• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's an interesting topic of conversation.

What do you guys think of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare vs Battlefield 1 debacle.
There's a debacle over this?

I've always found the two franchises way too different to compare.

Especially now that Infinite Warfare is all futuristic while Battlefield 1 is set during a historic era.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

What do you guys think of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare vs Battlefield 1 debacle.
Let me guess, fans still miss the days when Call of Duty used to be realistic and historical?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The real casualty is Titanfall 2.
Great game but EA, in their infinite wisdom, decided to release it between Battlefield and CoD whilst Xbox also has Gears.
Hope it has legs like Rainbow Six did because it's a fantastic package with one of the best campaigns in any shooter and a great MP.

CoD:IW vs BF1 is just the usual **** slinging between the fans cranked up a notch.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The point I was making on the last part was that "who is the better princess?" with Rosalina being an option is dumb because she isn't a princess to begin with. :p
Oh, duh! How could I forget about that detail? :facepalm:

Too bad not a sane fan will ever get that and still call her one. It's like the "Ike is a Lord" debacle again.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aesthetically, Battlefield 1 appeals to me more.

Not sure how historically accurate it is. I'm sure magazines hold a zillion rounds of ammo tho.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seeing Aaron Webber and the Twitch chat show all of this enthusiasm for Sonic Unleashed in the stream is making me feel nice. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No, but seriously, Ryouka's boobs in Occultic;Nine are bigger than the amount of LN source material that was cramped in the first episode
View attachment 120613
These aren't even your usual "big anime boobs", this breaks even a suspension of disbelief big enough to allow one to watch **** like Keijo.
The real paranormal activities in this show are the mysterious hidden forces that allow her to stand upright and prevent her from having back problems
What is it with Animes doing this to girls

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's kind of interesting.

Both games scored great and most reviewers said both were fun.

But as an outsider, the fan war is sure is something.

Infinite Warfare is admittedly one of the few times I'm interested in a Call of Duty game due to the futuristic premise and apparently great campaign.

Battlefield 1 appeals to the history buff in me.

Peculiar.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
... a suspension of disbelief big enough to allow one to watch **** like Keijo.
I tried for like a quarter of the manga but the whole time my mind was going "physics in this world is ****ed for the sake of pandering to sad, lonely males." When they started doing the super move stuff I closed the tab in disgust.
Anime was a huge steak, and we made it. Time to read books instead.

Sounds like a confected debate for trivial reasons.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'm don't really care about the two games to be honest.

Though I never understood why Infinite Warfare became one of the most disliked videos on YouTube.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What's the discussion of Rosalina and Daisy?

Sometimes I like to think what Peach herself would think if she found out people were trying to decide which of her friends was ''better."

Something tells me she'd very feistly not like it very much and go on a tirade about how they're both perfectly fine characters/people and everyone should just chill.

I know as prominently a Rosalina fan and then also a fan of Daisy, it's very hard to be a fan of both, because the way that people treat the situation between those two is just ridiculous.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Infinite Warfare is admittedly one of the few times I'm interested in a Call of Duty game due to the futuristic premise and apparently great campaign.

Peculiar.
Battlefield 1's setting alone makes it a better game in my opinion.

It's arguably the modern world's most important event, and seeing the Great War through a soldiers eyes makes for an interesting experience.

I'll never play it though, I'd probably break down emotionally. It's our screwed up world's prologue.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

They both look super fun. But Battlefield 1 appeals to me more personally because it's Battlefield. Big, epic battles of 32v32 teams. The setting is cool too, but I still wish they did a 2143, but I understand why they didn't.

As for Infinite Warfare, it looks pretty dope, especially because of it's futuristic setting and SPACE. I think that's really the biggest reason I gained interest in CoD again, the futuristic setting appeals to me. All they need to do is add lasers and we're set.
No, but seriously, Ryouka's boobs in Occultic;Nine are bigger than the amount of LN source material that was cramped in the first episode
View attachment 120613
These aren't even your usual "big anime boobs", this breaks even a suspension of disbelief big enough to allow one to watch **** like Keijo.
The real paranormal activities in this show are the mysterious hidden forces that allow her to stand upright and prevent her from having back problems
Could be bigger.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Not sure how historically accurate it is.
Gameplay wise, absolutely nothing about it. It's as if the weapons designers binge-watched Forgotten Weapons YT channel about everything up 'til 1918 and threw it in.
Edit: then again, I'm not expecting WW1 ARMA, Story-wise it tells impossible tales of game-y ultra-humans in believable settings.
Then there's that campaign mission where you're an Italian juggernaut with body armor (?????????) with dual aircraft machine guns re-purposed for ground use capturing a mountain virtually by yourself.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Though I never understood why Infinite Warfare became one of the most disliked videos on YouTube.
Some people didn't want another futuristic CoD game. So combine that with the "haters" and bandwagoners and it picks up.

Plenty of those people then probably brought the game anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's the discussion of Rosalina and Daisy?

Sometimes I like to think what Peach herself would think if she found out people were trying to decide which of her friends was ''better."

Something tells me she'd very feistly not like it very much and go on a tirade about how they're both perfectly fine characters/people and everyone should just chill.

I know as prominently a Rosalina fan and then also a fan of Daisy, it's very hard to be a fan of both, because the way that people treat the situation between those two is just ridiculous.
Same can be said if you happen to be a fan of her and Waaaaaaaaaa.

Both of them are good, damn it. Too bad it's all about who has the better meme and sound less annoying when they scream.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Some people didn't want another futuristic CoD game. So combine that with the "haters" and bandwagoners and it picks up.

That makes sense. Wasn't Call of Duty unique in it's time due to being more grounded in reality than other shooters (Halo)?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Gameplay wise, absolutely nothing about it. It's as if the weapons designers binge-watched Forgotten Weapons YT channel about everything up 'til 1918 and threw it in.
Edit: then again, I'm not expecting WW1 ARMA, Story-wise it tells impossible tales of game-y ultra-humans in believable settings.
Then there's that campaign mission where you're an Italian juggernaut with body armor (?????????) with dual aircraft machine guns re-purposed for ground use capturing a mountain virtually by yourself.
That's a shame. I would have liked to see the futility of the war accurately translated.

Then again, sitting around in a trench only to be killed in a charge isn't very fun, right?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Peculiar.
Is it's campaign historically accurate though?
Doesn't matter to me the setting, but if it's based off history, then it's campaign better accurately reflect what actually happened.
As a history buff myself, that is the only really thing that would appeal to me about the game.
Never been a fan of FPS games.....Now, a first person fighting game, like FP Street Fighter/Tekken/Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/Smash, etc. ? I would play the **** out of one of those games.
But yeah, historical accuracy matters to me a lot. It's one of my main reasons for disliking Mulan.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I think it's because ever since Black Ops 2, every CoD game has taken place in a futuristic setting. But honestly, Black Ops 2 and Ghosts aren't super far into the future. The only ones that take better advantage of the future are Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3

That makes sense. Wasn't Call of Duty unique in it's time due to being more grounded in reality than other shooters (Halo)?
It was unique because it did Modern Warfare when everyone else was still stuck in WWII (except Battlefield, but that was when it was PC only)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

CoD: Infinite Warfare or Battlefield 1?
My answer is Metroid Prime 4 whenever Nintendo decides to actually make it....:p

The Primes are the only FPS games I've really put serious time into...I have played my share of Black Ops and Halo and a little Medal of Honor but I can't really be too interested in too many FPS's...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I thought it was mostly because of the whole "you have to pre-order this to get MW1 Remastered" issue. That's all the comments seemed to talk about.

----------

>Aaron is playing the Tornado Defense stage in Unleashed
>Mashes buttons at the start even though there are no enemies
>Suddenly Tails says "CALM DOWN SONIC"

I didn't know you could do that, that's hilarious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Chip is basically Aaron if he were in the Sonic universe"

Chip being the meme man is now canon.

Aaron being a deity who protects the planet is also canon now.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Opinions on what, exactly?
Any reason in particular why?
Recently, I feel like World of Warcraft has annoyed me for various reasons. To be specific, it feels like Blizzard does not pay attention to the Hunter class in the game (which was a class I used to love playing back in the older expansions). When Legion (the newest expansion) came along, the class was reworked completely, with all the specializations (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival) being different from their older incarnations. It no longer feels the same game-play wise, and even though they brought back the old Aspect in the Cheetah (provides a 30% passive moment increase) and are planning on bringing back traps for all the specializations (which was fundamental for Hunters), it still does not redeem the class for me as it once was. A good majority of pets (the companions for hunters) lost their only unique abilities (likes Boars, Hydra's, and Dog's) and are now cosmetic skins, which is what pets SHOULD NOT be. It's felt terrible to me and has completely deviated me away from BM with its entire revamp and has forced me to switch to Marksmanship due to how bad it plays in my eyes.

Plus, as a minor fact, I've tended to focus on WOW way more then I should (even though the main purpose in playing it for me was just for time passing purposes), and I guess I've been distracted from stuff like work and such because of that. Sounds like I should uninstall it.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
What the the ****, Im listening to a spanish anime radio station on my phone and in the middle of THE HERO !!, I heard a ****ing duck quack
.........You're listening to The Hero on a spanish radio station? Is it being sung in spanish, or is the station just spanish?
Also, there's a frog ribbiting in Heathens.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Recently, I feel like World of Warcraft has annoyed me for various reasons. To start, it feels like Blizzard does not pay attention to the Hunter class in the game (which was a class I used to love playing back in the older expansions). When Legion (the newest expansion came along), the class was reworked completely, with all the specializations (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival) being different from their older incarnations. It no longer feels the same game-play wise, and even though they brought back the old Aspect in the Cheetah (provides a 30% passive moment increase) and are planning on bringing back traps for all the Specialization (which was fundamental for Hunters), it still does not redeem the class for me as it once was. A good majority of pets (the companions for hunters) lost their only unique abilities (likes Boars, Hydra's, and Dog's) and are now cosmetic skins, which is what pets SHOULD NOT be. It's felt terrible to me and has completely deviated me away from BM with its entire revamp; it frustrates me.

Plus, as a minor fact, I've tended to focus on WOW way more then I should (even though the main purpose in playing it for me was just for time passing purposes), and I guess I've been distracted from stuff like work and such because of that. Sounds like I should uninstall it.
Wow, I'm glad I left World of Warcraft before the hunter changed

Hunter was my favorite class

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Recently, I feel like World of Warcraft has annoyed me for various reasons. For one, it feels like Blizzard does not pay attention to the Hunter class in the game (which was a class I used to love playing back in the older expansions). When Legion (the newest expansion came along), the class was reworked completely, with all the specializations (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival) being different from their older incarnations. It no longer has felt the same, and even though they brought back the old Aspect in the Cheetah (provides a 30% passive moment increase) and are planning on bringing back traps for all the Specialization (which was fundamental for Hunters), it still does not feel the same as it once was to me. A good majority of pets (the companions for hunters) lost their only unique abilities (likes Boars, Hydra's, and Dog's) and are now cosmetic skins, which is what pets SHOULD NOT be. It's felt terrible to me and has completely deviated me away from BM with its entire revamp; it frustrates me.

Yeah, just stop playing it for a while.

I've gotten the same way with certain games in the past, such as Smash and Sonic Runners. In both cases, I just stopped playing them.

If a game is legitimately stressing you out or causing frustration, that's a sign that it's time to give it a break. You aren't having a justified amount of fun for the amount of time/money you may be trying to invest in it, making the experience lose it's worth.

And if it's interfering with important things like work or studies, that's even more reason to give it break.

I'd say just abstain from playing the game in general for at least a week, and then try easing back into it with smaller play sessions than before. I don't know if WoW facilitates that very well but it's worth trying anyway.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Recently, I feel like World of Warcraft has annoyed me for various reasons. To start, it feels like Blizzard does not pay attention to the Hunter class in the game (which was a class I used to love playing back in the older expansions). When Legion (the newest expansion came along), the class was reworked completely, with all the specializations (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, and Survival) being different from their older incarnations. It no longer feels the same game-play wise, and even though they brought back the old Aspect in the Cheetah (provides a 30% passive moment increase) and are planning on bringing back traps for all the Specialization (which was fundamental for Hunters), it still does not redeem the class for me as it once was. A good majority of pets (the companions for hunters) lost their only unique abilities (likes Boars, Hydra's, and Dog's) and are now cosmetic skins, which is what pets SHOULD NOT be. It's felt terrible to me and has completely deviated me away from BM with its entire revamp and has forced me to switch to Marksmanship due to how bad it plays in my eyes.

