• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's Large Caterpillar, Wiggler Support Thread

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I know the idea sounds bad, and it sorta is. The idea of Wiggler in Smash are further supported by these reasons.

!. Wiggler has a unique ability that makes him go mad after he is hit, so after he passes a certain percent he can turn red and have his stats increase.
2. Wiggler is shown as a boss in multiple games, so he represents more of a character than a enemy.
3. Wiggler still represents the main Mario franchise since he appears in Mario's main adventures.
4. Wiggler latest playable appearance depicted him as having 8 limbs, 4 arms and 4 legs. No other character has 8 limbs, aside from Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Dog but both have 2 fighters as one.
5. Wiggler is a bug. We have no bugs in Smash so why not. ( I know, that reason barley increases his chances )
6 Wiggler can represent other Mario enemies with his palette swaps, like Goomba, Koopa, Shy Guy, and the boss Squiggler. ( M&L PT )

Arguments:

!. Wiggler isn't the most fitting secondary Mario villain. ex. King Boo, Petey Piranha, Big Bob-omb etc.
2. Wiggler isn't to popular of a pick, since if he gets picked we may still not have Waluigi, Toad, and Daisy ( even though I don't want her in Smash )
3. It may be to hard to think of a move set for Wiggler, unless he is planned from the beginning which is unlikely.
4. Wiggler could be broken if his stats go higher after a certain percent if rage does or doesn't come back, plus it's similar to Lucario's Aura ability.

Why I Want Him:
Wiggler would be a unique fighter and represents one of the weirdest Mario enemies. Plus, Wiggler is another villain and potential heavy weight.

I don't think we may ever see wiggler in Smash, but we can always dream and give him are support.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I support! It's always nice to show characters who are never going to get, like Kratos (God of War), King Boo (Luigi's Mansion), Caineghis (Fire Emblem), Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet), Raymond Bryce (Disaster: Day of Crisis), etc some love.

Last edited:
Top Bottom