• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of America (NOA) knows how to place easter eggs

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
Ok, Nintendo of America probably spent hours on the Internet looking for various characters and memes. If you go to the name select thing under your character's portrait, pull up the name keyboard. Click the name button and you will see memes. You will see names such as...
FILS-A-MEK (Reggie Robot)
RIDLAY (HE IS TOO BIG)
SAKURAI (Shameless plug)
MIKEYBEAR (Xbox joke)
EGADD (Professor Egadd)
DS (Don't know what to say here)
XCITE (Probably reference to Excitebike)
FAWFUL (Villian in Mario and Luigi series, I HAVE FURYYYYY!!!!)
F.L.U.D.D (Mario's down-b, orginates from Mario Sunshine)
K.ROOL (Kappa)
JUMPMAN (Mario's old name$
WART (Final boss of Mario 2 I believe)
ZORA (Fish creature from Zelda)
MAJORA (Majora's Mask)
FUNKYKONG (From the Kong Family obviously)
N64 (Great console btw)
PIKMANZ (Sakurai wut)
MELEE (THERE ARE TWO SPEEDS, FAST AND WAAAYYY TOO FAST)
BRAWL (You're too slow, I'nm just poking fun here)
MONA (Mona from Warioware)
DOUBLEDASH (Mario Kart game, It's a fan favorite.
DKJR (It's da baby DK, except not anymore. It is DK's father)
SLIPPY (Fox, get this guy off me!)
SQUID (You're a squid now, you're a kid now)
NOJOHNS (No johns if you don't know what no johns means)
ZANT (Main villain in Twilight Princess)
TINGLE (Tingle, Tingle, Koo-Limpahhh!)
NIN10DO (Another shameless plug)
T-O-A-D (W-H-Y D-I-D T-H-E-Y S-P-E-L-L T-O-A-D T-H-I-S W-A-Y? He's the mushroom dude in the Mario games)
CRUMP (I'm assuming Lord Crump from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door)
BIRDO (Pink creature that originated from Mario 2)
DAISY (Hi I'm Daisy!)
DEKU (You are a scrub)
GORON (Rolling rolling rolling)
BARRELROLL (Do a barrel roll!)
ISAAC (Golden Sun?)
That is all of the cool ones I found, I'm sure that there is a bunch more good ones. Hope you enjoy these.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm pretty sure these weren't made by Sakurai, but rather whoever localized this bit. I wonder what the names are in the original Japanese version...

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure these weren't made by Sakurai, but rather whoever localized this bit. I wonder what the names are in the original Japanese version...
I'm sure that they are somewhat similar, I'm sure there are a few different things though.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
That's all Nintendo of America. They wrote all of the trophy and pre-game hint descriptions. I believe it was Nate Bihldorff (localization manager and part of the Nintendo Treehouse) or someone like that who talked about it during one of the Treehouse play throughs. The Japanese text isn't the same as the English text. There is a completely different market in North America, so the text caters to it.

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
That's all Nintendo of America. They wrote all of the trophy and pre-game hint descriptions. I believe it was Nate Bihldorff (localization manager and part of the Nintendo Treehouse) or someone like that who talked about it during one of the Treehouse play throughs. The Japanese text isn't the same as the English text. There is a completely different market in North America, so the text caters to it.
Ok, thanks for telling me, I'll update the post.

Top Bottom