• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's nintendo network agreement is getting a little scary.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
So I read thru all of the agreement, It said it will force us to update without us knowing and will get rid of any mods on the system... And it also said if I were to put mods on the console my wii would self destruct... (jk bricked) How do you feel about this?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I read thru all of the agreement, It said it will force us to update without us knowing and will get rid of any mods on the system... And it also said if I were to put mods on the console my wii would self destruct... (jk bricked) How do you feel about this?
I know nothing about the Wii U modding community, but I can nearly guarantee that modders can and will find a way to circumvent it and stop the console from being able to update automatically. People who have the knowledge and resources that allow them to mod in the first place generally also have the knowledge and resources to circumvent anything to stop them from doing that.

As for removing mods, that's not new. Neither is the bricking thing. They want to scare people into not modding, and they want to discourage people from modding. If they discourage it, nobody can hold them liable or expect help from them after they screw something up modding incorrectly.

I enjoy modding things (my Wii is still all modded up), and so on a personal level I find the efforts against modding to be frustrating, but the fact of the matter is that modding can create problems with online play and allows people to pirate games, so I can't entirely blame them for it either.

Top Bottom