• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Join Club Nintendo Today, Mac!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of February 2nd to 8th, 2015 and covers Xenoblade Chronicles X news, Club Nintendo and more. Read on below!

Xenoblade Chronicles X Japanese Direct

Last week, there was a Japanese Direct focused solely on the Wii U exclusive game, Xenoblabe Chronicles X. The Direct was jam packed with new information about the game. New details included the ability to play online in 4 player co-op, character creation, a log book to keep track of all the creatures encountered and so much more. Watch the full Xenoblade Direct right here.

In other Xenoblade related news, the New 3DS exclusive port of the Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D also got a release date, April 10th, 2015. The game will also support the Shulk amiibo.

Hidden Ability Generation 2 Starters Coming Soon to Pokemon Bank

The Johto starters with their Hidden Abilities will soon be available from Pokemon Bank! Trainers who access their Pokemon Bank account between February 27th and November 30th, 2015 will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities. This will work with both Pokemon X/Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Meganium gains the Leaf Guard ability, protecting it from status conditions when the sunlight is harsh. Typhlosion gets the Flash Fire ability, which powers up Fire-type moves after receiving damage from a Fire-type attack. Finally, Feraligatr receives the Sheer Force ability, which eliminates the secondary effect of the Pokemon's attacks, but causes them to do an additional 30% more damage.

Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demos on 3DS eShop

Players who want to try Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or Codename S.T.E.A.M. for the 3DS before buying it are in luck! Both those games currently have free demos available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop and can be downloaded immediately. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will launch on February 13th and Codename S.T.E.A.M. releases a bit later on March 10th.

Final Batch of Club Nintendo Rewards are up!

With Club Nintendo shutting down later this year, it's only fitting that the last batch of Club Nintendo rewards would be so huge. Club Nintendo has updated their rewards for the final time, this time including over 100 Wii, 3DS and Wii U games all available to download at the cost of Club Nintendo coins. These games range from Virtual Console titles to full fledged games. In addition to a massive library of games, Club Nintendo has added a good amount of physical merchandise players can spend their coins on too. There's an 8bit Mario t-shirt, a Legend of Zelda 3DS game pouch, a 2016 Nintendo calendar, 3 sets of Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS newcomer posters, a Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D messenger bag and much more. Check out the Club Nintendo website to start loading up on games and merchandise.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards who doesn't know what to spend his 1200 Club Nintendo coins on yet. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.
Also, shoutouts to @thethirdkoopa for covering for me last week. Give him a follow on Twitter too @Thirdkoopa

Geno Boost

Smash Master
is it good for me that i hacked the 3 starter from gen 2 as shiny and with hidden ability with lv. 100 and fully trained?
(note: i hacked more than 600 pokemon)

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Heh. Xenoblabe. Makes me wonder how saturated the game will be with Xenobabes.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I got 920 coins remaining and have only bought Doc Louis Punch Out!!
Any recommendations for retail games? (Already own Star Fox 643D and Kid Icarus Uprising)

Should I try out Dillon's Rolling Western games?

Really wish you could choose what wallpaper you want. The Robin one would be cool

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hmm...why download the digital versions of the 3DS and Wii U games when I can just get the physical versions of them.
I wish we had the option to choose which poster we would like to get as I really want that Shulk one. I don't want the brat nor Duck Hunt (even though I like the trio).
I'm thinking about spending 250 coins on F-Zero X, which I should've gotten a long time ago.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...why download the digital versions of the 3DS and Wii U games when I can just get the physical versions of them.
So you can get them for free because of your major loyalty to Nintendo?

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
is it good for me that i hacked the 3 starter from gen 2 as shiny and with hidden ability with lv. 100 and fully trained?
(note: i hacked more than 600 pokemon)
Bro, that is so good for you. You are the most badass dude ever. How does I hack a pokemone for shiny and hidden ability with level 100? Can I hack for all ribbon and OT Ash with 31 IV for everything?

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
Do the new Club Nintendo rewards work in Australia? I have a Club Nintendo account but if I go onto the rewards section on that website it's just got the really old rewards, while if I try go to the linked website I have to sign up for a new account, which won't let me choose any country aside from America/Canada. Can I not get these rewards?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh my god, how did I miss the Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct?! I really loved it! It was one of my most favorite Direct after the Smash Direct. Though Cross looks like someone punched his face in as a baby. It just looks scrunched...but so does everyone else in any Monolith game >,<

And I am not one to jump on the ol' DLC bandwagon but I would literally lose my ever loving **** if Elma was made playable. She would seriously be awesome.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm hoping that I would play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D first when it comes out before picking up Xenoblade Chronicles X thereafter. Now I just gotta get me a Shulk amiibo too and I'll be a happy camper.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Cool Club Nintendo rewards for us Americans. After browsing through the library of games and seeing that I either own most of the games or am not interested in the others, I picked out three of the physical goods: the Majora's Mask puzzle, the Mario shirt, and the 3DS XL Zelda-style pouch. The posters were tempting (I have the first set of Smash posters framed in my gaming game) but I have so may posters already.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I've been going on a Legend of Zelda binge lately so I downloaded Link to the Past and Majora's mask which were both pretty cheap at 250 coins each. I'm looking forward to what the Platinum elite rewards will be, I don't expect anything shockingly good but it would be nice to surprise everyone with something really cool as a way to say goodbye to Club Nintendo and move into the new program.

Top Bottom