• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Nintendo reveal at Apex 2015?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ssms8/what_did_d1_just_leak/ http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ssmr8/d1_you_know_whats_gonna_be_playable_at_apex_gimr/ D1 seems to have hinted at a reveal at APEX 2015 from Nintendo. Tons of speculation I here from reddit is either Mewtwo, Splatoon or Smash Bros. Melee HD. I even heard there is an announcement slot just before Smash 64 which could be a Nintendo reveal. (Disclaimer: I wouldn't recommend overhyping as this is just speculation on what might be coming up, but if this if real...) EDIT2: Here's video proof! Thanks Nine! Sorry for the Delay!

Last edited:
I'll trust these guys and say it's one of three things...

Pokken, the big Smash update coming up with online tournaments and stuff, or Mewtwo.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well if there is going to be an annoucement, I think it will most likely be Pokken Fighters due to the only other tournament type game being made by Nintendo. Although if it is an out-of-whack reveal, then it might be a Melee HD remake. Who knows what might be there.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Certainly seems likely,with them sponsoring Apex and all...

BUT WHAT COULD THAT ANNOUNCEMENT BE.

MG_Music

Smash Cadet
NNID
xMGMusicx
Could be Smash 64 coming to Virtual Console since its like before the smash 64 thing

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ Nine Nine : Do you know if there is a youtube upload of it by any chance? My Wii U is all I have until my family's computer gets fixed as for some reason the video justs load constantly and won't even play.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
HYPE HYPE HYPE...

Mewtwo would be a good way to start the show, but I feel like they're gonna do something to promote competitive smash, MAYBE JUST MAYBE they can make some kinda competitive smash 4 version you can download if you buy smash wii u...

Pokken Tournament is a fighting game and APEX has fighting games...

ohohoho

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I can't help but feel like it might be Splatoon, just because of Hungrybox chatting with D1 on a stream and mentioning fried squid, then winking to the camera. But that might just be Hungrybox messing with us. It'd also not make sense to bring Splatoon there, especially to a fighting game tournament. But I also wouldn't mind Splatoon because it's an awesome game, and a lot of people in the Smash community actually really like it.

If it's not something to over-hype, however, then that honestly blows a lot of possibilities out of the water, like Melee HD, Pokken, or even Mewtwo. But then again, who knows. All I hope for is that it isn't a let down; Nintendo has quite the opportunity to make a big, satisfying surprise here.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Melee HD would be interesting, but very doubtful since Smash 4 just came out. Unless a different team was presenting it.

Pokken tournament....is going to be an arcade game, so I doubt it'd be playable.

Mewtwo...makes sense, but who would pick a character they're unfamiliar with for a tournament? Nintendo wouldn't be so silly.

It's probably Splatoon.

Melee HD would be interesting, but very doubtful since Smash 4 just came out. Unless a different team was presenting it.

Pokken tournament....is going to be an arcade game, so I doubt it'd be playable.

Mewtwo...makes sense, but who would pick a character they're unfamiliar with for a tournament? Nintendo wouldn't be so silly.

It's probably Splatoon.
Pokken Tournament hasn't been ruled out for Wii U yet.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Pokken Tournament hasn't been ruled out for Wii U yet.
But it's coming out for arcade much sooner.

If it'll be playable, they're literally going to bring a few Pokken machines to Apex, but that wont happen, because they wouldn't build an arcade setup for an unfinished game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
What if the Melee remake is a New 3DS exclusive :troll:. In all seriousness though, it really seems it will be Pokken Tournament. I mean we have clues saying that a you'll be able to try out a demo at select locations in Japan on January 30th, 31st and February 1st which is the same days as APEX. While Nintendo just released more information on the game anyway. Also it hasn't been "officially" revealed in America and Europe yet. Or I could just be completely wrong and we are getting Smash DLC and Shrek is revealed :troll:.

Top Bottom