is terrible, so most people will avoid it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Shantae's replacement guardian half-genie has the weirdest name
Holly Lingerbean

But she ain't Shantae-tier cute.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll answer my own question.
How would you feel if the Capcom side of MvC4's roster followed TvC's apparent "one character per game" rule?

In case you aren't aware or don't remember, that game's roster consisted of these characters:

• Ryu (Street Fighter)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter II)
  • Alex (Street Fighter III)
  • MegaMan Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
  • Roll (Mega Man)
  • Zero (Mega Man X)
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Batsu (Rival Schools)
  • Kaijin no Soki (Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams)
  • Saki (Quiz Nanairo Dreams)
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • PTX-40A (Lost Planet)
It depends on who gets added, but if the roster is only going to consist of a little more than 10 Capcom characters, a more diverse roster is probably for the best.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm interested in MvC4. Liked UMvC3 on a casual level.

In terms of characters, I don't care much. I just want Mega Man back. And I'd like to see Franziska Von Karma added since she was supposed to be in one of the VS Capcom games but was scrapped.

Chrono.

Well, I just got all regular Z-Moves.

Kinda funny though, but unless you're the type to check everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if you missed out on the Bug, Ice, Psychic and Flying Z-Moves. Especially that last one.

Anyways, I think it would've been cool if the non Captain Trial Z-Moves were protected by optional Totems. Huge missed opportunity there.

Like from the top of my head I'd have done:
- Flying: Totem Toucannon
- Bug: Totem Golisopod
- Steel: Totem Dhelmise
- Poison: Totem Toxapex
- Psychic: Totem Oranguru
- Ice: Totem Crabominable
- Fairy: Totem Ribombee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Final Smash has a new comic out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fan games do actually matter in this.

Nintendo's paranoia over their IPs is so strong that they will take down fan content (not just fan games, but fan art too. Not to mention all of the trouble YouTubers have had with Nintendo), that is harmless and non-profit most of the time.

What makes you think they would let rival companies potentially benefit off their characters? If you put Nintendo characters in LEGO Dimensions and didn't restrict them, people would just buy the PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360 version and then buy the packs of the Nintendo characters, benefiting Sony more than it does Nintendo (I know I totally would if I didn't already have the game). The Wii U version of Dimensions is terrible, so most people will avoid it.
The system might not sell, but at the very least they'd make money off of the packs and him being there. To fix a Wii U Version, I wouldn't be surprised to see that game get ported to Switch with it's next big update as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The system might not sell, but at the very least they'd make money off of the packs and him being there. To fix a Wii U Version, I wouldn't be surprised to see that game get ported to Switch with it's next big update as well.
They wouldn't make enough money to justify doing it, though (both LEGO and TT Games would have to get a cut too for making the figures and game content respectively). Something like this only makes sense if it's exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Also, Arthur Parsons (one of the head honchos on the game), recently did an AMA on Reddit, and said they aren't making any other versions of LEGO Dimensions. It's easy to see why, it doesn't make a lot of sense to considering how they are approaching the game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I severely doubt Nintendo would even think twice of putting one of their characters on a system that isn't their's or mobile.

Bowser and Donkey Kong were exclusive to Nintendo systems in Skylanders. If Nintendo characters were in LEGO Dimensions, they would be exclusive.

D

Deleted member

>Has the Wii Virtual Console version of Majora's Mask.
>Can't upgrade to the Wii U VC version for a discounted price.
Thankfully this issue was fixed with the newest eShop update. Those wanting to upgrade should only have to pay $2.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I should probably not play the Shantae early access all the way. I want some excitement remaining when I get my hands on my Wii U version when the time comes.

On the other hand, it's so fun and GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've captured every Legendary obtainable in Pokémon Sun. The last one I need is Lunala, and I will have to wait for that one.

For now, I'm going to work on training Link Trade Pokémon so I can trade/trade back them AND use them in battles. This includes Pokémon such as Alakazam, Machamp, Gengar and so on.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If MVC4 only has 24 characters at launch, I'd imagine they're going to do with what they're doing with SFV and gradually release more characters over time. I just hope it's handled better.

D

Deleted member

Well, I just got all regular Z-Moves.

Kinda funny though, but unless you're the type to check everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if you missed out on the Bug, Ice, Psychic and Flying Z-Moves. Especially that last one.

Anyways, I think it would've been cool if the non Captain Trial Z-Moves were protected by optional Totems. Huge missed opportunity there.

Like from the top of my head I'd have done:
- Flying: Totem Toucannon
- Bug: Totem Golisopod
- Steel: Totem Dhelmise
- Poison: Totem Toxapex
- Psychic: Totem Oranguru
- Ice: Totem Crabominable
- Fairy: Totem Ribombee
But Dhelmise isn't part Steel

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Game Awards are starting soon but I have class tomorrow and should sleep, but at the same time, I just want to keep listening to Sonic vocal themes because I've been on a kick for that lately.

God damn it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of my fellow employees is being blackmailed over Facebook. Apparently it's common enough that Facebook has a form for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If MVC4 only has 24 characters at launch, I'd imagine they're going to do with what they're doing with SFV and gradually release more characters over time. I just hope it's handled better.
If Marvel throws enough money at the project over time, that should be the case. I feel some of these rumors might not be true, but some of them do sound believable.

I just hope Capcom's side of the roster starts off pretty cool. We already are likely to hold an L for the lack of X-Men and Doom.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda weird Poni Island has a fairy captain.

I think the only fairy there is:210:

I'm guessing Granbull would be the fairy Totem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom