• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! Final Flight Call! Get the votes in heroes!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I too like to support underdog characters thanks to @Parrothead1983 but I was expecting if you could contact Mr. Smith. Sadly I don't see much chances on Lark.
So, you like retro too? Well, that's great! Also, that's what I thought you'd say about Lark. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Seriously, I'm not going to be all delusional and say, "HE WILL GET INTO SMASH 4!! HE'S ONE OF THE LOCKS FOR DLC!!!
Yeah, I'm not going to be that guy. However, I WILL say that I'll be pushing it into high gear, come Smash 5. Still, at the moment for Smash 4, well...A guy can dream, right? Also, I will say this much : THANK YOU. All of you who supported Pilot Wings getting a character for Smash for all this time. You don't know how happy I am that you all still agreed to let me put you on the support list, even though we all know a PW character more than likely will NOT be happening this Smash. Heck, maybe not even the next one, but the point is, I'm grateful to you all for your support. As a reward, and I sort of wanted to save this for AFTER the Smash Ballot, but I may as well give everyone who's supported PW getting a character in Smash this now:
Thank you, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, and @BluePikmin11

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
No, I am not saying anything against Lark. But sadly if he trully is Nester, then no way will Sakurai ever consider him as he did not originate in video games. But then again, ROB and MGW did not exactly originate directly on video games. Guess I pick Shirley because not only I like retro and underdog characters, but female ones as well and she fits those descriptions right in. So don't give up, the Ballot has some days left.

Well despite that I have to go to bed early and having such a slow notebook, I did searched around and found Ivan Smith's webpage and way to contact him. I may try later but if you wish go ahead:

http://austinivansmith.com/contact.htm

email: austin.ivansmith@gmail.com
blog: ivandashsmith.blogspot.com

Also, sorry for being a self promoting hole; but can some of you guys check and give opinion on my Carrie Fernandez thread?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No, I am not saying anything against Lark. But sadly if he trully is Nester, then no way will Sakurai ever consider him as he did not originate in video games. But then again, ROB and MGW did not exactly originate directly on video games. Guess I pick Shirley because not only I like retro and underdog characters, but female ones as well and she fits those descriptions right in. So don't give up, the Ballot has some days left.

Well despite that I have to go to bed early and having such a slow notebook, I did searched around and found Ivan Smith's webpage and way to contact him. I may try later but if you wish go ahead:

http://austinivansmith.com/contact.htm

email: austin.ivansmith@gmail.com
blog: ivandashsmith.blogspot.com

Also, sorry for being a self promoting hole; but can some of you guys check and give opinion on my Carrie Fernandez thread?
No, no. It's OK. I get where you're coming from with the whole "Nester" thing. Actually, I think that might just be in our favor. I mean, what are the odds that Nester has been seen in Japan? (I mean not counting his appearance AS Lark in PW 64, of course.:p) That being said, Lark would probably have a chance as it's possible that Sakurai would refer to him more as Lark than Nester. Also, would you mind doing it for me? I'm very shy.Embarrass Also, Carrie Fernandez. Wait, is THAT who's been on you sig all this time? I've been meaning to ask you about her, but I've been a bit lazy to get around to it. So...what's her story?

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
No, no. It's OK. I get where you're coming from with the whole "Nester" thing. Actually, I think that might just be in our favor. I mean, what are the odds that Nester has been seen in Japan? (I mean not counting his appearance AS Lark in PW 64, of course.:p) That being said, Lark would probably have a chance as it's possible that Sakurai would refer to him more as Lark than Nester. Also, would you mind doing it for me? I'm very shy.Embarrass Also, Carrie Fernandez. Wait, is THAT who's been on you sig all this time? I've been meaning to ask you about her, but I've been a bit lazy to get around to it. So...what's her story?
No, the blonde woman who I mainly support is Sophitia Alexandra from the Soul Calibur series. Carrie Fernandez is a young girl from the Castlevania 64 games with magical powers.

Going to try and contact Mr. Smith this weekend. Wish me luck but I suggest for you and others to do it too.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No, the blonde woman who I mainly support is Sophitia Alexandra from the Soul Calibur series. Carrie Fernandez is a young girl from the Castlevania 64 games with magical powers.

Going to try and contact Mr. Smith this weekend. Wish me luck but I suggest for you and others to do it too.
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure who was who. Also, thank you for trying to contact him. BTW, if you manage to get in contact with him, could you ask him about both Shirley AND Lark, please?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure who was who. Also, thank you for trying to contact him. BTW, if you manage to get in contact with him, could you ask him about both Shirley AND Lark, please?
Well I managed to contact him. Here is his reply for which I am deeply grateful:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh, wow! That's great! Say, should I change the title of the thread just for fun, or what? BTW, what did he say on Lark from PW 64, BTW?:nervous:
Well you could say Ivan Smith from Wayforward supports any Pilotwings stuff on Smash. But he seems pretty generic on it as he does not specify on Lark. Maybe you should try and e-mail him further questions. He seems OK with it,

smashkirby

Smash Hero
THANK YOU. All of you who supported Pilot Wings getting a character for Smash for all this time. You don't know how happy I am that you all still agreed to let me put you on the support list, even though we all know a PW character more than likely will NOT be happening this Smash. Heck, maybe not even the next one, but the point is, I'm grateful to you all for your support. As a reward, and I sort of wanted to save this for AFTER the Smash Ballot, but I may as well give everyone who's supported PW getting a character in Smash this now:
Thank you, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, @BluePikmin11, @BoltDragon, @SuperSegaSonicSS and @falcomaster925. For everything, I salute you.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
THANK YOU. All of you who supported Pilot Wings getting a character for Smash for all this time. You don't know how happy I am that you all still agreed to let me put you on the support list, even though we all know a PW character more than likely will NOT be happening this Smash. Heck, maybe not even the next one, but the point is, I'm grateful to you all for your support. As a reward, and I sort of wanted to save this for AFTER the Smash Ballot, but I may as well give everyone who's supported PW getting a character in Smash this now:
Thank you, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, @BluePikmin11, @BoltDragon, @SuperSegaSonicSS and @falcomaster925. For everything, I salute you.

It's been a honor serving you until the very end. While Lark might haven't got that recognition during the wake of the ballot, he can still be viewed as a consideration for the future of the many possible choices out there. Might as well enjoy the night with some SNES Pilotwings to show of that sense of gratitude for pushing him after all this time.

Any thoughts Gene Gene POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA and @8-peacock-8?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

It's been a honor serving you until the very end. While Lark might haven't got that recognition during the wake of the ballot, he can still be viewed as a consideration for the future of the many possible choices out there. Might as well enjoy the night with some SNES Pilotwings to show of that sense of gratitude for pushing him after all this time.

Mii costume when? Seriously, that would be pretty neat.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mii costume when? Seriously, that would be pretty neat.
Yes it would be neat. That's whenever Nintendo can realize that there are more PW64 characters that need more spotlight than Mecha Hawk and Sakurai stop ignoring those games.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Well, hopefully in the future some Pilotwings character gets in Smash (or another game would be nice). Still gotta finish that Pilotwings 64.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Yes it would be neat. That's whenever Nintendo can realize that there are more PW64 characters that need more spotlight than Mecha Hawk and Sakurai stop ignoring those games.
Yep. I love the Pilot Wings stage so much I just wish Sakurai would give us more content from the series. Even Mii costumes, since Sakurai seems to constantly release packs of them he almost makes it look easy.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Thank you...:crying:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Matter of fact, why hasn't this been done already?
Because of relevance. Even Nintendo would be smart enough to have Mecha Hawk appear in PWR and not the original cast. It's because those Miis were overmilked so hard back then.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, everyone. I threw in my final vote for Lark (and Pilot Wings 64 as a whole) to get more recognition in Smash.

