• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Needs to Give Us This Control Option

noshadowkick

Smash Rookie
So the 3ds has 4 relevant face buttons: A, B, X, Y. There are three things these buttons could be assigned to: Attack, Special, Jump. If you are like me, you have B assigned to Special, A to Attack and X/Y to Jump.

WHY CANT WE HAVE A SMASH BUTTON?!!!! Seriously! I personally have a hard time inputting tilts. Would it have been so hard for Nintendo to give Smash attacks their own buttons so the attack button only performed attacks and tilts? Would anyone else want this option? I would personally assign smashes to the X button. There would be a slight issue with having a "neutral" smash if the smash button were pushed with out a directional input, but that could be easily solved by just having it activate the shield or something. Having this option would totally change my game. Sigh...

They could have even worked it so that when the "smash" button was pressed the circle pad wouldn't cause the character model to move. That way we could do the whole retreating back air thing without a separate c-stick.

Am I the only one who wants this?

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I don't know about specifically having a button for Smash attacks, I feel like that's what the C-Stick used to be for and it's a little difficult to replace something like that with a button. My problem is actually that I get tilts more when I want Smash attacks, which is pretty infuriating. For some reason, I find that pushing the circle pad to the side first and then pressing A right afterwards gives me a Smash attack, it'll even stop my character mid running animation to do a Smash when I actually wanted a dash attack.

The circle pad is weird for this game.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, like a light and heavy setup used in many hack 'n' slash games like God of War?

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
It's not that hard... seriously... this shouldn't even be apart of the skill gap...

I suppose Shoryuken's are too hard for some people too, why can't every move ever have a button I can easily access!?!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's not that hard... seriously... this shouldn't even be apart of the skill gap...

I suppose Shoryuken's are too hard for some people too, why can't every move ever have a button I can easily access!?!
They do, it's called Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Deadpool even tells you what move it is when you use it. :p

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
They do, it's called Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Deadpool even tells you what move it is when you use it. :p
He also tells you when he has pressed the wrong button. Best in-game help a game has ever given

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's a reason why smash attacks are often limited to just the Right Control Stick, as that lets you choose your attack direction more easily.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Yeah, that would be cool. I never use my Y button anyway.

Useless on Wii U though.

Top Bottom