My sincerest apologies, I don't really understand most of that since I don't play WOW, but if it's getting in the way of things like work, and you're feeling down about it, perhaps it would be best to uninstall it, or at the very least, take a break from it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
yeah, at that point, its safe to say uninstall
.........You're listening to The Hero on a spanish radio station? Is it being sung in spanish, or is the station just spanish?
Also, there's a frog ribbiting in Heathens.
No its in Japanese, the station is just a Spanish station. Unless he was speaking Japanese but so fast I couldnt tell

also the duck noise kept happening into the 2nd song.
Also also I heard unravel, Tokyo Ghouls opening, one after another on two different radio stations, it was nuts

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Don't worry, the coming global financial collapse and civil / proxy wars will be great fodder for the FPS games of future generations. No longer will we be stuck in some fantasy of the present or unbelievable future or worn relic of the past.
Sounds like I should uninstall it.
Agreed. Did the same thing with a few games I was playing, and I feel much better. The difficult part is finding something fulfilling and worthwhile to work at / do.
Edit: As for WoW particularly: Blizzard slightly dumbed down a lot of the niche world-exploring stuff and uniqueness.
I'm just waiting for the day when things... change and private servers and fan works will be accepted and protected norms.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bored Post. I thought of some Signature Z-Moves for some Pokémon. This obviously means only these Pokémon may use the specified Z-Move, and I go into brief detail of what they do.
Name: Elemental Rampage
Pokémon: Starter Pokémon
Description: Manually and permanently activates Overgrow, Blaze or Torrent, even if they have their hidden abilities, until the battle ends. Uses a STAB Grass/Fire/Water move to activate.
---
Name: Prehistoric Awakening
Pokémon: Fossil Pokémon
Description: Gives the Pokemon +1 to both defenses, casts Protect, and casts Recover at the same time. This Z-Move has Protect-level priority and uses a Rock STAB's PP to activate.
---
Name: Legends Of Kanto
Pokémon: Legendary Birds
Description: A Powerful Tri-Attack-like attack that summons the other two birds to help attack that deals Fire, Electric and Ice damage.
---
Name: Hyper Stormfront
Pokémon: Electivire
Description: A powerful electrical attack that always leaves the target paralyzed. Must know an Electric attack to use.
---
Name: Molten Meteor
Pokémon: Magmorter
Description: A powerful fiery attack that always leaves the target burned. Must know a Fire attack to use.
---
Name: Aura Storm
Pokémon: Lucario
Description: A blast of pure Aura that never misses as well as breaks through Protect. Must know Aura Sphere to use (finally making Brawl Lucario's cool looking Final Smash canon!).
---
Name: Artistic Annihilation
Pokémon: Smeargle
Description: A rainbow-colored ink beam is blasted at the foe, dealing tremendous damage. Must know Sketch to use.
---
Name: Beautiful Moon Dance
Pokémon: Clefairy
Description: A group of Clefairy gather together and dance under the shining moon, giving the entire team 1+ Speed when they are on the battlefield. Must know Moonblast to use.
---
Name: Power Of Alph
Pokémon: Unown
Description: A horde of Unown of every letter, including ! and ?, gather and together fires a Hidden Power beam at the foe. This move's power is always super strong, but its type depends on the Unown's Hidden Power type.
---
Name: The Last Word
Pokémon: Wobbofett
Description: A counter attack that takes the rest of Wobbofett's HP, times it by 2, faints and deals that much damage to the enemy. Must know Destiny Bond to use.
Some of these are really nasty. Especially :202:'s.

I regret nothing. :4megaman:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah, just stop playing it for a while.

I've gotten the same way with certain games in the past, such as Smash and Sonic Runners. In both cases, I just stopped playing them.

If a game is legitimately stressing you out or causing frustration, that's a sign that it's time to give it a break. You aren't having a justified amount of fun for the amount of time/money you may be trying to invest in it, making the experience lose it's worth.

And if it's interfering with important things like work or studies, that's even more reason to give it break.

I'd say just abstain from playing the game in general for at least a week, and then try easing back into it with smaller play sessions than before. I don't know if WoW facilitates that very well but it's worth trying anyway.
My sincerest apologies, I don't really understand most of that since I don't play WOW, but if it's getting in the way of things like work, and you're feeling down about it, perhaps it would be best to uninstall it, or at the very least, take a break from it.
yeah, at that point, its safe to say uninstall
I agree. Did the same thing with a few games I was playing, and I feel much better. The difficult part is finding something fulfilling and worthwhile to work at / do.
I appreciate your feedback here on this situation, guys. One thing I should of mentioned was that it's actually homework/studies that I tend to spend less time doing because of WOW. I was thinking after the next patch's details come out, I'll decide to either stick around for a bit longer or just call it quits for good.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
after the next patch's details come out, I'll decide to either stick around for a tiny bit longer or just call it quits for good.
Thats what they all say
Then they look, open up the game " Just to see" and they are right back in

There is a character on a Mobile game called Mystic Messenger that played a parody of wow. He said he was gonna quit. " Imma long on to delete my characters"

Couple chats later, he is playing the game again. He was also a college student lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom