• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of America Treehouse Twitch Stream, New Character Guaranteed?

Will the Nintendo Treehouse Stream Reveal a New Character?

• Of couse

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • They may only show us things we have already shown

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Yes and they are going to reveal the entire roster

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Yes, but they will only show one newcomer

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • The Stream Event will be handled just like the Comic Con was

Votes: 21 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nintendo of America has announced a Nintendo Treehouse Live Stream on Twitch this coming Friday.

Do you guys think we are guaranteed a newcomer or is the Nintendo Treehouse going to reveal all?

This poll will close on the day of the Stream.

Edit: "They may only show us things we have already shown" should be "They may only show us things they have already shown.".

Edit2: Changed the Title to include the word "Stream" after Twitch.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It could go either way... but if I had to guess, I'd say that there's probably going to be one last character trailer shown at the beginning.

But that's just optimism.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Of course their going to show a new character. Why are people so quick to think the worst? Same thing happened with the *** direct. No one thought they were going to show a character cause it was japan only. What kind of sense did that make? There's clearly 2 more newcomers they have to show before release. Japan is also doing their own stream. Most likely both of them are going to show off the same character(Either Bowser JR od DHD)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No Ridley, No Mewtwo, no service. That's what I think, if they're showing Ridley at any point, they're showing him now.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Unless they play a special copy similar to the demo where they can't unlock any characters, they'll probably unlock somebody if there is anybody who is unlocked as early in the game as Ness (5 matches) and Marth (10 matches) in Brawl.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
A character reveal would benefit them no matter who. Shulk hype isent dead, but it probably has diminished with the general audience. Im sure half of the crowd already has it preordered, but a big 3 character or someone unexpected would really seal the deal for the people on the fence.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm gonna say they'll show us stuff we've already seen because that's a given. ;P

Beyond that? It's hard to say, but I think @ BerryBomber BerryBomber said it nicely above.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
To be honest, if any reveal trailers are left, I think they'll be shown at the treehouse.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Watch, after they do 8 hours of this game, they will definitely being going over a certain amount of matches and unlock one or more characters for sure. It is the final version after all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If the eshop title screen is the starter select...there's a good chance we'll see Doc, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog or one of the many veterans that appear to be unlockable getting unlocked. That'll be exciting even if it's just Ness or Puff that we've seen revealed three times before.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm expecting them to show only what we already know in terms of characters. They may show alternate costumes and other stuff we have no knowledge of, but nothing new.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new character.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I believe the whole point of this is to beat the other streams to the punch and allow us to experience the game in a familiar language since everything is going to be revealed the next day anyway.

If that assumption is true, then they would definitely reveal characters that haven't been announced but are in the release build.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
...Or it'll be SDCC all over again. **** streaming setup confirmed! Bowser dittos for days confirmed! SMB Lost Levels confirmed! Ear bleeding banter confirmed! :troll:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I believe the whole point of this is to beat the other streams to the punch and allow us to experience the game in a familiar language since everything is going to be revealed the next day anyway.

If that assumption is true, then they would definitely reveal characters that haven't been announced but are in the release build.
Honestly, I hope you're right. Wouldn't it be awesome if they started with the starting roster and, after a couple matches showing characters we haven't seen in action before (like Meta Knight, Ike, Lucario and so...) they showed a character they haven't announced yet, with a trailer and all, followed by a match using them.

Boy, that would be an insanely good show and a great way to show the world they are aware it's going to leak anyways and they prefer to show it by themselves.

Speculator

Smash Ace
There are a lot of characters we know about that we haven't 'officially' seen, so I don't think it's out of the question that we'll see one of them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They're gonna have to, because we're gonna know all or almost all of the Smash 3DS roster by then.

The only thing they will almost definitely hold back are Smash WiiU and DLC characters.

They might also hold back a few hidden characters as well.

Last edited:

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
I could see a reveal to build up some more hype for the last 3 weeks. Something like Duck Hunt dog, where it would come from left field for most people.

I think they'll be playing a build that won't unlock anything. 8 hours of straight gameplay will unlock a lot of characters otherwise.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Even if there is a new character trailer/announcement, it'll most likely be one of the ones we already know about, namely Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, or (god forbid he gets his own trailer) Dark Pit.

Considering the eShop/demo roster seems to be the starting roster, they might be holding off all secret character announcements until after release.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I think there just gonna show stuff that we know, or better, the stuff that were gonna start out!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The only character I can possibly see being revealed or even teased is Snake, given his third party + veteran status. I don't see the point of waiting this long to reveal a starter or revealing/teasing a secret non 3rd party character pre-release.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Honestly, I think it's unlikely. They haven't revealed characters in any Smash livestreams up until now, and we don't have reason yet to believe that'll change.

If they do, though...that raises the odds of the leak missing some newcomers.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hmm. Maybe. Shulk's banner has been removed, which might be pointing at a reveal to happen soon.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I could see a trailer or two, but I think they're not going to reveal the full roster. I think the original idea was that unlockables weren't going to be revealed, which would explain why certain vets haven't been revealed this close to release.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
im thinking the person who plays unlock some of the unconfirmed characters XD (Ness,Wario,G&W,dr mario and maybe dark pit or DHD) but i think they reveals veterans XD

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
No. So far every character announced is on the starting roster, I doubt this trend will be broken.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I doubt it, unfortunately.

Though.... maybe if they unlock a character? They're gonna play it for eight hours straight, right? They're bound to find something!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guaranteed? Absolutely not.

Likely? Eh, probably not.

Possible? Sure.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
there is a chance but I think not they just showed off shulk its a bit too soon to show anyone else
The game comes out the next morning. I don't think Sakurai is planning of continuing to reveal characters once we already know them all.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The game comes out the next morning. I don't think Sakurai is planning of continuing to reveal characters once we already know them all.
He will probably reveal them like he did in Brawl. Every once in a while, under a "spoiler" category. That said, I'd love to see everything now rather than having it spoiled by some random Japanese guy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure about a newcomer reveal.

They're hardly going to reveal a clone (at least on it's own) so I think Dark Pit is out.
Duck Hunt Dog, he seems like this games Game & Watch. A very likely secret.
Bowser Jr. is the most likely, but will we get another Mario newcomer trailer?

I'm not feeling any of those three.....

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The starting roster has already been revealed in full. I have no idea why Lucina was shown early but I doubt we'll see another unlockable
newcomer before release.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Lucina isn't on the starting roster. Right?
True. This escaped me. Although I'm fairly sure she's the only one thus far, and she most likely was only revealed since it would be easier to incorporate her into the Robin trailer, whereas here we are looking at a whole new trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom