• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
8 courses + ANOTHER 8 courses?!?! ****ING Link? Isabelle? Why Isabelle? Whatever, I like Isabelle.

Wait a minute. Does this mean there might be stages based on Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero?

Nintendo, stop hurting my wallet.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
First pack comes out November so my new main then shall be Link until Dry Bowser is out in May. Patches released along side these would be cool. A good invite system, voice chat during online races with friends, arenas and modes for battle mode, and custom item sets would be cool. I would pay money for a better battle mode.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
YO this totally fixes the problems I had with the game's lack of "good courses" and characters!

Link on a Motorcycle, can I get that in a main Zelda game pls
The Mario Kart 8 course were pretty good the retro courses on the other hand were terrible.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
So, they'll add in Alt versions of Mario and Peach, add Koopalings and take out other, more loved characters like Diddy and Bowser Jr, and they're adding characters from other game universes now...done with this.
Four variations of Mario and Peach. It's crazy.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Nintendo, stop it. You are destroying me with this god like fan service as of late. Please, my wallet can not take this anymore.

Why can't every game's DLC be this awesome?

GAAAWD I HOPE BABY PARK IS A DLC COURSE! PLEASE BASEGOD NINTENDO, I BEG OF YOU!!
Baby Park was already a retro course there are plenty of other courses they didn't reuse yet like Rainbow Road Wii and a majority of the 3DS courses

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Just imagine the music potential
My ears are ready

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
I hope we get Bowser Jr. and King Boo on future DLCs or even Captain Falcon!, with Link getting included the possibilities are endless!
It's very odd that we have an f zero course and blue falcon without the captain himself. Maybe a surprise announcement in the future hopefully or just promotion for an upcoming fzero game.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Baby Park was already a retro course there are plenty of other courses they didn't reuse yet like Rainbow Road Wii and a majority of the 3DS courses
True, but they could also use other courses like Mushroom City from Double Dash or Shroom Ridge MKDS.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
SUPER SMASH KART!! ITS BLACK NERD COMEDY'S DREAM!!!!!!

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE make some of the courses CLASSIC N64/SNES BATTLE MODE! THEN I WOULD PLAY FOREVER!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Link, Villager, Isabella, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Dry Bone Bowser, epic new tracks, AND F-Zero styled karts? SWEET!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Four variations of Mario and Peach. It's crazy.
I do wish we had gotten Kitsune Luigi, considering how much fame his death-stare got.
Also, I'd rather have gotten Meowser, but Dry Bones Bowser is pretty cool too.
Let the speculation over Link's weight-class... BEGIN!!
I guess cruiser, like Rosalina and DK.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I understand everyone has there own personal opinions but to be honest I really didn't enjoy ANY of the hand held Mario Kart games as much as I did the console versions. My best memories are from Double Dash so...give me Baby Park or give me DEATH.

I remember there where pretty good courses in Mario Kart Super Circuit, though. I loved Sunset Wilds. Mario Kart 7 was better then DS but the courses weren't that memorable to me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I guess Rosalina will soon be de-throned as the most excessively common character online.

I do wish it was Kitsune Luigi and Cat Rosalina instead of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach though. At the least, that would have evened things out. They still should have made Zelda herself playable though, complete with biker outfit.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Kinda weird but awesome at the same time to see link in a mario kart game as well as other game franchise characters. As some have said, might as well make this a super smash kart game now. Then again, I'm not too surprised really being how this is obviously for the whole amiibo thing.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
So hey guys what's all the freaking out f--
*drops cup of coffee that I wasn't actually holding*
HOLY EVERLASTING FIRETRUCKS
LINK
VILLAGER
ISABELLE
DRY BOWSER
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So like I'm super excited for this, holy flip. I just... MAN. I really missed Dry Bowser and I'm really glad he's back. Now we just need Diddy Kong and Sonic and Shadow and I'll be super happy.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I thought the Pokken Tournament announcement was so hype that it could not be topped, and then they announce Mario Kart crossover DLC. Excuse me while I go find some money to throw at my computer screen. And while racing as Link and the Villager sounds awesome, I just feel like there's just one character missing:

༼つ◕_◕༽つ Give Captain Falcon ༼つ◕_◕༽つ

Seriously, if this is the closest Nintendo's ever going to get when it comes to making something that's F-Zero related (Nintendo Land doesn't count), just put Captain Falcon in this game and I'll shut up and be happy!

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
This... is amazing! Super Smash Kart. Thank you, Nintendo. The fact that this could use all of the Smash Amiibos makes me ecstatic for Mega Man in Mario Kart.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
I thought I was getting trolled when I saw this headline on IGN...
Well. Super Racing Bros? Smash Kart? Too awesome...

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
I do really love this, but I've seen some comments about how people hope this character and that character are next. I hope they don't just put everyone into MK... I do think it'd be a lot of fun, but this is MARIO Kart, so I do hope they don't give it a Smash Bros.-esque roster :/

Don't get me wrong though, this DLC is awesome and makes me really want to buy MK8. Problem is, first I need a Wii U... Then I'll need Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, the new Zelda game, POKKEN Fighters, and Smash 4.

Top Bottom