• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Network needs to be improved.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Title says it all. My internet is fine and never gives me any trouble, but every time I play for glory I get the notorious error messages saying either I can't connect to a partner device or I flat out cant connect to the network. Its a freaking joke. Only thing that resets it sometimes is restarting my wii u.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Imagine having some god-like internet speeds just to get caught in a constant loop of error messages or laggy matches due to the other player's connection. Now, imagine that, but over wifi instead of ethernet (since I play on the 3DS). I don't know how P2P works behind the scenes but it hasn't be all that great for Smash.

I invested in quality internet for a reason, Nintendo: to not experience this. But hey, you just have to keep clicking until you get connected I suppose.

Last edited:

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
My friend's friend has that error thing where if you connect to him, it gives you an error message. So you're the one who needs to make room. He says he "fixed" his internet, but it seems to have worked since no more error messages crop up.

IDK what was up with that nonsense tbh. It's probably outside of Nintendo's control.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I have more issues with the 3ds. I can play 50 lagless matches, but as soon as I fight one laggy match, it kicks me off online with an error message and won't let me back on for days. Or it will let me back on, and I'll be in the middle of a lagless match when it gives me an error and kicks me off again. I seriously cannot play online for several days when this happens. But only on the 3ds. It's not my internet cuz the Wii U online works completely fine.

Last edited:

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
Seriously. I just recently upgraded my internet to double it and I still suffer the same amount of input delay and lag. Not even a little less.

abx

Smash Journeyman
What kind of error do you mean? I had a distinct error for 90% of the times I tried to enter any room with my 3DS. It'S not that my internet is slow or something. I managed to overcome this problem by realiziing how to enable port forwarding on my router.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
What kind of error do you mean? I had a distinct error for 90% of the times I tried to enter any room with my 3DS. It'S not that my internet is slow or something. I managed to overcome this problem by realiziing how to enable port forwarding on my router.
Its usually the error thats like 118 201 or something that means I literally cant connect to the internet. The other error message ends in 508 I think and says "could not connect to partner device".

abx

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I don't know about this. I'm quite familiar with 018-516 (sometimes ending with 4 instead of 6) though. It appears constantly when I'm not port forwarding.

Top Bottom