• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Delays and Metroid

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of January 26th to February 1st, and covers APEX 2015’s starting, Metroid Prime Trilogy on the eShop, and Mario Maker delayed. Read on below!

Mario Maker Delayed

Mario Maker, the Wii U title allowing players to create their own Mario levels, has a high chance of arriving later than the expected release date. The game was scheduled to release in the first half of 2015 when it was first announced at E3 2014, but on Nintendo’s recent earning release for the past nine months. The launch date for Mario Maker was now shown with a less specific release date of “2015.” Project Guard has also been changed from “First Half of 2015” to “2015”. We'll be reporting more news as it comes.

APEX 2015 starting; mostly finished now

On January 30th APEX 2015’s venue had a few issues. It got worrisome for many at the venue; people wondered if the event was still going to go on. Fortunately, thanks to the community, APEX 2015 lived on. Friday and Saturday got condensed into being all on Saturday. It’s almost finishing up too as this is being posted.

For any curious of results thus far, check out apex.smashboards.com

Metroid Prime Trilogy now avaliable on eShop in (almost) all regions

A fantastic compilation starring Super Smash Bros’ own Samus is now available for download on the Wii U eShop! The Metroid Prime Trilogy is a compilation of three fantastic games; Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. The Metroid Prime Trilogy is available now in all regions (except Japan) and is on sale for $9.99 US from now until February 5th, so get it soon before it goes back up to its regular price of $19.99. The game will require a Wii remote and Nunchuck to play. Download Metroid Prime Trilogy today!

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards who likes Video Games.Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk. Follow and chat with @Thirdkoopa for getting this up today.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm fine with Msrio Maker getting delayed if that ends up making it better/giving it more content.
I really want more than just the Tanooki Leaf in there.
(Fire Flower of course, but maybe something else too?)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm fine with Msrio Maker getting delayed if that ends up making it better/giving it more content.
I really want more than just the Tanooki Leaf in there.
(Fire Flower of course, but maybe something else too?)
I think we all want to see this return before we the Tanooki:

It's a real mystery why one of :4mario:'s famous items hasn't made a reappearance in the newer games.

I might be in the minority who is interested in a Super :4mario: Bros. 2 (USA) mode.

D

Deleted member

Earlier they rereleased Earthbound, my favorite game of all time, and now they're rereleasing Metroid Prime Trilogy, my second favorite. It feels like this was done specifically for me. :3

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think we all want to see this return before we the Tanooki:

It's a real mystery why one of :4mario:'s famous items hasn't made a reappearance in the newer games.

I might be in the minority who is interested in a Super :4mario: Bros. 2 (USA) mode.
Mario world WAS my first Mario game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Screw Attack confirmed that the announcement has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Nintendo make a new Metroid game that takes place after Fusion. I'm dying to see if she gets her suit back or if she keeps the one sure currently has.

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
When I read the title, my heart stopped since I thought there'd be news about5 a new Metroid game in the making.
Trilogy is great and having it available for less than $100 or whatever it goes for online is neat. But, we could really need at least some news about where the series is going.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Metroid Prime was my first shooter game in which it is now one of my favorite genres so i will be buying this and playing through all of them again:)

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Of course they don't release metroid prime trilogy in HD let alone release a 2d metroid sequel. ****ers

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Metroid Prime Trilogy? For only $9.99? Now I really need to get a Wii U...

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
You want a bad Prime, look at Prime Hunters.
or Other M. not a prime but that game sucked mass.

1 was amazing. 2 was just ok, i didn't quite finish it. i had enough of 3d metroids by the time 3 came out. 2d or bust, nintendo.

Last edited:

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!
Curse of the Koopa King? Major Wario? Major Wario? I don't even like Wario and I'm interested. This isn't some asspull or some leaker, is it? Prime: Fugitives? Major Wario? They didn't perhaps say anything about a new Dr. Mario, did they?
Prime Hunters is so much worse than Prime 2.
They shouldn't even be in the same sentence together.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Lol prime hunters. The multiplayer was cool, especially for the ds, but single player? Horrible to say the least. I don't even consider it really canon.

What's really making me laugh is that list. Prime: Fugitive? Pfft. Have you even seen the Metroid timeline? Unless the fugitive ain't Samus (Which kinda makes the title weird) there are no people to be escaping. Fusion happens after everything we know.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Curse of the Koopa King? Major Wario? Major Wario? I don't even like Wario and I'm interested. This isn't some asspull or some leaker, is it? Prime: Fugitives? Major Wario? They didn't perhaps say anything about a new Dr. Mario, did they?

They shouldn't even be in the same sentence together.
I agree wholeheartedly. But Prime 2 is still overrated.

Top Bottom