• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendog for Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS! (Assist Trophy status confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
PETA would never let Nintendo hear the end of this if it happened.
You are right... how about putting in Duck Hunt Dog instead? A lot of people would rather beat up Duck Hunt Dog for mocking their failures... and he is not a realistic puppy but a cartoon dog. :awesome:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You are right... how about putting in Duck Hunt Dog instead? A lot of people would rather beat up Duck Hunt Dog for mocking their failures... and he is not a realistic puppy but a cartoon dog. :awesome:
I would be all for it since Duck Hunt Dog is a Nintendo IP. But knowing PETA, they are not realisitic people at all no matter what the case is, so we should put Duck Hunt Dog in anyway.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Looks like Duck Hunt Dog has become Nintendog's main rival :troll:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
A moveset where the dog didn't get injured and the 'hand/owner' did would be interesting, but we all know how PETA is. They got fired up over the tanooki suit and the seals in WOW, not that PETA's opinion matter.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A moveset where the dog didn't get injured and the 'hand/owner' did would be interesting, but we all know how PETA is. They got fired up over the tanooki suit and the seals in WOW, not that PETA's opinion matter.

Silly PETA, trying to take away our Mario and Pokemans.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm updating the original OP with the all-new moveset! Hurray!

D

Deleted member

Best idea ever: Nintendog & Cat.

A Golden Retriever puppy is followed by a Scottish Fold kitten (yes, I am aware the game doesn't feature that breed, but screw the rules, that's Sakurai's cat. :troll:)

The puppy does most of the fighting while the cat lazes around. Some moves however, have the cat attacking.
Their Final Smash: The puppy does what he does in Brawl, and while he's playfully blocking the screen, the cat goes berserk and attacks opponents.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Best idea ever: Nintendog & Cat.

A Golden Retriever puppy is followed by a Scottish Fold kitten (yes, I am aware the game doesn't feature that breed, but screw the rules, that's Sakurai's cat. :troll:)
I could see this happening... Sakurai is always twittering about his cat... SSB4 already have a Nintendogs stage... Nintendog & Cat confirmed! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Watch, we troll about this stuff, and yet for all we know it could actually be happening. :troll:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I hope they warm up to the idea though, it takes a long while to finally agree considering most gamers don't like regular everyday things being in such games.
How do you seem him working though? With his owner's hand and his grabs having special animations that make characters look like they are being held down and their faced licked? I mean.. make him fight but look like he isn't?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's a short moveset:

B--Neutral: Bark: Nintendog barks on the opponent, causing the opponent paralysis for 1 second, this is good for escaping situation.

B-Side: Frisbee: Nintendog throws a frisbee, pretty simple and does weak damage knockback. You can angle the frisbee and also ride the frisbee as a temporary platform if timed right with a double jump.

B-Up: Trampoline: Nintendog jumps on a trampoline really high. No helpful horizontal recovery be careful.

B-Down: Tennis Ball: Nintendog slams a tennis ball to bounce on the ground. It causes minor damage and knockback, but you can also spam 3 of these to the ground to annoy your opponent.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
How do you seem him working though? With his owner's hand and his grabs having special animations that make characters look like they are being held down and their faced licked? I mean.. make him fight but look like he isn't?

There IS a collaborative moveset in the OP made by me and a few others!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
There IS a collaborative moveset in the OP made by me and a few others!
I have already seen it but I was asking for there take because so many people have different ideas on how it would work. I mean nintendo could go several ways to make it... not peta bait. They could make it overly cartoony and unrealistic in the height of jumps/overly fast/ not very realistic biting/pawing or they could make it look less like being hit/ect. That video doesn't seem that bad since it feels more unrealistic so it doesn't feel like you are beating up a puppy.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Villager and Nintendog teaming up sounds pretty nice. Villager tossing a frisbee or tennis ball to him sounds kinda fun to be honest. I support Nintendog now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Villager and Nintendog teaming up sounds pretty nice. Villager tossing a frisbee or tennis ball to him sounds kinda fun to be honest. I support Nintendog now.

Never thought of that. However, knowing the Villager's secret hobby, Nintendog may have something besides dog food for dinner every night, if you catch my drift.

Weruop

Smash Ace
Since when is PETA the world's voice of reason??

Like, seriously. You guys are all so concerned about PETA but I really dont see what kind of power PETA has that could affect Nintendo's choice to include Nintendog (w/ or w/out trainer) as playable. Are they going to try to sue Nintendo or anything because their beliefs dont fall in line with Nintendos? lol
If anything, it'd just be free promo and spread the word of SSB4. No one really cares about all the things PETA approves and disapproves of. And those who do, make up a percentage of the worlds population that is probably less than .1%.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ahhhh...Nintendog is great for Assist Trophy status and stage hazard even...but if I get to classic mode and it tells me to beat up a dog... D: nooooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom