• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo should buy Sega

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nowadays, Sega is getting worse since the fall from the console market. Not only they let their mascot suffer from bad games (From 2006 to 2010), they also never can fuffil their fans needs. These needs include reviving old franchises (Panzer Dragoon, Space Channel 5, ect.), localizing games (Puyo Puyo, Valkyria Chronicles, ect.), making a new console, and spending less time off Sonic. The fact that the company is one the verge of being severely bankrupt didn't help. Nintendo and Sega have been good friends lately and the big N buying the former great S would be a way of getting closer. That way they won't be shut down unlike what happened to Midway. I can easily see Sega as the perfect replacement for Rare since the devious Microsoft left Nintendo former property to the wrong path. Considering Nintendo has been getting more mature lately with games like Zangeki no Reginleiv and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, I can see they would have no problem making a House of the Dead game (which would be the perfect 1st person shooter for Miyamoto to make). Monolift Soft can easily make a new Skies of Arcadia since they developed the critically-acclaimed Xenoblade Chronicles. Puyo Puyo would be the closest thing to a new Panel De Pon game. Panzer Dragoon and After Burner would also be great with Nintendo since they also made the similar Star Fox. Space Channel 5 would be great for the casual market since its wacky and fun like Rhythm Heaven. SUMO Digital can also help Nintendo make a great racing game since they said that The big N can learn a thing or two from S&ASRT. Virtua Fighter can be another great fighter for Nintendo to cooperate with. There many other great games they could publish like NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Alex Kidd, Ristar, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and many more. But most of all, there can even be a crossover platformer between the two big mascots (Mario and Sonic), as well as the Blue Blur staying in the Super Smash Bros franchise.

Do you think Nintendo should go for it?​

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think with Nintendo's creative team along with them, a truly wonderful Sonic game could be made.

Generations was great though. Love the chili dog and Robotnick thing.

I refuse to call him Eggman

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what I want Sega?

Either a Sega Smash Bros...Or personally, a SONIC smash Bros. (...With NiGHTS in it)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just the thought of a Monolith developed Sky of Arcadia makes be anxious for Nintendo to buy them. It was one of Sega's most underrated RPG titles. I'm glad that Sega shown more love for the game by giving it a Gamecube rerelease and making Vyse a racer in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Same thing goes for Billy Hatcher (probably being made by NIntendo EAD). It was arguably one of Sega's most unique Gamecube exclusive titles. I was bummed that he couldn't make it in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. :(

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
**** no.

Nintendo barely pays attention to their B/C/D list franchises. What makes you think they're gonna give SEGA's franchises the light of day.

yani

Smash Lord
Hell yeah they should! While Sumo isn't owned by Sega, I'd love to see them develop an F-Zero game (or I'd even enjoy Sega doing another one). I hope it happens..

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I feel like Nintendo would do far better with Sonic than Sega has done in the past decade. I said elsewhere that I'd totally play a New Super Mario Brothers-style Sonic game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like Nintendo would do far better with Sonic than Sega has done in the past decade. I said elsewhere that I'd totally play a New Super Mario Brothers-style Sonic game.
You just read my mind! After all, most Sonic fans miss the 2D style gameplay the original had. :bee:

:phone:

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I mean Nintendo basically gets Sega stuff whenever they want, (example: Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Sonic in Smash.) So why spend a huge amount buying a company that has very little to offer in the long run?

finalark

SNORLAX
**** no.

Nintendo barely pays attention to their B/C/D list franchises. What makes you think they're gonna give SEGA's franchises the light of day.
Pretty much this. As far as SEGA is concerned, any franchise of theirs that isn't about a speedy blue rodent can go **** itself. If Nintendo suddenly owned SEGA I doubt things would be much different.

And at least SEGA is releasing HD versions of old games. If Nintendo was in charge I doubt we would have seen NiGHTS or Jet Set Radio get HD releases.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Then there's the option of buying (or shall I say stealing) some of their IPs that they don't care for any more, like Dynamite Heady for example (Treasure travels from publisher to publisher). Just like how the Capcom fanboys wanted Nintendo to snatch Mega Man from Capcom before their Heel Face Turn a few months ago. :troll:

I highly doubt they would want to co-own a franchise other than Fatal Frame.

Top Bottom