• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Shutdown [GLOBAL] - May 20

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice

idk. the work going on at GBAtemp/sufami may change your skepticism. worth keeping an eye on, anyway

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Straight from my locked thread (due to this being Wi-Fi related thread as well).

We all know Wi-Fi contains lag and sometimes is not worth playing (due messing up our tricks and such... believe me I know -_- coming from a Link main...). But, what are the good things that come out of Wi-Fi? Enjoyment with your friends, hilarious moments with your friends or just a random person we just met somewhere. Wi-Fi makes us sad, mad, confused, and most of all happy. It can even get us friends and becoming best friends... like me and Cray my boy <3 No matter how we look at it, Wi-Fi gives us emotions to feel towards Super Smash Bros Brawl. Sometimes when we're upset about something, or just want to pass the time, we just get online and brawl with people we enjoy brawling with or just want to mess around for giggles.
Wi-Fi even creates amazing players (due to brawling so many players and exelling from here). Players like Salem, Zero, Ally, ADHD, and so on. And the best thing is there will always better players that will become better than them through playing Wi-Fi and understanding ways to get through with their characters. Now, WiFi isn't only for Brawl, It's for Mario Wii Kart, and so on. Wi-Fi is the best thing Nintendo could ever provide for us. ... And now they want to cancel it to get players and fans already for the WiiU? Why Nintendo?... Not everyone feels like spending $500- and so on on games, accessories, and so on.The only thing that will come out of this is losing your loyal fans that have stuck with you and even through your past bs... like "The Virtual Boy... we sure don't want memories of that now do we?... Want more? Okay, how about the time you backstabbed Sony... I'll let you all remember that moment... see Nintendo, you're just making bs mistakes, and shutting down WFC will not help, it will just be added to the histroy of failuers you've completed. Nintendo, for the sake for all onliners and lovers of Nintendo products, please keep WiFi on! Please leave your thoughts and dicuss what needs to be typed and done. I already gave my thoughts. Now it's your turn, whether if it affects Wi-Fi or not, leave your honest opinion!

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-keep-the-nintendo-wii-wi-fi-connections-on

To everyone else, please sign this petition and help me, and Blazer save Wi-Fi. Together we will fight and beat the system! Good day~

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Straight from my locked thread (due to this being Wi-Fi related thread as well).

We all know Wi-Fi contains lag and sometimes is not worth playing (due messing up our tricks and such... believe me I know -_- coming from a Link main...). But, what are the good things that come out of Wi-Fi? Enjoyment with your friends, hilarious moments with your friends or just a random person we just met somewhere. Wi-Fi makes us sad, mad, confused, and most of all happy. It can even get us friends and becoming best friends... like me and Cray my boy <3 No matter how we look at it, Wi-Fi gives us emotions to feel towards Super Smash Bros Brawl. Sometimes when we're upset about something, or just want to pass the time, we just get online and brawl with people we enjoy brawling with or just want to mess around for giggles.
Wi-Fi even creates amazing players (due to brawling so many players and exelling from here). Players like Salem, Zero, Ally, ADHD, and so on. And the best thing is there will always better players that will become better than them through playing Wi-Fi and understanding ways to get through with their characters. Now, WiFi isn't only for Brawl, It's for Mario Wii Kart, and so on. Wi-Fi is the best thing Nintendo could ever provide for us. ... And now they want to cancel it to get players and fans already for the WiiU? Why Nintendo?... Not everyone feels like spending $500- and so on on games, accessories, and so on.The only thing that will come out of this is losing your loyal fans that have stuck with you and even through your past bs... like "The Virtual Boy... we sure don't want memories of that now do we?... Want more? Okay, how about the time you backstabbed Sony... I'll let you all remember that moment... see Nintendo, you're just making bs mistakes, and shutting down WFC will not help, it will just be added to the histroy of failuers you've completed. Nintendo, for the sake for all onliners and lovers of Nintendo products, please keep WiFi on! Please leave your thoughts and dicuss what needs to be typed and done. I already gave my thoughts. Now it's your turn, whether if it affects Wi-Fi or not, leave your honest opinion!

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-keep-the-nintendo-wii-wi-fi-connections-on

To everyone else, please sign this petition and help me, and Blazer save Wi-Fi. Together we will fight and beat the system! Good day~
The Wii U online and 3DS online are staying intact. It's the Wii and DS online that's fading away.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
The Wii U online and 3DS online are staying intact. It's the Wii and DS online that's fading away.
Yes, I'm aware of that good sir. ... Sad Isn't it?...

Please don't forget to support the petition! We're almost there! Thanks to the loyal Nintendo fans who could make this possible. Good day~

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Wasn't the death of GameSpy connected to the servers going down? I think if they would they could keep them on but might not have a choice here.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I doubt it, If they couldn't, then why didn't Nintendo shut off the WiFi once the Wii-U or 3DS came out?

They're closing because of the two things I believe is the problem.

1. They want people to forget about Wii Wi-Fi and DS and FORCE people to buy a Wii-U or 3DS if they want to play Online now.

2. They're tried of people complaining (as so am I). Sure we rant, but at sometime, shut they're trap! People need to appreciate Nintendo's inventions and support them (even if they're not that good... Virtual Boy...) I bet you Nintendo will be more appreciated that we care this way, and I know many do but sadly... some do not feel this way. Good day~

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it, If they couldn't, then why didn't Nintendo shut off the WiFi once the Wii-U or 3DS came out?
Actually, the Wii U and 3DS will have their own Wi-Fi service for online play, different from WFC (I think they're calling it the Nintendo Network, or something). WFC for the Wii/DS is essentially just GameSpy technology with Nintendo's logo slapped on.

I remember hearing that online play for the Wii was rushed and kind of a cop-out, since all Nintendo did was copy WFC from the DS (GameSpy) and implement it in the Wii.

GameSpy = WFC, so if GameSpy is shutting down, so must WFC by association, unfortunately.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Actually, the Wii U and 3DS will have their own Wi-Fi service for online play, different from WFC (I think they're calling it the Nintendo Network, or something). WFC for the Wii/DS is essentially just GameSpy technology with Nintendo's logo slapped on.

I remember hearing that online play for the Wii was rushed and kind of a cop-out, since all Nintendo did was copy WFC from the DS (GameSpy) and implement it in the Wii.

GameSpy = WFC, so if GameSpy is shutting down, so must WFC by association, unfortunately.
Hmm, I understand that sir, however; Nintendo could of shut down WFC right when the Wii-U got released. No, I don't believe that's the problem, I believe it has to do with closing anything that will make the Wii playable (which was bought pretty much for Wi-Fi.) So gamer-s or fans have to buy a Wii-U or 3DS. I feel Nintendo rushed In to make a console... I believe they're still using Wiis and not caring to buy a Wii-U and I don't at all.mm again. .. Nintendo put one in the crapper once more. -_- They just can't keep things simple and release Smash4 for the Wii? No one will even use those controller Tvs... It's all going to GC controllers (from the one and only Game-cube! Home of Melee).

Even if it's rushed, I still enjoy WFC to death.

Why Is Game-Spy even closing anyway?

Last edited:

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Ugh I wish Nintendo would have at least waited until after the summer where everyone has more freetime to play online. :glare: I guess I'll play my PS3 and 3DS during the summer instead...

Reck

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nintendo isn't doing vary good with selling their Wii u so it looks like they are trying to push the people who have a Wii to get a Wii u but it isn't fair for a company to force anyone to buy something i understand that servers cost money for upkeep and such but they can charge some fees. granted not everyone will have the same opinion as me. i don't know but to me, i don't think they thought this through. things like this will make people afraid of buying a Nintendo products.

Last edited:

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Funny. The Mario Kart Wii won't die.

Remember how i mentioned Mr. Bean 2 months ago?

Well him and Wimmn and other pplz have worked day and night, and they made a custom server for MKWii.

When will Brawl Servers be made?

Edit: Found out this project works for ALL GAMES! SSBB ONLINE IS ALIVE!!

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
about 8 and a half hours remain until the time we were given in the Japanese press release, 11 PM JST.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Funny. The Mario Kart Wii won't die.

Remember how i mentioned Mr. Bean 2 months ago?

Well him and Wimmn and other pplz have worked day and night, and they made a custom server for MKWii.

When will Brawl Servers be made?

Edit: Found out this project works for ALL GAMES! SSBB ONLINE IS ALIVE!!
How does one access these servers?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He was the ONE good player I could fight with a decent FPS.
( ¡ _ ¡ )
I never got his FC...
How do you even get into contact with people you meet on basic brawl? o.o

I found this interesting hackless PM hack online that "makes" wifi work. Haven't tried it yet, but if interested, I have the link. D:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
How do you even get into contact with people you meet on basic brawl? o.o

I found this interesting hackless PM hack online that "makes" wifi work. Haven't tried it yet, but if interested, I have the link. D:
Link plz

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Top Bottom