AGAIN, THANK YOU. All of you who supported Pilot Wings getting a character for Smash for all this time. You don't know how happy I am that you all still agreed to let me put you on the support list, even though we all know a PW character more than likely will NOT be happening this Smash. Heck, maybe not even the next one, but the point is, I'm grateful to you all for your support. As a reward, and I sort of wanted to save this for AFTER the Smash Ballot, but I may as well give everyone who's supported PW getting a character in Smash this now:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So what are your finals words for this moment @StaffofSmashing @Hippopotasauce and Freduardo Freduardo ?
Honestly, I hope the others get my message. I REALLY do want to thank them for their support. I know PW getting a character isn't THAT likely, but still....uniqueness seems to be what the Smash Ballot is going for, so I did my best. Matter of fact, my final vote for Lark was about the moveset I made up for him.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So what are your finals words for this moment @StaffofSmashing @Hippopotasauce and Freduardo Freduardo ?
The amount of action this thread got makes me hope we see Pilotwings U next year and Nester's Funky Bowling 3DS, as that would make Lark/Nester pretty much a shoe in for Smash 5. It's been a lot of fun, it's unlikely, but I'd say this character movement definitely surpassed all expectations.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The amount of action this thread got makes me hope we see Pilotwings U next year and Nester's Funky Bowling 3DS, as that would make Lark/Nester pretty much a shoe in for Smash 5. It's been a lot of fun, it's unlikely, but I'd say this character movement definitely surpassed all expectations.
Well, High-Flying Heroes. The ballot is STILL open. If you could throw in one more vote for Pilot Wings getting a new character, we may have one more shot.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yep. I love the Pilot Wings stage so much I just wish Sakurai would give us more content from the series. Even Mii costumes, since Sakurai seems to constantly release packs of them he almost makes it look easy.
Well you could say Ivan Smith from Wayforward supports any Pilotwings stuff on Smash. But he seems pretty generic on it as he does not specify on Lark. Maybe you should try and e-mail him further questions. He seems OK with it,
Guys, the Japanese Smash Ballot is CLOSED. The US version's link is gone, but it's supposedly possible to still reach the link. Don't know how though. BTW, if Lark (or any PW character) was in Smash, what do you think they'd be? Starter, Unlockable, or DLC?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Guys, the Japanese Smash Ballot is CLOSED. The US version's link is gone, but it's supposedly possible to still reach the link. Don't know how though. BTW, if Lark (or any PW character) was in Smash, what do you think they'd be? Starter, Unlockable, or DLC?
DLC or starter. If they make a clone with a different PW character they'd be unlockable.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I really wanted for you at ask Mr. Smith as I was really busy with work and family issues plus maybe you had better questions than mine.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really wanted for you at ask Mr. Smith as I was really busy with work and family issues plus maybe you had better questions than mine.
Oh, I'm getting around to it. I understand that you have more important things to do as well. Also, what I was asking was if Lark (or any other Pilot Wings character) was playable in Smash, do you think they'd be available from the start of the game, unlockable later on, or simply DLC down the line?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
BTW, forgot to ask, can you think of any ways to unlock them if any of you think they'd be unlockable to begin with?
Ideally a pilotwings event match. Like do the pilotwings stage except with a lot more barrel rolls, make the player be able to not get thrown off by the plane.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm getting around to it. I understand that you have more important things to do as well. Also, what I was asking was if Lark (or any other Pilot Wings character) was playable in Smash, do you think they'd be available from the start of the game, unlockable later on, or simply DLC down the line?
Not saying it is more important, but yes I got busy. Also I fear Mr. Smith would think I am stalking him or something too much, plus maybe you have better questions.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Sorry for not replying before but yes regardless if they add a Pilotwings character or a Pilotwings costume I'm for more Pilotwings content.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If they made pilot wings mii costumes, what class would they be? Which characters would get costumes? And would the classes change by the characters?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If they made pilot wings mii costumes, what class would they be? Which characters would get costumes? And would the classes change by the characters?
Lark, Kiwi, and Goose can easily work as Brawlers since they lack the guns to be Gunners or weapons to be Swordsmen. Unless for some reason, at least one of them would wield a plastic model of a Light Plane as a weapon or make the same plane into a gun-like weapon (Heck, a Submachine Gun was pretty clever as an item).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Lark, Kiwi, and Goose can easily work as Brawlers since they lack the guns to be Gunners or weapons to be Swordsmen. Unless for some reason, at least one of them would wield a plastic model of a Light Plane as a weapon or make the same plane into a gun-like weapon (Heck, a Submachine Gun was pretty clever as an item).
Yeah, that seems about right. BTW, guys, 'll bet you've heard already, but there's a rumor floating around that a new Nintendo character will be announced for Smash soon. I don't suppose you know where I'm going with all of this, but out of curiosity, what would you all think about an out-of left field character form Pilot Wings? BTW, any of you vote for a PW character in the Smash Ballot before it closed? Speaking of which, I should probably change the title of this thread...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, that seems about right. BTW, guys, 'll bet you've heard already, but there's a rumor floating around that a new Nintendo character will be announced for Smash soon. I don't suppose you know where I'm going with all of this, but out of curiosity, what would you all think about an out-of left field character form Pilot Wings? BTW, any of you vote for a PW character in the Smash Ballot before it closed? Speaking of which, I should probably change the title of this thread...
While a Pilotwings character being the next newcomer would be fine, there is a bit of a problem with it. Lark fits the idea of not winning the ballot, but he wouldn't have that hype scale of 6-9 going for him like Roger and the others said. I'm sure the few of us would be a happy with a Pilotiwngs character, though the general public would not be hyped and probably downplay him for being too obscure. This is why I'm sticking with my bet that the Inklings are going to be that revealed character.

And Lark's day in the Rate Their Chances Thread had finally arrived. Going to rate him after a long day of class and I can tell that things will not go well because of his obscurity/lack of requests.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...edition-day-176-riki-and-lark.398604/page-293

smashkirby

Smash Hero
While a Pilotwings character being the next newcomer would be fine, there is a bit of a problem with it. Lark fits the idea of not winning the ballot, but he wouldn't have that hype scale of 6-9 going for him like Roger and the others said. I'm sure the few of us would be a happy with a Pilotiwngs character, though the general public would not be hyped and probably downplay him for being too obscure. This is why I'm sticking with my bet that the Inklings are going to be that revealed character.

And Lark's day in the Rate Their Chances Thread had finally arrived. Going to rate him after a long day of class and I can tell that things will not go well because of his obscurity/lack of requests.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...edition-day-176-riki-and-lark.398604/page-293
Oh, believe you me, I'm SO certain it won't be a PW character, but always nice to dream, right?:p Also, RTC. Well...here goes..Trust me, those guys are savages, so I'd be shocked if things DID go well. However, if anyone asks for a moveset/moveset potential, just show them mine, OK?

BTW, I couldn't decide if the Miis would wear the pilot gear of Lark, Kiwi, and Goose, or their civilian outfits. Either way, they're be Mii Fighter outfits I'd fall in love with, just like the Viridi outfit.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
@Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, @BluePikmin11, @BoltDragon, @SuperSegaSonicSS and @falcomaster925

All right High-Flying Heroes, I finally made the new PW thread for the closure of the character boards. I'd like to take the time to thank you guys for sticking with this thread and supporting the idea of Pilot Wings getting a playable character. I understand that that series is not one that comes to others' minds when it comes to getting a playable character in Smash. Anyways, without further ado, here's the new thread!: http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-flying-straight-into-the-next-battle.421718/

Top Bottom